Captain F

Daks Agent wants $34m per year

36 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

So in this secernio was Jason Garrett a better QB than Wentz?

What does 'better' have to do with anything that I said?

10 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

This was silly. I worded this wrong and that was foolish.  This is the point I was trying (and failed) to make.  In your secernio Jason Garret deserves credit for 2 Superbowl wins.  I am a Cowboys fan and I don't believe that.  Carson had 0 effect on those playoff games from the sideline.  I know the coaches said this and players said that, but c'mon what do you expect them to say?

I give Garrett credit for his part, yes. Absolutely. A backup QB who isn't playing, plays an important role in helping to prepare the team for games. You don't understand that? Do you think that the players just show up on Sunday and draw up plays in the dirt and make it up as the game goes along?

You can't be so 'silly' as to believe that only the players who actually play, are the ONLY people who contribute to winning a game. Can you? I ask that because I haven't had many (if any) conversations with you, so I don't know your intelligence level.

Would the Eagles have won the Super Bowl even if Carson had stayed home on his couch? Yes. That doesn't mean that he had '0 effect'.

Google 'America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions', look through the list of all the players from all of the Super Bowl Champions and see if you notice anything... here, I'll make it easy for you...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Game:_The_Super_Bowl_Champions

6 hours ago, gch said:

It’s why playing qb in Dallas is harder than almost anywhere else...the national spotlight is insane...you have #1 overall picks like Carson Palmer and Matthew Stafford who started like 9 years w/o a playoff win and you hear nothing about it and nobody says anything national. I drafted Tony .Romo started getting crucified after year 2....everytime Romo had a bad game, same with Dak, it leads sportscenter with 3 different panels asking if they need to make a change...Wentz could have a bad game or choke at the end of a game and the philly fans will get a little crazy, but nationally, nobody will care.....

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

In your view, Wentz gets absolutely no credit for the Super Bowl season? I know he didn't play in the final 6 games of 2017 (3 regular season, 3 post season), but he gets no credit at all? Surely, had 2015 Romo gone 11-2, then blew out his knee and had Brandon Weeden come in and finish it out with a Super Bowl MVP showing, Romo would get some credit... no?

Not really...I mean i recognize he was playing at an MVP level when he got hurt, and I weigh that heavily when evaluating him as a QB, I think he’s top 5ish And I base that off how I see him play week in week out.....

But you can’t give him credit for playoff wins in games in which he didn’t take a snap and use that as a reason he is better than any other QB.

he clearly plays qb better than Dak week in, week out, so I think he’s better than Dak who I see in the 10ish range...but it’s not because of a SB win...

one thing I do like about Dak is that he seems to elevate his play in the playoffs...Wentz May as well, not a knock on him, just making an observation about Dak 

2 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Not really...

You seriously don't give an 11-2 Quarterback any credit for the 16-3 Super Bowl season? All of the credit goes to the 5-1 QB? Not one ounce of credit for the QB with the 11 out of 16 wins?

Ok...

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You seriously don't give an 11-2 Quarterback any credit for the 16-3 Super Bowl season? All of the credit goes to the 5-1 QB? Not one ounce of credit for the QB with the 11 out of 16 wins?

Ok...

I mean I give him credit in that I use the fact that he got them to 11-2 and was playing at an MVP level and use that to judge him as a top 5ish qb...I kind of feel like that’s pretty fair...no? I give him credit for getting them to the playoffs 

but if an eagle fan uses that ring to say he’s better than Dak (or any qb) who has won a playoff game and played very well in 2 losses....that’s kind of crazy....it’s like being right, but for the wrong reason...because we have no idea what Wentz does in his first playoff game....plenty of good qb’s have ished themselves early in there playoff careers.

Wentz is better because week in week out he plays a little better than Dak, but not because of a ring. 

47 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

It’s why playing qb in Dallas is harder than almost anywhere else...the national spotlight is insane...you have #1 overall picks like Carson Palmer and Matthew Stafford who started like 9 years w/o a playoff win and you hear nothing about it and nobody says anything national. I drafted Tony .Romo started getting crucified after year 2....everytime Romo had a bad game, same with Dak, it leads sportscenter with 3 different panels asking if they need to make a change...Wentz could have a bad game or choke at the end of a game and the philly fans will get a little crazy, but nationally, nobody will care.....

Dont you think that Jerry built it that way and embraces that completely?

As much as I can't stand him the man knows how to market his team. I swear he takes on bad seeds because he knows they will be in the news eventually which means the Cowboys will be in the news.

14 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

Dont you think that Jerry built it that way and embraces that completely?

As much as I can't stand him the man knows how to market his team. I swear he takes on bad seeds because he knows they will be in the news eventually which means the Cowboys will be in the news.

