Captain F

Daks Agent wants $34m per year

Recommended Posts

What is taking Jerry so long to do this?

It is easy - give him that 6 year $300 million fully guaranteed contract and be done with it. He is well worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerry doesn’t do this anymore Stephen Jones does. He is much better at the contracts and salary cap then Jerry. Let Jerry promote Cowboys football no one does it better. 

Im not worried about this stuff they will sign the guys they want and will find the money if needed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gch said:

Jerry doesn’t do this anymore Stephen Jones does. He is much better at the contracts and salary cap then Jerry. Let Jerry promote Cowboys football no one does it better. 

Im not worried about this stuff they will sign the guys they want and will find the money if needed. 

 

I dunno about that.  I think all of this is gasoline for a combustible roster and that's exactly how Jerruh likes it.   Jerruh still does have final say it's not like he's been set out to pasture.  That's a lot of big contracts on the line, including Garrett and you get this thick sense that Jerruh wants his gang of thugs to go out and win a SB for their money.

 

These two franchises are going to be fascinating this year.  Both are absolutely LOADED, very possibly the best and deepest rosters in football.  But for the last 20 years both teams have very defined achilles heels in their roster building and by now you can only point directly at Lurie and Jerruh as the culprits.

 

The eagles have forever now taken their chances in the trainer's room while the Cowboys take their chances in the locker room.  And I suspect that is exactly how it will play out again thsi year.  Eagles need to stay healthy, cowboys need to keep the distractions at a minimum.  As talented as these two rosters are, eag;es might have the most injury prone lineup they have ever had and Cowboys with those contract situations and garrett in the CEO role.might have the most combustible locker room they have ever had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 11:16 PM, gch said:

They are still working on it. Dallas hasn’t over paid in years since Stephen took over. Dak deserves to get paid and he will. How much who knows? Dallas has a ton of young talent to sign but not all will make it. I’m just happy that they continue to draft really well to fill the players that will be lost  

no QB in this league is more scrutinized then Dak. Swap him and Wentz and the media would be loving Dak and praising Philly for their drafting genius picks and bad mouthing Wentz for having one great year in three but can’t keep himself off the injury list. 

Both guys have really good teams and should be a fun year of football. 

 

I don't think so. Outside of Dallas fans/circle Prescott is viewed as an over achiever, and surprise.

Wentz because of where he was drafted is expected to be great, and anything less he's criticized.

You know a guy that was scrutinized like Prescott, Nick Foles. These guys were scrutinized for pretty much the same reasons of how they started, and where they were drafted.

Foles 27-2 while winning most of his game started, and Prescott's rookie year set expectations incredibly high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Excel said:

I don't think so. Outside of Dallas fans/circle Prescott is viewed as an over achiever, and surprise.

Wentz because of where he was drafted is expected to be great, and anything less he's criticized.

You know a guy that was scrutinized like Prescott, Nick Foles. These guys were scrutinized for pretty much the same reasons of how they started, and where they were drafted.

Foles 27-2 while winning most of his game started, and Prescott's rookie year set expectations incredibly high.

Foles will be scrutinized more than Dak this season IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, the thread title says that Dak's agent wants $34 Million per year. Agents get 10%, right? So that's $340 Million per year for Dak. Do it Jerry! Show him the money!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Foles will be scrutinized more than Dak this season IMO.

Maybe by eagles fans. Any other fans of other teams I talk to don't think anything of foles or cares. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe by eagles fans. Any other fans of other teams I talk to don't think anything of foles or cares. 

I dunno. Foles has real accomplishments and just got paid. Dak is finishing a rookie deal and has had some nice seasons but has not done anything of note really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree whoever is the Dallas Cowboys QB will become the most scrutinized player in football. That’s just the way it is. Fans either love Dallas or hate them and no other team has that type love or hate. Think about it fans, that don’t follow the Eagles as their team don’t really hate them either. 

