Captain F

Daks Agent wants $34m per year

8 hours ago, skippyx said:

Does anyone remember when Doug left as backup QB in 2000 and some idiot in The Sporting News wrote an article about how Eagles fans would rue the day that Doug Pederson left Philly? What a classic fail, like the idiot who wrote that the Patriots will regret hiring Belichick.

lmao I'd love to see the article

39 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

lmao I'd love to see the article

Me too. I don’t recall that claim. 

‘’By the time you read this’’ is probably the only thing ever written in an article that I’ll remember forever. 

Eagles add star-caliber center Bentley
Saturday, March 11, 2006
By MARK ECKEL
Staff Writer

PHILADELPHIA -- By the time you read this, Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley already will be an Eagle.

Bentley, who went to the Pro Bowl last season as a member of the New Orleans Saints, agreed to a mega-deal with the Eagles before free agency began at 12:01 a.m., according to a source close to the situation.

A key member of another team, which also was interested in Bentley, said the Eagles had a deal in place with the center for close to a week, and waited through the several delays to the start of free agency.

The league and the players union agreed to put off the start of free agency for a total of eight days as a new collective bargaining agreement was finalized.

All the terms of Bentley's deal are not known, but according to the source he will earn a guaranteed $17.5 million over the first three years of the contract. More than half of that money will come in either a signing bonus, a roster bonus or a combination of both.

Bentley, a 2002 second-round pick (No. 44 overall) of New Orleans, just completed a four-year deal with the Saints that paid him a total of just around $3 million and included a $1.55 million signing bonus.

The 6-foot-2, 313-pound Cleveland native out of Ohio State played in -- and started -- 14 games as a rookie, missed three games his second year with a knee injury, and two games last year with a leg injury.

He was named to the Pro Bowl as a guard after the 2003 season, but did not go because of the knee injury and was replaced on the NFC roster by Steve Hutchinson of Seattle. Last year he was named to the Pro Bowl as a center.

The Eagles are expected to play Bentley at center, letting veteran Hank Fraley and Jamaal Jackson compete for the backup job. Jackson, who played well late last season, could be moved to guard or tackle, where he played at Delaware State.

Looks like the article itself is no longer on nj.com

19 hours ago, paco said:

From page 2

That's the winning attitude :lol: 

lol Yeah, I was on page 5 around the time you posted this, then a huge storm knocked the power out an it didn't come back on until about 4 am. I'll have to go back and finish the thread later today.

15 hours ago, skippyx said:

I had way to much fun pulling up the Foles hate from overly aggressive fools like A.H.

I love that you can go back years in the archives.

Everyone is wrong sometimes but to so passionately hate a player like Foles was just pathetic.

Yeah, I loved doing that too. The only problem with the archive is that the boards database gets so large, that the Admins eventually go in and delete years worth of posts. It's for that reason that I asked that the Super Bowl LII thread be preserved for all time, it wound up getting pinned in 411 (I assume to preserve it from eventual deletion)

As a Cowboys fan I was scared when Philly signed Chip Kelly. All the talk about how the NFL would be changed forever. Every team would be years behind Kelly trying to figure out his system. 

When that blew up and Philly got Peterson, I really didn’t know anything about him other then the Eagles fans base were not very happy so I was like ok no problem. Well he has obviously turned into a very good coach and maybe even a great coach some day. 

Just not sure I have that feeling about Garrett and that’s not a good thing. I love Dallas team and I believe Dak could be an elite QB in the league. Time will tell  

3 hours ago, gch said:

As a Cowboys fan I was scared when Philly signed Chip Kelly. All the talk about how the NFL would be changed forever. Every team would be years behind Kelly trying to figure out his system. 

When that blew up and Philly got Peterson, I really didn’t know anything about him other then the Eagles fans base were not very happy so I was like ok no problem. Well he has obviously turned into a very good coach and maybe even a great coach some day. 