You aren’t wrong...I mean he definitely feeds into it....I think the bad seed thing is more about he likes to take risks and get something potentially great at a lower price....really the same reason he took Jaylon Smith, Sean lee and. Bruce  Carter in round 2 of the NFL draft...all were highly touted players coming off bad knee injuries.... but a little of it is also that he probably thinks any publicity is good publicity 

34 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I mean I give him credit in that I use the fact that he got them to 11-2 and was playing at an MVP level and use that to judge him as a top 5ish qb...I kind of feel like that’s pretty fair...no? I give him credit for getting them to the playoffs 

but if an eagle fan uses that ring to say he’s better than Dak (or any qb) who has won a playoff game and played very well in 2 losses....that’s kind of crazy....it’s like being right, but for the wrong reason...because we have no idea what Wentz does in his first playoff game....plenty of good qb’s have ished themselves early in there playoff careers.

Wentz is better because week in week out he plays a little better than Dak, but not because of a ring. 

I'm not talking about 'better', I'm talking about 'credit' for the Super Bowl winning season. Not 100% credit, no individual player gets 100% credit and I'm not talking about credit for actually playing in and winning the individual game, though I do believe that he deserves credit for any contributions that he made 'behind the scenes' and on the sidelines.

If you want to talk about who's better, it's Carson Wentz. Not because of a ring... because of Wings.

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm not talking about 'better', I'm talking about 'credit' for the Super Bowl winning season. Not 100% credit, no individual player gets 100% credit and I'm not talking about credit for actually playing in and winning the individual game, though I do believe that he deserves credit for any contributions that he made 'behind the scenes' and on the sidelines.

If you want to talk about who's better, it's Carson Wentz. Not because of a ring... because of Wings.

Oh yeah, he definitely deserves some credit for what he did on the field, he contributed to the overall success that year....i’m Just talking about when evaluating him as qb the ring means pretty much nothing and living in philly i’ve heard that a lot 

7 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Oh yeah, he definitely deserves some credit for what he did on the field, he contributed to the overall success that year....i’m Just talking about when evaluating him as qb the ring means pretty much nothing and living in philly i’ve heard that a lot 

But if you think that Carson is the better QB, the reason that people use doesn't matter. They could say that he's the better QB because he has better dogs, or a better ATV. If you agree with the conclusion that he's better, then the rest doesn't matter.

I've said since 2016 (as you may recall), that the two of them would be a thorn in each other's sides (and each opposing fanbases) for years to come. But when all is said and done, what really matters the most, is the fact that you've personally voted for Carson Wentz to win various in-season awards ... on multiple occasions.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

But if you think that Carson is the better QB, the reason that people use doesn't matter. They could say that he's the better QB because he has better dogs, or a better ATV. If you agree with the conclusion that he's better, then the rest doesn't matter.

I've said since 2016 (as you may recall), that the two of them would be a thorn in each other's sides (and each opposing fanbase) for years to come. But when all is said and done, what really matters the most, is the fact that you've personally voted for Carson Wentz to win various in-season awards ... on multiple occasions.

😂...I hate you!!! I seriously fell for that ish like 5 times 

On 6/24/2019 at 9:14 PM, Hefty Smurf said:

Your wrong here.  It started back in his rookie season when he showed inability to bring his team back from a deficit on the last drive.  To date Dak has 8 come from behind victories and 14 game winning drives in 3 years. Carson has 4 and 5 respectively.  Carson may be superior to Dak in some areas, but this ain't one of them and stop using the damn injury thing as an excuse.  Either you can stay healthy or you can't. That was one of the few knocks on Carson coming out and it has played true to this date.  Before you get all butt hurt I like Wentz.  Would have gladly taken him his rookie year at 4, but that 4th round pick we spent on Dak has worked out pretty well.

It's hard to rack up come from behind stats when you are whooping up on teams all game long. 

But Dak keeps other teams in the game.  Congrats

:pizza:

23 hours ago, gch said:

That’s a good point about Romo. That has been his knock in the media his whole career and I don’t disagree with that. Went hasn’t even played in a playoff game and media is crowning him as top level? Media has a soft spot for Philly. When a story comes out about wentz and some unknown players calling him out it was gone in 2 days. If that was about Dak it would still be front and center.

Yeah. Philly is totally media darlings and Dallas is constantly vilified 

:roll:

19 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

So, how about Nick Foles? Better than Dak?

4 hours ago, paco said:

It's hard to rack up come from behind stats when you are whooping up on teams all game long. 

But Dak keeps other teams in the game.  Congrats

:pizza:

Dak does that on purpose to show how good he is.Rodgers took 9 years to get 14 game winning drives while it only took Dak 3 years.

I am telling you Dak should be the first $50 million a year QB.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, how about Nick Foles? Better than Dak?

