2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've been to the Eiffel Tower... well, sort of.

Replique-USA-WV-Dominion.thumb.jpg.754c3734562a360594ef2eb5ca5a282e.jpg

I forgot about that one! 😀

On 6/11/2019 at 3:56 PM, MalFr said:

Hi All,

For many, many years i've been an avid Eagles fan, following them from where-ever i've been living at the time - whether that's the UK, Japan, Germany, or now France.
Now though the end of my wait to see them play is getting closer, as finally i'll be at the Linc for the season opener for the game against Washington.
Not only will it be my first Eagles game (couldn't get tickets in London last season) but my first regular season NFL game too. And i can't wait 🙂

Does anyone have any advice for a non-US game day noob, especially about some of the points below?

The Game is at 1pm - lunch time. I've read that eating/drinking at the Linc isn't often a great plan, so what are the better ways to make sure you don't get hungry/thirsty?

Tailgating. We really want to experience it, but how does it work if we know no-one in town? I've been offered tickets to a commercial tailgate, but i'm not sure if its going to be a good thing or not.

We'll be on the shady side. Early afternoon in September - not going to be too chilly is it? Or will we be in sun for the early part of the afternoon?

Is it worth taking a camera (dslr)? Or from a security/safety point of view will it cause more problems than it's worth (just leave it in the hotel)?

The clear bag policy seems...clear. Any other tips of what to/not bring not already included on the website?

Apart from skipping food inside the Linc, not standing up and getting a clear bag what else should we avoid doing? Or what must we do?

Cheers,

Mal

I'll be updating this game guide after the Ravens preseason game next week, but most of the info is the same. A couple insider tips I'll be adding, that someone like you who may only be here once should know:

• The Lombardi Trophy is usually on display on game days, but it's tucked away in the back corner of the Headhouse Plaza and many fans don't even notice. At the Titans game last week I never saw more than 3 or 4 people notice it at a time, for the 20 minutes or so I was near there. To find it, go to the big Miller Lite tent that's on the right side (if you're facing the stadium) of the Headhouse Plaza. While facing that tent, the trophy in on display all the way to the left. 
  • In the stadium, find section M12. You can get there by going up steps (or the ramps) from the lower level. Right on the concourse behind that section are two cool things to get your picture taken in front of: A huge (30-foot?) Lombardi Trophy and a Super Bowl XII display, both from the Super Bowl festivities in Minnesota. The "Philly Philly" statue in the Headhouse Plaza is very popular, and a must-do for a pic, but these two other photo ops are cool, as well.

Dear Philly,

Yes, all of you. I'd like to thank you for a simply fantastic 1st game experience. 
The warmth, friendliness, help and generosity we received really made our day. From the guys at a concession stand that couldn't believe we'd come for our first game to all around us in sec105 with whom we talked, laughed, commiserated (at 17-0) and just had a great time. And the whole stadium who generated such an electric atmosphere. You all made us feel like we'd been friends for years.

You guys really are the best. One day i hope to be able to repay that in some way.

For anyone else coming to their first game in the future, I'd like to offer the following NOOB comments from our experience:
We got to the end of the security line at 12:15. We got to our seats towards the end of the player introductions so allow at least an hour if you want to catch it all..
If you do take a clear bag through security then they will ask YOU to go through everything while they watch: Open glasses cases, shake out t-shirts. It adds time.
Sounds crazy but warm up your voice before the game starts. I still wait to get back my voice back several days after the game ended.
The Lombardi replica apparently has now been moved to the locker room :(
The Pro shop doesn't open until 11am, even on game days. Go after the game and while busy its not too bad.
There seems to be no good time to go to the restroom or get food/drink etc. You will have to wait whenever you go.
You don't need to learn "fly eagles, fly" in advance - they scroll the words on the advertising hoardings :)
If you really want to follow the game you need to concentrate. There's no rewind or pause when someone walks past or your eye is momentarily caught by something else in the stadium.
We got to the NRG septa station about 45 mins after the game ended. There was no line, no delay, no crowds. just straight on an uncrowded train and away. Unless you have an urgent reason to leave after the game, don't rush to the station.

Now i have to work out how to get back here again to get another game.
How cold is Philly at the end of January? :)

Go Birds.

Mal