Captain F

Daks Agent wants $34m per year

3 hours ago, boogyman said:

How does holding out of camp (in about a week losing a year of service) and then showing up help him at all? I bet the Cowboys hope he does that. 

Losing a year of service?  Clarify please.

8 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I am fairly certain he loses a year towards becoming a free agent if he does not report by the 6th. "Year accrued" would have been better working on my part.

If he is willing to do that I dont see why he would be unwilling to miss games as well.

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

I am fairly certain he loses a year towards becoming a free agent if he does not report by the 6th. "Year accrued" would have been better working on my part.

If he is willing to do that I dont see why he would be unwilling to miss games as well.

I read up on it and you are for the most correct.  To be eligible for FA he needs to have 4 full years and that includes 30 days of camp for the year to be eligible.  It means he can hold out of camp either this year or next, but not both.  So yeah, unless he is going balls to the wall, he should save that for next year.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I read up on it and you are for the most correct.  To be eligible for FA he needs to have 4 full years and that includes 30 days of camp for the year to be eligible.  It means he can hold out of camp either this year or next, but not both.  So yeah, unless he is going balls to the wall, he should save that for next year.

I see. Maybe he goes all in this season. Seems silly though. Players have like no advantages in these situations anymore if the team decides to play hardball.

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

I see. Maybe he goes all in this season. Seems silly though. Players have like no advantages in these situations anymore if the team decides to play hardball.

I dunno, it's an interesting dynamic because Zeke (correctly) figures that the Cowboys cannot make him, Cooper and Dak the highest paid at their positions at the same time.  The Cowboys have a SB favorite roster with him and a wild card roster without him.  Say what you want about Zeke but he is one of the most intelligent players in the league. 

14 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

Just to add to this: