Sign in to follow this  
Bacarty2

Top 5 non eagles games to watch this year

Saints vs rams - week 2. Obviously.

Chiefs Patriots week 14.  Gotta assume home field relies on this game

Tennessee at Jags Thursday night week 3. Foles should be settled in, and I know its against the rules on this site but I want to see Foles with the AFC trash.. I mean Afc south. 

Browns vs steelers  Thursday night. Lord knows what each team is gonna look like but man that seems like a fun Thursday night game

5) Thanksgiving. it doesn't matter who, or why, but I plop my fat a** down for the kickoff of the first game and don't move till the final whistle of the last game. An unspoken bond I have with my family that I cook, clean, smoke, every holiday and enjoy it EXCEPT thanksgiving. That's my day. 

Honerable mention... week 1, game 1, bears vs packers. First game of the year, good inter division matchup. Could be a telling game for both teams. 

In recent years, I haven't watched a lot of non-Eagles games with great interest unless they were NFC East games, or games that affected the Eagles playoff positioning. I just can't get into Browns-Bengals or Patriots-Bills, or games of that sort.

I might watch the Chiefs with a little interest, only because of Andy, or now the Jags because of Nick. But the odd random game between other teams that don't affect the Eagles (in obvious ways), I might have on the TV but only as background noise as I post about how great the Eagles latest victory was.

34 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

In recent years, I haven't watched a lot of non-Eagles games with great interest unless they were NFC East games, or games that affected the Eagles playoff positioning. I just can't get into Browns-Bengals or Patriots-Bills, or games of that sort.

I might watch the Chiefs with a little interest, only because of Andy, or now the Jags because of Nick. But the odd random game between other teams that don't affect the Eagles (in obvious ways), I might have on the TV but only as background noise as I post about how great the Eagles latest victory was.

O, trust me theres a lot more bad games then good games. 

Bills jets happens twice a year.

anyone who the Ravens play this year. 

But theres still usually a game a week, outside the eagles where I say, ok this games gonna be exciting. or this game is gonna have some hard hits. 

Thanksgiving games I don't really watch too much at all. 

For the first game, I am driving to my destination during the first half, so I may catch a bit of the second half.  Second game it's dinner time, dessert time, cleanup time, family time, so I may catch a bit of the 3rd quarter.  Drive home sometime in the 4th quarter.  The 3rd game, I am so tired I just don't care. LOL. Had too much food and need to go to work the next day, so early to bed.

Similar to @VaBeach_Eagle, I have other games on largely as background noise. Especially Thursday night and Monday night games. Sunday nights are largely like that too, though Sunday night lineups usually look good on paper at least. 

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

For the first game, I am driving to my destination during the first half, so I may catch a bit of the second half.  Second game it's dinner time, dessert time, cleanup time, family time, so I may catch a bit of the 3rd quarter.  Drive home sometime in the 4th quarter.  The 3rd game, I am so tired I just don't care. LOL. Had too much food and need to go to work the next, day so early to bed.

Thankfully my other half's family understands, and actually is used to it. Her brother is a high school football coach so he plays his rival game the night before, and he and his dad just sit, get waited on, and watch football all day. I did it before I met them, it just made the transition easier. 

With that being said, I usually cook for 10-14 people every Christmas eve. 4th of July is coming up and I'll be up at 3am to fire up my smoker and i'll basically man the grills from noon till 7ish. (getting handed beers of course). 

New years day... this guy again, smoking corned beef and cabbage. 

Theres a ton more im missing so the families know, I'll probably show up early to the party so I can watch the game from the beginning and don't expect much out of me on thanksgiving

47 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Similar to @VaBeach_Eagle, I have other games on largely as background noise. Especially Thursday night and Monday night games. Sunday nights are largely like that too, though Sunday night lineups usually look good on paper at least. 

