Captain F

Daks Agent wants $34m per year

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, gch said:

You cant say Wentz can carry a team on his shoulders either because he had one very good MVP season. 

2017:

265/440 60.2% 3,296 YDS 33 TDs 7.5% 7 INTs 1.6% 253.5 YPG 101.9 Passer Rating

2018:

279/401 69.6% 3,074 YDS 21 TDs 5.2% 7 INTs 1.7% 279.5 YPG 102.2 Passer Rating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

2017:

265/440 60.2% 3,296 YDS 33 TDs 7.5% 7 INTs 1.6% 253.5 YPG 101.9 Passer Rating

2018:

279/401 69.6% 3,074 YDS 21 TDs 5.2% 7 INTs 1.7% 279.5 YPG 102.2 Passer Rating

So he was better than his one good season the next season ?? Oh those pesky facts claim another victim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skippyx said:

2006 Snap-fu Shenanigans cost his team a playoff win in Seattle

636269026323680737-C03-ROMO3-30.jpg?widt

2007 Romo blows a home game vs the Giants who go on to win the Super Bowl

  • Misses a wide open TO on a slant that winds up as a FG instead of a TD in a 4 point loss

2008 Silver Linings Playbook Time - 8-4 record going into December

  • 1-3 down the stretch
  • 44-6 loss in the week 17 play-in game

2009 Romo wins his first playoff game in a home blowout

  • He leads his team to 3 points in Minnesota the next game

2011 The Cowboys were 7-4 going into December

  • Romo led them to 1-4 the rest of the way

2012 The Cowboys were 8-6 with 2 games left

  • 2 losses give the division to RG3 DC (including the week 17 play-in game)

2013 Dallas is 7-5 going into December

  • 1-3 the rest of the way including losing to the Eagles in the week 17 play-in game

Minor point, but Kyle Orton played that week 17 game against us in 2013. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 11:05 PM, Stephen1 said:

Yeah...but Dak isn’t Cousins...he hasn’t shown a propensity for turning the ball over in the red zone (I think cousins led the nfl in red zone turnovers) Dak has more TD’s, less turnovers, doesn’t have a horrible record vs winning  teams...

also the redskins offered him what at the time was the most guaranteed money for any nfl qb and what salary wise would have made him the 2nd highest paid player in the NFL

Without getting into the semantics of comparing the players, and how it factors into the team's willingness to sign these players it doesn't change the situation both of these teams were in. They obviously both want/wanted to keep these lower round players without paying franchise money. The Eagles would have been in the same situation if they rolled with Nick Foles who statistically like Prescott had fantastic stats, and ultimately reached the pinnacle that a quarterback can reach Super Bowl win/MVP. The front offices just have this urge of wanting to see one more year whereas a quarterback drafted at the top of the draft gets the benefit of the doubt even if they haven't achieved the same heights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 10:52 PM, Stephen1 said:

Not saying Wentz isn’t clutch...don’t think he’s had enough opportunities one way or the other and I don’t consider him a choker...it’s just I trust Dak more in that situation because he’s just done it a lot more 

It doesn't take long to figure out if a quarterback chokes under pressure, and you could see early on Carson did not, and neither did Foles. They handle pressure considerably better than Donovan McNabb.

People who criticize Carson are criticizing him for his 3rd year when he was physically limited. His mental makeup didn't change from the first 2 years. It's something you have, or you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 6:05 PM, gch said:

First - Thank you for your service. 

Wentz had an amazing 2017 no one should argue that. That is one out of 3 years though and we have all seen that before. I’m not saying he isn’t the real deal but at this point he isn’t IMO a top tier QB. He hasn’t played in a playoff game and yes he has been hurt and that’s not his fault. He has a injury history going back to collage.

Thank you, and I disagree.

There's more to evaluating a QB than just game day. Carson's rookie year I believe by any standard he exceeded expectations on a bad team without having a training camp or preparing to be the starting quarterback. The guy literally came out of college, and right into the NFL QB position and performed. Then there's practices where most of the decisions are made.

Year 2 wasn't viewed as a shock where he overachieved it was something they expected. The Eagles by all appearances have no fear over his skill set, or past injuries so they signed him before the price goes up.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 11:34 PM, Pallidrone said:

It started because he missed a player in the flat one time and struggled last year after being injured. Add in that Dak has 8 4th quarter comebacks in 48 games and Wentz has 4 in 40 makes is so obvious that Wentz is not clutch.

Dallas should pay Dak at least $46 million a year. That would be a bargain.

I like Prescott, and hope the man gets paid he deserves it. It will be interesting to see over time if he was worth the investment, or not.

I wanted the Eagles to draft him around where he was drafted as a backup. I believe Dallas drafted him as a backup and he exceeded expectations in preseason, and hasn't looked back.

He and Carson are viewed in 2 different ways. With Carson perfection is expected whereas Dak is viewed as overachieving with everyone waiting for him to come back down to earth.

