Captain F

Daks Agent wants $34m per year

On 6/22/2019 at 4:29 PM, Stephen1 said:

Love fans of a team Dak is 4-1 against in games that matter acting like he’s a scrub.

today the 34m per year for Dak is overpayment ....ish the 33 or whatever Wentz got is...the eagles were smart to sign Wentz first and the longer teams like Dallas, KC, Chicago wait, the worse it will get...but assuming Dallas caves and gives Dak 34m...after all these other qb’s sign their deals over the next 3-4 years that deal and Wentz deal won’t be overpayment...they won’t even be top 5 an salaries 

If you are only counting games that matter, then why are you including that 7-6 win against Nate Sudfield.

I dont think he is a scrub, but I do not think he is good either. He is very middle of the road. But with that said, I also think that Elliott is more valuable and a bigger thorn in the side of the Eagles then Dak will ever be.

With that said, Dallas should pay him at least $42 million a year, fully guaranteed. He should not take a penny less!

1 hour ago, Pallidrone said:

If you are only counting games that matter, then why are you including that 7-6 win against Nate Sudfield.

I dont think he is a scrub, but I do not think he is good either. He is very middle of the road. But with that said, I also think that Elliott is more valuable and a bigger thorn in the side of the Eagles then Dak will ever be.

With that said, Dallas should pay him at least $42 million a year, fully guaranteed. He should not take a penny less!

Well Dallas is a run first team so he won’t have the numbers that other QB’s will have. 

They drafted Zek and he definantly helps Dak just like any other great RB or WR will help their QB. 

Besides he had beat Wentz late in games where you don’t run the ball much. Being Cutch isn’t something that you can teach a QB but Dak does have that gift. He doesn’t throw a pretty ball like Wentz but like Stephen said who would you want with the game in the line and you have to score? I’ll Dak over Wentz every time. 

31 minutes ago, gch said:

Well Dallas is a run first team so he won’t have the numbers that other QB’s will have. 

They drafted Zek and he definantly helps Dak just like any other great RB or WR will help their QB. 

Besides he had beat Wentz late in games where you don’t run the ball much. Being Cutch isn’t something that you can teach a QB but Dak does have that gift. He doesn’t throw a pretty ball like Wentz but like Stephen said who would you want with the game in the line and you have to score? I’ll Dak over Wentz every time. 

You are right- that has to be worth $45 million a year at least.

26 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

You are right- that has to be worth $45 million a year at least.

Ok yea sure I’m JJ will jump all over that. Dak will get paid. 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, Stephen1 said:

… acting like he’s a scrub.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Cowboys are in the same predicament as Washington was a couple years ago with Cousins trying to evaluate a mid round quarterback when their NFL play surpasses anything they've shown in their previous football endeavors.

Washington ultimately let him go what the cowboys do should be very interesting.

4 hours ago, gch said:

I'm not quite sure where this Wentz isn't clutch bit started but if you take a careful look at his 2017 stats there some pretty historic numbers there in pressure situations namely third-down, and fourth-down. He also pulled a lot of rabbits out of a** to get us wins that we never got in the past. With all due respect I'll take Wentz if he's recovered from his injuries but if he has a catastrophic injury I will take Dak over and injured Wentz.

37 minutes ago, Excel said:

I'm not quite sure where this Wentz isn't clutch bit started but if you take a careful look at his 2017 stats there some pretty historic numbers there in pressure situations namely third-down, and fourth-down. He also pulled a lot of rabbits out of a** to get us wins that we never got in the past. With all due respect I'll take Wentz if he's recovered from his injuries but if he has a catastrophic injury I will take Dak over and injured Wentz.

It started because he missed a player in the flat one time and struggled last year after being injured. Add in that Dak has 8 4th quarter comebacks in 48 games and Wentz has 4 in 40 makes is so obvious that Wentz is not clutch.

Dallas should pay Dak at least $46 million a year. That would be a bargain.

19 hours ago, Excel said:

First - Thank you for your service. 

Wentz had an amazing 2017 no one should argue that. That is one out of 3 years though and we have all seen that before. I’m not saying he isn’t the real deal but at this point he isn’t IMO a top tier QB. He hasn’t played in a playoff game and yes he has been hurt and that’s not his fault. He has a injury history going back to collage.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:54 PM, Stephen1 said:

that said, though in my mind Dak is worth the 2nd tier 29-31m per year that maybe Dalllas could have done had they been  a little more aggressive ...the market dictares he’ll get 32-24m...and Dallas would be dumb not to give it to him...either overpay a few mil a year or start over with a QB search?

i’d overpay Because the truth is teams can get out of these deals in 2-3 years if they need too anyway.