As of now, yes. I think both are bus driver qb’s and I give Foles the edge  based off that SB run and MVP run

that said, long term, i’m taking Dak  

The Romo stuff is funny. (like pathetic and ignorant kinda funny)

• His first playoff loss was because he could not hold the snap.
  • His second playoff loss was because he missed a wide open TO over the middle by throwing the ball behind him.
  • He was known for being awful in week 17 do or die games.
  • He had a resume a mile long regarding all of his pressure game failures.
  • His only legit playoff win in his entire career was Donny McNabb's Philly funeral in 2009. (year 6 of his career)
  • His only other playoff win 6 years later was a party-bus aided loss-turned-win with a legit flag picked up for America's team.
    • This was not a missed call like the Saints-Rams NFCCG.
    • This was the correct call made on the field and the refs huddled up and decided against eliminating the Cowboys on a penalty
  • Until January 2014 when he was 34, his career playoff passer rating was in McNabb country (very low 80s)

Wentz is a 3 year player who was a lock for league MVP leading his team to an 11-2 record with a 100+ rating in year 2 before he got hurt.

• Romo did not throw a single pass until year 3.

Proven playoff and pressure game choker vs an unknown with unlimited potential.

Gee, it must just be Romo persecution. 😄

59 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

As of now, yes. I think both are bus driver qb’s and I give Foles the edge  based off that SB run and MVP run

This season will tell a lot for Nick, but I think he's much more than a bus driver QB. I don't say that as a fan of his because of the Super Bowl, I say it as fan of his since 2012.

This can be said of any QB of course, but if allowed to play to his strengths and not forced to change for a system, I think he's one of the best of the current starters. Definitely in the top 10. After all, the man has a statue!

ralkq8y13jk11.thumb.jpg.90a8dd2eafa207f71d45f315ff6c9700.jpg

2006 Snap-fu Shenanigans cost his team a playoff win in Seattle

636269026323680737-C03-ROMO3-30.jpg?widt

2007 Romo blows a home game vs the Giants who go on to win the Super Bowl

• Misses a wide open TO on a slant that winds up as a FG instead of a TD in a 4 point loss

2008 Silver Linings Playbook Time - 8-4 record going into December

• 1-3 down the stretch
  • 44-6 loss in the week 17 play-in game

2009 Romo wins his first playoff game in a home blowout

• He leads his team to 3 points in Minnesota the next game

2011 The Cowboys were 7-4 going into December

• Romo led them to 1-4 the rest of the way

2012 The Cowboys were 8-6 with 2 games left

• 2 losses give the division to RG3 DC (including the week 17 play-in game)

2013 Dallas is 7-5 going into December

• 1-3 the rest of the way including losing to the Eagles in the week 17 play-in game

Foles is 16-8 in December / January

Romo was 21-26

This is your Bus with Romo as the driver

image.gif

21 minutes ago, skippyx said:

2006 Snap-fu Shenanigans cost his team a playoff win in Seattle

636269026323680737-C03-ROMO3-30.jpg?widt

2007 Romo blows a home game vs the Giants who go on to win the Super Bowl

• Misses a wide open TO on a slant that winds up as a FG instead of a TD in a 4 point loss

2008 Silver Linings Playbook Time - 8-4 record going into December

• 1-3 down the stretch
  • 44-6 loss in the week 17 play-in game

2009 Romo wins his first playoff game in a home blowout

• He leads his team to 3 points in Minnesota the next game

2011 The Cowboys were 7-4 going into December

• Romo led them to 1-4 the rest of the way

2012 The Cowboys were 8-6 with 2 games left

• 2 losses give the division to RG3 DC (including the week 17 play-in game)

2013 Dallas is 7-5 going into December

• 1-3 the rest of the way including losing to the Eagles in the week 17 play-in game

Romo was not clutch in the playoffs. He never played well in the playoffs and just couldn’t close out games. 

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

You cant say Wentz can carry a team on his shoulders either because he had one very good MVP season. 

I think of QB’s Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Young, Montana. Those guys find ways to win games when they shouldn’t. 

Dak has beat Philly in the 4th quarter 4 times. I believe 3 of them were with wentz playing. 

2016 playoffs Dak had a better game then Rodgers but Rodgers found a way to win on the last drive. Remember Rodgers was hurt and wasn’t going to play. That’s were Wentz falls short as well. Romo played with broken ribs and a collapsed lung and he was not an elite QB and Dak isn’t either until he takes that next step  

If your elite you still play hurt sometimes. Last year when Wentz came out you could see the team chemistry change when Foles took over. The team played so much better with Foles and that says something. 

So before you start putting other QB’s down, you may want to see if your QB can even finish a season. 

31 minutes ago, skippyx said:

Foles is 16-8 in December / January

Romo was 21-26

This is your Bus with Romo as the driver

image.gif

That’s a very limited sample size from Foles.