VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2019? Who gets fired?

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, I'm not surprised. But at the same time, I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd given him at least part of next season before firing him.

Everyone with a Twitter account needs to go troll Baker Mayfield though, and call him a 'Coach Killer'. 2nd fired head coach (3rd if you want to count Greg Williams), in just 2 seasons.

I think the Browns actually wanted Gregg Williams to be their next permanent HC, but IMO the NFL may have privately told the Browns they could not because it would be a "bad image" for the NFL due to "bountygate,"  with the Browns possibly forfeiting multiple draft picks as a penalty if they went with Williams as HC.

That's why I think the Jets won't lose Williams as DC this time around.

1 hour ago, eaglegenius said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Garrett ends up at USC or UCLA.

If Garrett leaves the Cowboys (he doesn't have to be fired), I think he goes to the Giants, especially with Ron Rivera likely becoming the Redskins HC.  Garrett has a past history with the Maras, he's from New Jersey and I think he'd want to be close to home.  

Adding: Chip is NOT leaving UCLA.  UCLA lost a ton of players before Chip got there for a variety of reasons unrelated to Chip and Chip has had to play with a lot of freshmen and sophomores.  They knew UCLA would be a massive rebuilding job that was going to take awhile to fix.  

USC is not replacing their HC either (even if many wanted that). 

8 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

welp

That could be true (that it's not true), if the entire staff's contracts expired along with Garrett's. Their jobs would have just evaporated last night. No need to fire them lol.

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I think the Browns actually wanted Gregg Williams to be their next permanent HC, but IMO the NFL may have privately told the Browns they could not because it would be a "bad image" for the NFL due to "bountygate,"  with the Browns possibly forfeiting multiple draft picks as a penalty if they went with Williams as HC.

Problem is...Williams sucks. His defenses have been average for years. He has been fired so many times as a defensive coordinator. He was a lousy head coach. He would be the worst HC imaginable for the Browns because he is just like Baker...massive ego, total jerk. They need a HC who can whip those players into shape, wont accept the divas and egos. Williams wouldn't be that guy at all. Mr. Bounty Gate should've been banned from the NFL when he had his players try and hurt others. He was 22-34 as a HC btw  

2001-2003: Bills head coach, FIRED
2004-2007: Redskins DC, FIRED
2008: Jaguars DC, FIRED
2009-2011: Saints DC, Suspended, FIRED
2012: Rams DC, FIRED
2013: Titans assistant defensive coach, FIRED
2013-2016: Rams DC, FIRED
2017-2019: Browns DC and HC, FIRED
2019: Jets DC 

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Where do you get these theories??

8 hours ago, Jason1978 said:

I so hope those reports of NYG being interested in Garrett are true if Dallas fires him. Could Shurmur be a potential Eagles OC candidate if Groh is fired? 

I don't think there is anyway groh gets fired now. They got all these practice squad guys and back ups to by in and get into the playoffs 2 years in a row with out any real weapons? Groh is going no where now

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I was originally surprised they didn't keep him considering how well they played in the back end with Hue Jackson gone. However the players, coaches, just about everyone HATED him because he is such a d-bag. 

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

🤣🤣🤣 Wally you got a helluva imagination 

31 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I don't think there is anyway groh gets fired now. They got all these practice squad guys and back ups to by in and get into the playoffs 2 years in a row with out any real weapons? Groh is going no where now

I'm rooting for someone to offer Groh a HC position

The Browns should request permission to interview Schwartz to become their next head coach.

11 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

🤣🤣🤣 Wally you got a helluva imagination 

And still drug free.

40 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Groh was the one who held them back in favor of Hollins and Agholor. Necessity was the mother of invention here.

23 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

Groh was the one who held them back in favor of Hollins and Agholor. Necessity was the mother of invention here.

I'm in no way saying I want groh here but, I get the feeling the organization will look at it that way and want to hold onto him. 

9 hours ago, Mat said:

Am I the only one that th ought Shurmur is a little stiff to get fired? Most thought Jones was a reach and a bad pick and he had him looking pretty good in his offense.

Add in the defensive side of the ball is awful. I'd probably give him another season unless I knew I was 100% getting Ron Rivera (which they aren't). 

I’m fine with them letting Shurmur go. His offensive scheme is just not creative enough, especially when you consider the fact that the Giants have good skill players on offense. Granted they never all played together due to injury, but teams have done more with less (see Eagles). 

37 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m fine with them letting Shurmur go. His offensive scheme is just not creative enough, especially when you consider the fact that the Giants have good skill players on offense. Granted they never all played together due to injury, but teams have done more with less (see Eagles). 

What do you think of Mike Groh?

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Fixed... :angel:

lol I'd get a kick out of that. But honestly Chip might be incredibly motivated and renewed by the opportunity with the Giants.

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Where do you get these theories??

From my experiences.  That's the kind of thing that isn't said publicly but if Williams became an HC "bountygate" would come up and it would not be something the NFL wants to relive. 

26 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

lol I'd get a kick out of that. But honestly Chip might be incredibly motivated and renewed by the opportunity with the Giants.

Chip would get Jones killed so sure. 

Chip is NOT leaving UCLA.  What few realize is he had an uphill battle as he has basically had to rebuild there from scratch with almost all freshman and sophomores the past two seasons.  It's going to take at least another year or two before Chip has the program in better shape because of how bad a mess it was when he got there.  

5 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Chip is NOT leaving UCLA.  What few realize is he had an uphill battle as he has basically had to rebuild there from scratch with almost all freshman and sophomores the past two seasons.  It's going to take at least another year or two before Chip has the program in better shape because of how bad a mess it was when he got there.  

You actually see UCLA prospering under Chip? And you think the boosters will give him that much time?

24 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

From my experiences.  That's the kind of thing that isn't said publicly but if Williams became an HC "bountygate" would come up and it would not be something the NFL wants to relive. 

I don’t recall it being an issue when he was named interim. If the NFL is that worried, they could have just banned Williams when that all came to light. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t recall it being an issue when he was named interim. If the NFL is that worried, they could have just banned Williams when that all came to light. 

Big difference with being an assistant and being the front man.

12 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

You actually see UCLA prospering under Chip? And you think the boosters will give him that much time?

Boosters are well aware of the mess Chip inherited.  They are already on the right track and as long as they move forward they will do fine.

They also know what Chip did at Oregon with far less talent. 

Put it this way, if UCLA had fired Chip, I think USC fires their HC and Chip just moves across town.