The Cowboys are stuck because you have to pay your starting QB in the 20-30 range even if he is second tier (or move on without him). He might be worth 22-26 a year but no way will he and his agent settle for that. I am not sure if he gets 32+ but he will get in the 28-30 range or Dallas franchises him once and lets him walk. (or just lets him walk)

You don't get to keep anyone for 18-20 unless they are Blake Bortles.

Foles was an absolute steal for the Jags at 22 because even if he's the 12th best guy, that's still a relatively cheap contract

21 hours ago, Pallidrone said:

It started because he missed a player in the flat one time and struggled last year after being injured. Add in that Dak has 8 4th quarter comebacks in 48 games and Wentz has 4 in 40 makes is so obvious that Wentz is not clutch.

Dallas should pay Dak at least $46 million a year. That would be a bargain.

Your wrong here.  It started back in his rookie season when he showed inability to bring his team back from a deficit on the last drive.  To date Dak has 8 come from behind victories and 14 game winning drives in 3 years. Carson has 4 and 5 respectively.  Carson may be superior to Dak in some areas, but this ain't one of them and stop using the damn injury thing as an excuse.  Either you can stay healthy or you can't. That was one of the few knocks on Carson coming out and it has played true to this date.  Before you get all butt hurt I like Wentz.  Would have gladly taken him his rookie year at 4, but that 4th round pick we spent on Dak has worked out pretty well.

26 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Your wrong here.  It started back in his rookie season when he showed inability to bring his team back from a deficit on the last drive.  To date Dak has 8 come from behind victories and 14 game winning drives in 3 years. Carson has 4 and 5 respectively.  Carson may be superior to Dak in some areas, but this ain't one of them and stop using the damn injury thing as an excuse.  Either you can stay healthy or you can't. That was one of the few knocks on Carson coming out and it has played true to this date.  Before you get all butt hurt I like Wentz.  Would have gladly taken him his rookie year at 4, but that 4th round pick we spent on Dak has worked out pretty well.

Absolutely! Dak should get paid at least $48 million per year fully guaranteed.

I mean how in the world can you really put a price tag on being clutch?

40 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

Absolutely! Dak should get paid at least $48 million per year fully guaranteed.

I mean how in the world can you really put a price tag on being clutch?

Dak is going to get around 30.  He is going to sign just about the same deal Wentz got.

23 hours ago, Excel said:

Not saying Wentz isn’t clutch...don’t think he’s had enough opportunities one way or the other and I don’t consider him a choker...it’s just I trust Dak more in that situation because he’s just done it a lot more 

On 6/23/2019 at 10:43 PM, Excel said:

The Cowboys are in the same predicament as Washington was a couple years ago with Cousins trying to evaluate a mid round quarterback when their NFL play surpasses anything they've shown in their previous football endeavors.

Washington ultimately let him go what the cowboys do should be very interesting.

Yeah...but Dak isn’t Cousins...he hasn’t shown a propensity for turning the ball over in the red zone (I think cousins led the nfl in red zone turnovers) Dak has more TD’s, less turnovers, doesn’t have a horrible record vs winning  teams...

also the redskins offered him what at the time was the most guaranteed money for any nfl qb and what salary wise would have made him the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL

5 hours ago, gch said:

First - Thank you for your service. 

Wentz had an amazing 2017 no one should argue that. That is one out of 3 years though and we have all seen that before. I’m not saying he isn’t the real deal but at this point he isn’t IMO a top tier QB. He hasn’t played in a playoff game and yes he has been hurt and that’s not his fault. He has a injury history going back to collage.

I’m old enough to remember when you couldn’t put Romo in the elite category because he didn’t have enough playoff wins...Wentz doesn’t have an appearance and he’s top 5 😂

i actually think Wentz is very good and think potential wise has that in him...just laughing at the way people broke their ankles jumping off that wagon  

14 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Dak is going to get around 30.  He is going to sign just about the same deal Wentz got.

But his clutchiness and non injury factor has to make him worth so much more then Wentz. I think his agent is low balling the Cowboys at $34. It has to be a lot more then that.