Just not sure I have that feeling about Garrett and that’s not a good thing. I love Dallas team and I believe Dak could be an elite QB in the league. Time will tell  

I might have been in minority, but I was skeptical of Chip Kelly hire. I thought Gus Bradley would have been better. I didn't think it would be a good hire. I thought he would ruin team in some way, and I was right. If Chip had another year or got his way with trading for M. Mariota, he might have actually ruined this team. My feelings were spot on after that Thanksgiving game against Cowboys. After that game, this team went downhill up to Chip Kelly firing. When Eagles hired Pederson, I didn't get vibe that he would ruin this team. I thought he would be another Andy Reid. I was like wait and see what happens. He couldn't possibly be worse than Chip. Would you be okay with giving Dak $34M/year to find out? From https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/:

Player Team Age Total 
Value
Avg./Year Total 
Guaranteed
Fully 
Guaranteed
Free 
Agency
Russell Wilson Seahawks 31 $140,000,000 $35,000,000 $107,000,000 $70,000,000 2024 UFA
Ben Roethlisberger Steelers 37 $68,000,000 $34,000,000 $50,000,000 $37,500,000 2022 UFA
Aaron Rodgers Packers 36 $134,000,000 $33,500,000 $98,200,000 $78,700,000 2024 UFA
Carson Wentz Eagles 27 $128,000,000 $32,000,000 $107,000,000 $66,000,000 2025 UFA
Matt Ryan Falcons 34 $150,000,000 $30,000,000 $100,000,000 $94,500,000 2024 UFA
Kirk Cousins Vikings 31 $84,000,000 $28,000,000 $84,000,000 $84,000,000 2021 UFA
Jimmy Garoppolo 49ers 28 $137,500,000 $27,500,000 $74,100,000 $48,700,000 2023 UFA
Matt Stafford Lions 31 $135,000,000 $27,000,000 $92,000,000 $60,500,000 2023 UFA
Derek Carr Raiders 28 $125,025,000 $25,005,000 $70,200,000 $40,000,000 2023 UFA

After looking at (and showing them) that, I would tell Dak and agent that he's better than Cousins, Garopollo, Stafford and Carr, but he's not quite better than Ryan, Wentz, and Rodgers. Based on that, I'd offer him 4 years, $116M, $87M Guaranteed ($29M/year)- take it or leave it. If he doesn't take it, I would put transition tag on him.

2 hours ago, gch said:

I knew that the league would figure Kelly out. I didn't know how long it would take, but I didn't expect it to take long. At best, a full season so that by year 2, nothing he did would 'work' like it had in year 1. I was off a little in that 'at best' thought. It took about a half of the first game. The 1st half of the Redskins game (in 2013), was awesome. The second half, not quite as awesome. There were still games where things worked well, but little by little, DC's across the schedule were adapting. So much so that by year 3, before the snap, defenses were calling out what the Eagles offense was running. Some were calling it a 'high school' offense, if I remember correctly.

With Doug, as I said in the 'Official' hire thread, I was curious to see how he'd be as a HC. I knew that we'd move back to more of a WCO but would it be a clone of Andy's WCO or would Doug have his own slant on it?

With Garrett, he's been the Cowboys coach for what, 9 years now? It's known what he is and he is what he is. Looking at his record, in full seasons, he's had 4 seasons over .500 and 4 seasons at or below .500. Throw in his first season as HC, which was half a season and he has 5 seasons over .500 (though the team was .500 that season). He's almost in Marvin Lewis territory, though a tad better. Lewis went to the playoffs 3 times and never won (in his first 9 years). Garrett has gone to the playoffs 3 times and won 2 games in those 3 trips.

How long will the Cowboys (both the franchise and the fanbase), be patient with Garrett's mediocrity?  Not that I'm complaining or in a hurry for them to get a better coach but as an outside observer, if I step outside of my fandom for a minute, I just have to wonder why the team hasn't moved on yet and why the fanbase hasn't been rioting for that move to take place.

Why is Jones so dead set on keeping Garrett?

