Sign in to follow this  
Captain F

Daks Agent wants $34m per year

Per PFT. Which added into his current contract puts the entire contract average at 5 years, $138m. An average of $27.6m per year.  

Do it Jerry .. doit.

They are still working on it. Dallas hasn’t over paid in years since Stephen took over. Dak deserves to get paid and he will. How much who knows? Dallas has a ton of young talent to sign but not all will make it. I’m just happy that they continue to draft really well to fill the players that will be lost  

no QB in this league is more scrutinized then Dak. Swap him and Wentz and the media would be loving Dak and praising Philly for their drafting genius picks and bad mouthing Wentz for having one great year in three but can’t keep himself off the injury list. 

Both guys have really good teams and should be a fun year of football. 

1 hour ago, gch said:

They are still working on it. Dallas hasn’t over paid in years since Stephen took over. Dak deserves to get paid and he will. How much who knows? Dallas has a ton of young talent to sign but not all will make it. I’m just happy that they continue to draft really well to fill the players that will be lost  

no QB in this league is more scrutinized then Dak. Swap him and Wentz and the media would be loving Dak and praising Philly for their drafting genius picks and bad mouthing Wentz for having one great year in three but can’t keep himself off the injury list. 

If I'm Cowboys, I'd tell that agent to go to h***. He's not worth it. I would keep Elliot and Cooper. Dak is replaceable. 

8 hours ago, gch said:

Maybe in opposite world.I guarantee if Dakota was on the Eagles in 2016 he wouldn't have been offensive rookie of the year and if Wentz was on the Cowboys in 2017 he would be hailed as the next Roger Staubach by every talking head on the NFL Network.

11 hours ago, gch said:

They are still working on it. Dallas hasn’t over paid in years since Stephen took over. 

Remind me.  Are you guys still paying for Romo? 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes Dak that's the attitude. Screw your team with a heavy cap hit whilst you're not actually even that good. 

I read this week that Wentz is the 4th highest paid player in the NFL. You can’t believe that he has earned that kind of money?

1 hour ago, gch said:

I read this week that Wentz is the 4th highest paid player in the NFL. You can’t believe that he has earned that kind of money?

Without him,  we don't win the Superbowl.  He was the driving force behind that team for most of the season. 

1 hour ago, gch said:

You can’t believe that he has earned that kind of money?

While he didn't play in the post-season, he pre-paid the check that got us there:

14 hours ago, gch said:

LMAO, get over yourself.  Dak isn't catching half the flak Mcnabb got here and they are off to very similar starts.

2 hours ago, gch said:

No but the market keeps moving. Dak isn't worth what Wentz is. 

6 hours ago, gch said:

Well someone paid it to him. Obviously that is his worth. 

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

LMAO, get over yourself.  Dak isn't catching half the flak Mcnabb got here and they are off to very similar starts.

McNabb got his from Philly fans. 

Dak gets his from the entire league. I will say that when Dallas  is playing well that the media over sells that big time. 

As for Wentz yes he had a great year in 2017. Last year Eagles don’t make the playoffs with him not getting hurt. I know he had a back injury but please most NFL QB’s play with injuries all the time. One thing that i noticed is how the team changed their level of play when Foles came in. After the season is when unknown players came out against Wentz. 

55 minutes ago, gch said:

Dak gets his from the entire league. I will say that when Dallas  is playing well that the media over sells that big time. 

As for Wentz yes he had a great year in 2017. Last year Eagles don’t make the playoffs with him not getting hurt. I know he had a back injury but please most NFL QB’s play with injuries all the time. One thing that i noticed is how the team changed their level of play when Foles came in. After the season is when unknown players came out against Wentz. 

If Dak missed the season last year the Cowboys still would have made the playoffs.

Can someone remind me how many playoff wins Wentz has?  If the article I read was correct it stated Wentz has missed 21 regular and post season games in 4 years.  I would worry a lot less about how much money Dallas pays Dak and start praying to whatever God  you believe in that you get another full season out of the golden boy before his new deal expires.

4 hours ago, gch said:

Not making excuses for Wentz but he was coming off a major knee injury in 2018.  Missing all that time in the summer practicing hurt him some but just playing on that knee takes some getting used to.  You can see he didn't have the same movement or ability to escape he had in 2017.  He still put up some good numbers.  They started playing better with Foles because Nick took more shorter throws (which there is no problem with) and they also ran the ball more.  Foles numbers weren't really that good but they won and won a playoff game.

Going into 2019 Wentz is healthy and has been practicing and working with his WR's.  So there is no reason for him to struggle.

Wentz has signed a very good contract it appears, but will likely soon not be paid at the elite level relative to other top tier QBs.. If that was his intent, I think he is being very wise. If you hold out for the best possible contract, then you are going to be under a lot of extra pressure game in, game out, to prove it. Both Dak and Carson should be very happy with what was or is now being offered. Getting too greedy isn't going to play out well for either of them, IMHO. And it appears that soon it will be clear that Carson has accepted a very reasonable yet lucrative offer. I would recommend that Dak do the same.

P.S. it appears to me that the Eagles now have as much over-all team talent as do the Cowboys. This 2019 season should allow for an apples to apples comparison, in which case it should be easier to rate each QB on a relative scale. In recent prior years I think the Eagles have simply been somewhat of over-achievers. Dallas has had the better over-all team talent. A lot of the recent success or not has been due to the coaching staff. Doug Peterson isn't getting enough credit in all of this QB rating chatter. Carson is lucky to be on the Eagles rather than most any other NFL team. My guess - the Cowboys, especially Dak, will be under a LOT of pressure this season to be as good as the Eagles. But that is not going to happen. The Eagles will clearly overtake the Cowboys in 2019.

2 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Can someone remind me how many playoff wins Wentz has?  If the article I read was correct it stated Wentz has missed 21 regular and post season games in 4 years.  I would worry a lot less about how much money Dallas pays Dak and start praying to whatever God  you believe in that you get another full season out of the golden boy before his new deal expires.

1 less than Preacott. Also has 2 less losses.

It's the around the NFL part of the message board. This is where we talk about other teams. 

And I hope that 21 games was a typo for 12.  If not find a new source for your stats.