It's just like Foles when he was drafted, and starting. We remember every game is the real test, but when he passed the next game was the real test.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 8:28 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

2017:

265/440 60.2% 3,296 YDS 33 TDs 7.5% 7 INTs 1.6% 253.5 YPG 101.9 Passer Rating

2018:

279/401 69.6% 3,074 YDS 21 TDs 5.2% 7 INTs 1.7% 279.5 YPG 102.2 Passer Rating

But he was 5-6 at the time they pulled him out. The stats you posted mean nothing if you can’t finish and win games. Dak was not good either until Cooper came because he had no one to throw too. Dallas thought they could make it without a number 1 receiver but they made a huge mistake. They were hugely criticized for not drafting a receiver or trading for one. Jones is an idiot a lot of times and it drives Cowboys fan crazy but most of us are loyal to the bone and would never jump teams just like most of Eagles fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gch said:

But he was 5-6 at the time they pulled him out. The stats you posted mean nothing if you can’t finish and win games. Dak was not good either until Cooper came because he had no one to throw too. Dallas thought they could make it without a number 1 receiver but they made a huge mistake. They were hugely criticized for not drafting a receiver or trading for one. Jones is an idiot a lot of times and it drives Cowboys fan crazy but most of us are loyal to the bone and would never jump teams just like most of Eagles fans. 

Why does Dak get the disclaimers for last year but Wentz does not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gch said:

But he was 5-6 at the time they pulled him out. 

W/L is a team stat, not an individual player stat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

W/L is a team stat, not an individual player stat.

That’s right but QB’s graded on wind and losses fair or not  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, boogyman said:

Why does Dak get the disclaimers for last year but Wentz does not?

Wentz has a much better receiving core then Dallas did early last year. That was the Cowboys fault. 

Ok what would you like his disclaimer to be? They didn’t have a back like Elliot but your OL was good and you have some really good tight ends. Was Wentz sacked a lot last year? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gch said:

Wentz has a much better receiving core then Dallas did early last year. That was the Cowboys fault. 

Ok what would you like his disclaimer to be? They didn’t have a back like Elliot but your OL was good and you have some really good tight ends. Was Wentz sacked a lot last year? 

 

We were 28th in rushing. Wentz or Foles were asked to produce a lot more than Dak was. We also had no deep threat the entire season. Our entire offense was basically played in a 20 yard box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope cowboys give Dak the big contract.  It means they would have to extend Copper and Zeke as well.  Dak can’t function without top talents and Jerry knows that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, recadna said:

I hope cowboys give Dak the big contract.  It means they would have to extend Copper and Zeke as well.  Dak can’t function without top talents and Jerry knows that.  

Well apparently neither can Wentz.

I’m not I would give Zeke a new contract. I know they spent a number 4 overall pick on him but the kid they drafted in the 3rd round this year is supposed to be pretty good. They let Murray go to you guys when his contract was up so we’ll see. 

They have a lot of young talent that needs to be paid on defense coming up as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, boogyman said:

We were 28th in rushing. Wentz or Foles were asked to produce a lot more than Dak was. We also had no deep threat the entire season. Our entire offense was basically played in a 20 yard box.

That is because Dallas is a run first team. But we have seen Dak make plays for three years now and he only gets better in the late quarters. 

I watched Philly loose to Carolina after a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter last year. Philly couldn’t score in the final 3-4 possessions to put the game away. Dak has his flaws no doubt but so does Wentz. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gch said:

That is because Dallas is a run first team. But we have seen Dak make plays for three years now and he only gets better in the late quarters. 

I watched Philly loose to Carolina after a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter last year. Philly couldn’t score in the final 3-4 possessions to put the game away. Dak has his flaws no doubt but so does Wentz. 

 

Yes they both do. Obviously. I just find it curious you throw out excuses for your guy only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boogyman said:

Yes they both do. Obviously. I just find it curious you throw out excuses for your guy only.

LOLThat is what fans do. I have stated that Dak has flaws as well as Zeke for sure as he can’t grow up for some reason. Our OL for what we pay has holes that should not be there. 

I never hear anyone on hear talking about Wentz’s flaws? They blame it on the OL or someone else but Wentz is blamesless other then injuries. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gch said:

LOLThat is what fans do. I have stated that Dak has flaws as well as Zeke for sure as he can’t grow up for some reason. Our OL for what we pay has holes that should not be there. 

I never hear anyone on hear talking about Wentz’s flaws? They blame it on the OL or someone else but Wentz is blamesless other then injuries. 

 

Guess you have never been on TATE where Wentz gets ripped apart daily 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only time I’m on TATE is when Eagles are playing. Your right they rip him pretty good sometimes and that’s when they are winning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gch said:

LOLThat is what fans do. I have stated that Dak has flaws as well as Zeke for sure as he can’t grow up for some reason. Our OL for what we pay has holes that should not be there. 

I never hear anyone on hear talking about Wentz’s flaws? They blame it on the OL or someone else but Wentz is blamesless other then injuries. 

 

Plenty of times Wentz has been critisized in the Talk about the Eagles section. This the the NFL part of the board where we talk about the rest of the league mostly and fans of other teams talk football. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, gch said:

That is because

 

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is Prescott a better QB than Romo?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now