2 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

I might have been in minority, but I was skeptical of Chip Kelly hire. I thought Gus Bradley would have been better. I didn't think it would be a good hire. I thought he would ruin team in some way, and I was right. If Chip had another year or got his way with trading for M. Mariota, he might have actually ruined this team. My feelings were spot on after that Thanksgiving game against Cowboys. After that game, this team went downhill up to Chip Kelly firing. When Eagles hired Pederson, I didn't get vibe that he would ruin this team. I thought he would be another Andy Reid. I was like wait and see what happens. He couldn't possibly be worse than Chip. Would you be okay with giving Dak $34M/year to find out? From https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/:

Player Team Age Total 
Value
Avg./Year Total 
Guaranteed
Fully 
Guaranteed
Free 
Agency
Russell Wilson Seahawks 31 $140,000,000 $35,000,000 $107,000,000 $70,000,000 2024 UFA
Ben Roethlisberger Steelers 37 $68,000,000 $34,000,000 $50,000,000 $37,500,000 2022 UFA
Aaron Rodgers Packers 36 $134,000,000 $33,500,000 $98,200,000 $78,700,000 2024 UFA
Carson Wentz Eagles 27 $128,000,000 $32,000,000 $107,000,000 $66,000,000 2025 UFA
Matt Ryan Falcons 34 $150,000,000 $30,000,000 $100,000,000 $94,500,000 2024 UFA
Kirk Cousins Vikings 31 $84,000,000 $28,000,000 $84,000,000 $84,000,000 2021 UFA
Jimmy Garoppolo 49ers 28 $137,500,000 $27,500,000 $74,100,000 $48,700,000 2023 UFA
Matt Stafford Lions 31 $135,000,000 $27,000,000 $92,000,000 $60,500,000 2023 UFA
Derek Carr Raiders 28 $125,025,000 $25,005,000 $70,200,000 $40,000,000 2023 UFA

After looking at (and showing them) that, I would tell Dak and agent that he's better than Cousins, Garopollo, Stafford and Carr, but he's not quite better than Ryan, Wentz, and Rodgers. Based on that, I'd offer him 4 years, $116M, $87M Guaranteed( $29M/year)- take it or leave it. If he doesn't take it, I would put transition tag on him.

What choice to they have? QB like Brady & Rodgers don’t grow in trees. You saw what Philly gave up to get Wentz. Dak is best when the game is on the line. Last years philly game he never gave up the ball in OT to win. That last throw was off his back foot and scary though.

Besides you don’t even know if Wentz is an elite QB?

Dallas has such a young talented team right now so they don’t want to franchised him. 

Dak is a really good leader, team mates like him, and is pretty darn tough for all the sacks he takes. He makes bad throws at times and is not real accurate. 

One thing he is though is clutch when you have to play your best. 

I think they have to workout a deal but who knows what it will be.  It would take a few years to start over. 

53 minutes ago, gch said:

What choice to they have? QBs like Brady & Rodgers don’t grow in trees. You saw what Philly gave up to get Wentz. Dak is best when the game is on the line. Last years philly game he never gave up the ball in OT to win. That last throw was off his back foot and scary though.

Besides you don’t even know if Wentz is an elite QB?

Cowboys have choice to not pay Dak. I don't think he will be worth it. I think Wentz is worth what he got.

45 minutes ago, gch said:

Dallas has such a young talented team right now so they don’t want to franchised him. 

Dak is a really good leader, team mates like him, and is pretty darn tough for all the sacks he takes. He makes bad throws at times and is not real accurate. 

I think they have to workout a deal but who knows what it will be.  It would take a few years to start over. 

And watch that talent evaporate with contract Dak and his agent want. He's no A. Rodgers. When Elliot got suspended he was mediocre and struggling. He wasn't so good before A. Cooper came along. With that contract, how can they pay for Elliot, Cooper, and others. Look at what happened with Lions and Vikings. With transition tag, they can either match offer another team would give him or get good compensation for him. 

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Cowboys have choice to not pay Dak. I don't think he will be worth it. I think Wentz is worth what he got.