17 hours ago, skippyx said:
14 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

I’m old enough to remember when you couldn’t put Romo in the elite category because he didn’t have enough playoff wins...Wentz doesn’t have an appearance and he’s top 5 😂

i actually think Wentz is very good and think potential wise has that in him...just laughing at the way people broke their ankles jumping off that wagon  

That’s a good point about Romo. That has been his knock in the media his whole career and I don’t disagree with that. Went hasn’t even played in a playoff game and media is crowning him as top level? Media has a soft spot for Philly. When a story comes out about wentz and some unknown players calling him out it was gone in 2 days. If that was about Dak it would still be front and center.

Dallas will sign Dak to 30 to 35 million a year and he will get in some sort of trouble relatively soon after.

17 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

In your view, Wentz gets absolutely no credit for the Super Bowl season? I know he didn't play in the final 6 games of 2017 (3 regular season, 3 post season), but he gets no credit at all? Surely, had 2015 Romo gone 11-2, then blew out his knee and had Brandon Weeden come in and finish it out with a Super Bowl MVP showing, Romo would get some credit... no?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

In your view, Wentz gets absolutely no credit for the Super Bowl season? I know he didn't play in the final 6 games of 2017 (3 regular season, 3 post season), but he gets no credit at all? Surely, had 2015 Romo gone 11-2, then blew out his knee and had Brandon Weeden come in and finish it out with a Super Bowl MVP showing, Romo would get some credit... no?

I don't think he gets no credit. He was having a great year, but i don't think you can consider him a Superbowl winning QB either.  Foles was really good that year in his absence as well.  Nobody can predict a W/L of any of those games if the QB is different.  He has a ring and he was a huge part of getting them to the playoffs, but he has never taken a snap in postseason it gets hard to give him credit for a Superbowl.

11 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

I don't think he gets no credit. He was having a great year, but i don't think you can consider him a Superbowl winning QB either.  Foles was really good that year in his absence as well.  Nobody can predict a W/L of any of those games if the QB is different.  He has a ring and he was a huge part of getting them to the playoffs, but he has never taken a snap in postseason it gets hard to give him credit for a Superbowl.

To say he gets no credit for the Super Bowl or Post Season is "short sighted" for lack of a better term. No, he didn't take a single snap in the post-season in 2017/18. But what you're statement neglects to  recognize is the role that he played on the sideline, in practice and in preparing the game plan.

I actually just watched the Super Bowl LII NFLN pre-game show last night (most of it), and in an interview, Lurie mentioned all of those things and how Carson was still a huge part in all of those areas and was instrumental in preparing Nick for the games as well as giving him information during the games.

So no, he didn't take snaps and he didn't play in those individual games, but don't diminish the role that he did play in those games, both before and during them. Is it the exact same thing as being on the field and playing? No, of course not. But the HC and all of the other coaches aren't on the field, playing, either but they get their due credit.

Carson Wentz won the Super Bowl. Nick Foles won the Super Bowl. Nate Sudfeld won the Super Bowl. They all get credit and are Super Bowl winning QB's.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

To say he gets no credit for the Super Bowl or Post Season is "short sighted" for lack of a better term. No, he didn't take a single snap in the post-season in 2017/18. But what you're statement neglects to  recognize is the role that he played on the sideline, in practice and in preparing the game plan.

I actually just watched the Super Bowl LII NFLN pre-game show last night (most of it), and in an interview, Lurie mentioned all of those things and how Carson was still a huge part in all of those areas and was instrumental in preparing Nick for the games as well as giving him information during the games.

So no, he didn't take snaps and he didn't play in those individual games, but don't diminish the role that he did play in those games, both before and during them. Is it the exact same thing as being on the field and playing? No, of course not. But the HC and all of the other coaches aren't on the field, playing, either but they get their due credit.

Carson Wentz won the Super Bowl. Nick Foles won the Super Bowl. Nate Sudfeld won the Super Bowl. They all get credit and are Super Bowl winning QB's.

So in this secernio was Jason Garrett a better QB than Wentz?

20 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

So in this secernio was Jason Garrett a better QB than Wentz?

This was silly. I worded this wrong and that was foolish.  This is the point I was trying (and failed) to make.  In your secernio Jason Garret deserves credit for 2 Superbowl wins.  I am a Cowboys fan and I don't believe that.  Carson had 0 effect on those playoff games from the sideline.  I know the coaches said this and players said that, but c'mon what do you expect them to say?