Dak has won the NFCE twice. Has won more games since entering the NFL except for Brady. 

His first season he lost to GB in the second week of the playoffs but out played Rodgers. Because of Garrett not managing the game clock they lost that game. Dak came from behind to go ahead but left to much time for Rodgers and they lost. He played a very good game versus the Rams but they completely shut the O down most of the game. His stats were pretty good though. 

Wentz has a very good and probably even an MVP season in 2017 if healthy but has been hurt way to often. Last year fans post his stats before injury but everyone knows that if he had played out the season they most likely don’t make the playoffs. 

I like a wentz BTW and he may be great some day but you can’t label him as Elite without even winning one playoff game like the nation media does and most of the Eagle fans. 

Dak has Zeke and that is a big plus as well as a good Ol most of the time but still takes a lot of sacks and some of that is on him holding the ball to long.

Wentz has a better D as well as much better receivers then Dak. I think their OL is better then Dallas at times as well. For what Dallas pays the OL they should be better IMO. Three players on their OL all graded in the top 5 in NFL lineman. 

Eagles have an amazing roster and probably the best in the league. Dallas not far behind.

Saw an ESPN writing saying that Dallas has a short window to win.  They are one of the youngest teams in the league but he thinks that Dallas can’t keep their players because of the cap. They always find ways sign the guys they want,  just like Philly does. 

Should be a fun season to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You know, the thread title says that Dak's agent wants $34 Million per year. Agents get 10%, right? So that's $340 Million per year for Dak. Do it Jerry! Show him the money!!

Nope, they're capped at 3% by rule.

So it's actually 1.3333333333333... Billion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You know, the thread title says that Dak's agent wants $34 Million per year. Agents get 10%, right? So that's $340 Million per year for Dak. Do it Jerry! Show him the money!!

NFL agents don’t make 10%. They can only make a maximum of 3%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Nope, they're capped at 3% by rule.

So it's actually 1.3333333333333... Billion.

Beat me too it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, boogyman said:

Foles will be scrutinized more than Dak this season IMO.

Not a chance. People have a general idea of who Foles is at this point of his career. An elite backup QB and an above average starting QB. Wentz and Dak will be 10x more under the microscope this season than Foles. The verdict is still out on both of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Not a chance. People have a general idea of who Foles is at this point of his career. An elite backup QB and an above average starting QB. Wentz and Dak will be 10x more under the microscope this season than Foles. The verdict is still out on both of them. 

I think your right. Wentz and Dak will be under a ton of pressure this season. Very high expectations for both guys. If it doesn’t go well for Dak this year then that’s bad news for Cowboys. If Wentz doesn’t have a great season and doesn’t finish deep in the playoffs then it’s bad news for him and the Eagles. 

We fans expect our teams to win. Especially with the talent on both of these rosters. 

Should be a good season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gch said:

I think your right. Wentz and Dak will be under a ton of pressure this season. Very high expectations for both guys. If it doesn’t go well for Dak this year then that’s bad news for Cowboys. If Wentz doesn’t have a great season and doesn’t finish deep in the playoffs then it’s bad news for him and the Eagles. 

We fans expect our teams to win. Especially with the talent on both of these rosters. 

Should be a good season. 

 

Wentz easily has more pressure than Dak.  Cowboys already have Garrett's neck on the block as the designated fall guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

 

Wentz easily has more pressure than Dak.  Cowboys already have Garrett's neck on the block as the designated fall guy.

Good point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 5:52 PM, boogyman said:

Foles will be scrutinized more than Dak this season IMO.

I agree Foles has shown he can be very good with a very good supporting cast, but if it's not that good it could get ugly. Nick will never finish that contract he was given in Jacksonville and might just be back here as a backup in a couple years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 8:26 AM, dawkins4prez said:

 

Wentz easily has more pressure than Dak.  Cowboys already have Garrett's neck on the block as the designated fall guy.

But Wentz has already been paid and Dak has not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now