And watch that talent evaporate with contract Dak and his agent want. He's no A. Rodgers. When Elliot got suspended he was mediocre and struggling. He wasn't so good before A. Cooper came along. With that contract, how can they pay for Elliot, Cooper, and others. Look at what happened with Lions and Vikings. With transition tag, they can either match offer another team would give him or get good compensation for him. 

They are not going to transition tag him.  They are not going to let him walk.  They are going to pay him.  Then they will pay Cooper and Zeke.  Do a little research and look how much money Dallas is projected to have under the projected cap in the next few years.  They have been fairly smart the last few years and we build through the draft and have stayed away from the big free agent contracts. Dallas will be fine. They will lose some good players, but the core of this team will be kept.

Love fans of a team Dak is 4-1 against in games that matter acting like he’s a scrub.

today the 34m per year for Dak is overpayment ....ish the 33 or whatever Wentz got is...the eagles were smart to sign Wentz first and the longer teams like Dallas, KC, Chicago wait, the worse it will get...but assuming Dallas caves and gives Dak 34m...after all these other qb’s sign their deals over the next 3-4 years that deal and Wentz deal won’t be overpayment...they won’t even be top 5 an salaries 

19 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

They are not going to transition tag him.  They are not going to let him walk.  They are going to pay him.  Then they will pay Cooper and Zeke.  Do a little research and look how much money Dallas is projected to have under the projected cap in the next few years.  They have been fairly smart the last few years and we build through the draft and have stayed away from the big free agent contracts. Dallas will be fine. They will lose some good players, but the core of this team will be kept.

Preach....20 years in and so many people don’t understand how the cap works....

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, paco said:

From page 2

That's the winning attitude :lol: 

After the Philly Special:

That's a real coach! Not like our village idiot.

lol

There is a Cowboys fan on Football Futures boards who is obsessed with thinking he solved football with ANY/A 

• Adjusted Net Yards per Pass Attempt

He thinks it is the key to winning AND he pretends that Dak is good at it.

• He thinks Zeke and their running game is just along to watch the Dak Show

Here was my response:

We all know who the 49ers QB from 2012 - 2016 was

Their ANY/A in those 4 years was:

• 6th (Smith / SJW)
  • 7th (SJW)
  • 24th (SJW)
  • 28th (SJW / Gabbert)
  • 24th (SJW / Gabbert)

A fool would point to the 6th and 7th rankings in 2012-2013 and give him a huge contract

• The superior team carried him

Its a lot like a team that plays in Texas with the same QB in 2016, 2017, and 2018 ranking

• 3rd
  • 16th
  • 17th

Please pay the guy 34 million a year!

2 hours ago, skippyx said:

There is a Cowboys fan on Football Futures boards who is obsessed with thinking he solved football with ANY/A 

• Adjusted Net Yards per Pass Attempt

He thinks it is the key to winning AND he pretends that Dak is good at it.

• He thinks Zeke and their running game is just along to watch the Dak Show

Here was my response:

We all know who the 49ers QB from 2012 - 2016 was

Their ANY/A in those 4 years was:

• 6th (Smith / SJW)
  • 7th (SJW)
  • 24th (SJW)
  • 28th (SJW / Gabbert)
  • 24th (SJW / Gabbert)

A fool would point to the 6th and 7th rankings in 2012-2013 and give him a huge contract

• The superior team carried him

Its a lot like a team that plays in Texas with the same QB in 2016, 2017, and 2018 ranking

• 3rd
  • 16th
  • 17th

Please pay the guy 34 million a year!