Trust me, theres a ton of games like that. Usually a Ravens game at 1pm vs someone poopy. No other options, throw it on while I do house stuff or get ready for the birds game at 4. All those years before red zone and the nfl package give me PTSD. Remember only having a bad jets team or a bad redskins team playing someone equally as bad at 1pm while blocking everything else cause the eagles on at 4

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

For the first game, I am driving to my destination during the first half, so I may catch a bit of the second half.  Second game it's dinner time, dessert time, cleanup time, family time, so I may catch a bit of the 3rd quarter.  Drive home sometime in the 4th quarter.  The 3rd game, I am so tired I just don't care. LOL. Had too much food and need to go to work the next, day so early to bed.

I'm in a similar situation but it sounds like I can watch a little more football than you. That late night game I'm usually falling asleep by like 8 or 9 so most times I don't even watch. That's why I hate when the Eagles play on Thanksgiving. There's too many things going on and my mood is tied in whether they win or not. 2014 I was on cloud 9 and 2015 I was efen pissed the whole rest of the day. :lol:

The football product has deteriorated to the point that I only watch the Eagles. I won't even watch the Superbowl anymore if the Eagles aren't in it.

AFC NORTH

Ravens may finally stop being one of the most bland teams in the NFL, so perhaps i'll tune in for a game or two for them.

The Browns are intriguing so i'll watch them.

The Steelers and Bengals will mainly be interesting because of the turnover with those teams.

AFC EAST

Almost no interest in any of the teams, but I have family here who are loyal Bills fans and I sorta root for them.

AFC SOUTH

Jags with Nick Foles

Slight interest in the Colts with Frank Reich.

Texans and Titans, no interest.

AFC WEST

Pretty much all the teams are interesting, with the exception of the Broncos. Never liked the Broncos and can't stand Elway.

NFC

Just about all the teams in the NFC interest me, but watching the Skins is like watching paint dry.

I will watch some Browns games this year. And Jags.

I have always kinda liked the Dolphins and Chargers too. I think it was a uniform thing for me growing up. LOL. The rest of the AFC can suck it. Especially since none of them can beat NE.

14 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

AFC NORTH

Ravens may finally stop being one of the most bland teams in the NFL, so perhaps i'll tune in for a game or two for them.

Ive never disagreed with a statement more than this one. They're bringing in special advisors to teach the wing T and flexbone offense.  We may see 45-50 runs a game out of them. Lamar Jackson is RG3 2.0. Either needs a wide open 8 yard pass where the receiver got open from trickery and play action or its not a completed pass. 

NO THANKS

I rarely ever watch AFC vs AFC games.  I think it has more to do with CBS's coverage then the games themselves.  

8 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Ive never disagreed with a statement more than this one. They're bringing in special advisors to teach the wing T and flexbone offense.  We may see 45-50 runs a game out of them. Lamar Jackson is RG3 2.0. Either needs a wide open 8 yard pass where the receiver got open from trickery and play action or its not a completed pass. 

NO THANKS

So you think the Ravens will be as bland, or actually worse?

Any of the games that are nearly as important to the Eagles as Eagles games.

Cowboys - Rams

Cowboys - Saints

Saints - Rams

Packers - Cowboys

Bears - Cowboys

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, Bacarty2 said:

Saints vs rams - week 2. Obviously.

Chiefs Patriots week 14.  Gotta assume home field relies on this game

Tennessee at Jags Thursday night week 3. Foles should be settled in, and I know its against the rules on this site but I want to see Foles with the AFC trash.. I mean Afc south. 

Browns vs steelers  Thursday night. Lord knows what each team is gonna look like but man that seems like a fun Thursday night game

5) Thanksgiving. it doesn't matter who, or why, but I plop my fat a** down for the kickoff of the first game and don't move till the final whistle of the last game. An unspoken bond I have with my family that I cook, clean, smoke, every holiday and enjoy it EXCEPT thanksgiving. That's my day. 

Honerable mention... week 1, game 1, bears vs packers. First game of the year, good inter division matchup. Could be a telling game for both teams. 

Week 1 opening game of the season, Bears vs Packers, NFL's 100th anniversary, doesn't get much better than that.

17 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

So you think the Ravens will be as bland, or actually worse?

I do. They changed their offense to a power run game and brought in college coaches as advisors to run the Wing T and flex bone 

google power running and ravens. tons of articles lol. 

They may run the ball 40-45 times NO THANKS