If he thinks zeke and the running game are along for the ride, he’s on crack and you are wasting your time arguing with the village idiot.

that said, though in my mind Dak is worth the 2nd tier 29-31m per year that maybe Dalllas could have done had they been  a little more aggressive ...the market dictares he’ll get 32-24m...and Dallas would be dumb not to give it to him...either overpay a few mil a year or start over with a QB search?

i’d overpay Because the truth is teams can get out of these deals in 2-3 years if they need too anyway.

also, game on the line and I trust Dak more than a vast majority of qb’s in the nfl...that’s worth a few mill

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

If he thinks zeke and the running game are along for the ride, he’s on crack and you are wasting your time arguing with the village idiot.

that said, though in my mind Dak is worth the 2nd tier 29-31m per year that maybe Dalllas could have done had they been  a little more aggressive ...the market dictares he’ll get 32-24m...and Dallas would be dumb not to give it to him...either overpay a few mil a year or start over with a QB search?

i’d overpay Because the truth is teams can get out of these deals in 2-3 years if they need too anyway.

also, game on the line and I trust Dak more than a vast majority of qb’s in the nfl...that’s worth a few mill

You are wasting your time with some of these people here.  Although it is entertaining to read some of their rants.

4 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

You are wasting your time with some of these people here.  Although it is entertaining to read some of their rants.

Yeah...I know...I was just bored and itching for football.

to me Dak is worth the money because without looking Dak was like 4 out of 5 or 5-6 on GW drive opportunities last year and the one he failed in he got them in positing for a 45 yard fg the kicker missed.

his efficiency in game winning drives is actually pretty amazing over his careeer. People say "well if he played better they wouldn’t be in that position. But the problem is the let the air out of the ball attack they have...lends itself to a lot of close games.

wentz is the better passer,no doubt...but close game in the 4th, give me Dak, and I can trust Dak to be there late in the year, and he’s actually proven that he can play well and raise his level of play in the playoffs, which Wentz, through no fault of his own hasn’t...for those reason Dak is  worth every penny Wentz is 

On 6/21/2019 at 7:26 PM, gch said:

4 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Yeah...I know...I was just bored and itching for football.

to me Dak is worth the money because without looking Dak was like 4 out of 5 or 5-6 on GW drive opportunities last year and the one he failed in he got them in positing for a 45 yard fg the kicker missed.

his efficiency in game winning drives is actually pretty amazing over his careeer. People say "well if he played better they wouldn’t be in that position. But the problem is the let the air out of the ball attack they have...lends itself to a lot of close games.

wentz is the better passer,no doubt...but close game in the 4th, give me Dak, and I can trust Dak to be there late in the year, and he’s actually proven that he can play well and raise his level of play in the playoffs, which Wentz, through no fault of his own hasn’t...for those reason Dak is  worth every penny Wentz is 

Dak is the anti Romo. From what Ive seen (and abviously you 2 have watched him more than me) he dosent make that throw that makes you think "Wow, there really might be something there", but he never chokes the game away by doing something ill advised.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Has Dez Bryant signed with anyone or is he still with the Saints?

UFA as of right now I believe.

2 hours ago, paco said:

Dak is the anti Romo. From what Ive seen (and abviously you 2 have watched him more than me) he dosent make that throw that makes you think "Wow, there really might be something there", but he never chokes the game away by doing something ill advised.

The problem with Romo was  largely Garret. Romo was definitely a better passer than Dak, but until 2014 Garrett callled games like Romo was Aaron Rodgers, just pit the whole game on him...I think Dalllas threw almost 70% of the time....when that happens even the best qb’s are going to f up. Romo has very few games where he cost them the game and many more they wouldn’t have won without hiIm. Give him a good coach and he probably has a lot more post season success. Dak isn’t capable of carrying a team for long stretches of the season .

where Dak is better than Romo is #1 durability to this point and #2..his play actually seems to elevate in the playoffs, the first couple years that Romo played in playoff games his play dipped from the regular season.

None Of ya’ll need to worry, as long as garrett is In  dallas, they won’t win a ring....he’s Jeff Fisher 2.0

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

UFA as of right now I believe.

Hasn’t signed and coming off a torn Achilles I doubt anyone signs him until late in camp or until a big name WR gets hurt 

34 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Hasn’t signed and coming off a torn Achilles I doubt anyone signs him until late in camp or until a big name WR gets hurt 

Sounds about right. I could see him having a year off. Seemed to take forever for him to sign with NO when he was healthy last year.