Bacarty2

5 in / 5 out of the playoffs....

Theres been at least 5 new playoff teams to make the playoffs who didn't the previous year in 21 out of the last 23 years. 

7 new teams last year. Cowboys, Colts, chargers, ravens, Texans, seahawks and bears. 

There were 8 in 2017....

So I ask, Which 5 "new teams" are in... and which 5 are out.....

1) Texans Out / Browns in

2) Steelers In / Ravens out

3) Cowboys out / Packers in

4) Seahawks out / Falcons In

5) Chargers out / Jaguars In. 

Saw it on ESPN, and it's hard. 

Out:

Saints, Rams, Cowboys, Ravens, Texans

In: 

Falcons, Niners, Packers, Browns, Jaguars

10 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Out:

Saints, Rams, Cowboys, Ravens, Texans

In: 

Falcons, Niners, Packers, Browns, Jaguars

You think that superbowl hangover is going to hit them hard?

I dont see how saints or chargers are out. both look scary

2 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

You think that superbowl hangover is going to hit them hard?

Hoping so. :lol: Honestly I think a lot of DC's are going to be studying that SB film of Goff to see what BB did to shut him down. Good DC's will pick up on it and exploit it. It'll be up to McVay to counter punch. 

Wow that is a tough one...

Bills out, Browns in. 

Ravens out, Jags in. 

Texans out, Steelers in. 

Seahawks out, Falcons in. 

And honestly I can't pick a fifth!

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wow that is a tough one...

Bills out, Browns in. 

Ravens out, Jags in. 

Texans out, Steelers in. 

Seahawks out, Falcons in. 

And honestly I can't pick a fifth!

You need to swap out the Bills with someone else out. The Bills made it two seasons ago. 

I would also like to put the Browns in the playoffs, but to me, they’re still the Browns until proven otherwise. Last year was a great start with 7 wins and 8 total games that they didn’t lose. They have to build on that though. Looks like they’ve done a decent job at building a roster, now they have to show Kitchens was the right coach and they can put it all together. 

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

You need to swap out the Bills with someone else out. The Bills made it two seasons ago. 

Oh did they? I thought they made it last year? I thought it was a huge thing...

Ok Chargers out.

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh did they? I thought they made it last year? I thought it was a huge thing...

Ok Chargers out.

Nah. They lost to the Jags the year they almost made the Super Bowl. 

It seems really tough to do, but it happens every year.

Out: Texans, Cowboys, Seahawks, Chiefs :o, Bears

In: Jags, Falcons, Packers, Steelers, Vikings

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I would also like to put the Browns in the playoffs, but to me, they’re still the Browns until proven otherwise. Last year was a great start with 7 wins and 8 total games that they didn’t lose. They have to build on that though. Looks like they’ve done a decent job at building a roster, now they have to show Kitchens was the right coach and they can put it all together. 

Me too, totally agree. It looks like the Browns can take another step forward. Maybe they finally break out of a losing record, 8-8 or 9-7. Maybe they challenge for a Wild Card...   But I can't pick them for a playoff spot until they can prove otherwise.

Out: Cowboys, Rams, Bears, Chargers, Texans 

In: Packers, 49ers, Falcons, Broncos, Browns

I really have a deep feeling that the Patriots are going to fall off this year and the Jets steal that division, but I am not that confident.

2 hours ago, Pallidrone said:

Out: Cowboys, Rams, Bears, Chargers, Texans 

In: Packers, 49ers, Falcons, Broncos, Browns

I really have a deep feeling that the Patriots are going to fall off this year and the Jets steal that division, but I am not that confident.

I'm sure theres a bet out there for the patriots not making it, you should throw a 20 spot on it. Why not. probably get good odds. 

It's insane to think 5,6,7 teams that made the playoffs last year wont make it

6 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

I'm sure theres a bet out there for the patriots not making it, you should throw a 20 spot on it. Why not. probably get good odds. 

Unfortunately they've got a very easy division so it's almost a gimme for the time being. And every year people think it's their time to fall away. 

Gase did not make me a believer in him in Miami. Joe Douglas only recently took over the GM job. Give them a couple of years to build something, then maybe the Jets overtake the Patriots... As long as Brady/Belichick are together the Patriots are essentially a lock to make the playoffs.

53 minutes ago, toolg said:

Gase did not make me a believer in him in Miami. Joe Douglas only recently took over the GM job. Give them a couple of years to build something, then maybe the Jets overtake the Patriots... As long as Brady/Belichick are together the Patriots are essentially a lock to make the playoffs.

I don't see the Jets really doing anything with Gase and more so that ownership. 

I don't know the connection, maybe its McDermott, maybe its the defense first mentality but I'm a closet Bills fan. On top of those 2 things I hate the Jets and the Patriots so I'm rooting for the Bills automatically 4 times a year. 

I dunno about playoffs but as of right now I have every division changing winners except Patriots and Rams.  I got Eagles/Vikes/Falcons/Colts/Browns/Chargers winning their divisions.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:49 PM, matchew88 said:

I dont see how saints or chargers are out. both look scary

I don't see the Chargers missing out, but I can see the Saints out.  We saw a regression in their offense late last season and into the playoffs.  Hell if Jeffery did not let a perfect pass go through his hands Eagles may have been playing the Rams.

14 hours ago, bears6385 said:

I don't see the Chargers missing out, but I can see the Saints out.  We saw a regression in their offense late last season and into the playoffs.  Hell if Jeffery did not let a perfect pass go through his hands Eagles may have been playing the Rams.

I can see both missing. Saints looked like a totally different team at the end of the year. 

Chargers have a very very hard schedule. Chiefs twice(who I think are the best regular season team in the league). NFC north, which I think those teams are good(bears, packers, Vikings) and then have the steelers and colts. 3-4, 2-5 seems more "doable" then a 5-2, 6-1 record in that strech

On 6/19/2019 at 10:26 AM, Bacarty2 said:

I don't see the Jets really doing anything with Gase and more so that ownership. 

I don't know the connection, maybe its McDermott, maybe its the defense first mentality but I'm a closet Bills fan. On top of those 2 things I hate the Jets and the Patriots so I'm rooting for the Bills automatically 4 times a year. 

I dont mind the Bills, their defense is good but that offense is just putrid. I really think that they are just going to run the ball, play defense and try not to get into any shoot outs.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:14 PM, Pallidrone said:

I dont mind the Bills, their defense is good but that offense is just putrid. I really think that they are just going to run the ball, play defense and try not to get into any shoot outs.

I don't mind the Bills but I really don't like Allen. It's an irrational dislike but I've not liked him since before he came in to the league. I don't rate him. 

On 6/17/2019 at 8:12 PM, Bacarty2 said:

Theres been at least 5 new playoff teams to make the playoffs who didn't the previous year in 21 out of the last 23 years. 

7 new teams last year. Cowboys, Colts, chargers, ravens, Texans, seahawks and bears. 

There were 8 in 2017....

So I ask, Which 5 "new teams" are in... and which 5 are out.....

1) Texans Out / Browns in

2) Steelers In / Ravens out

3) Cowboys out / Packers in

4) Seahawks out / Falcons In

5) Chargers out / Jaguars In. 

Saw it on ESPN, and it's hard. 

chargers, cowboys, ravens, browns, falcons in this list are in

1) Browns In / Texans Out

2) Steelers In / Ravens Out

3) Vikings In / Bears Out

4) Falcons In / Seahawks out

5) Panthers In / Eagles out

22 hours ago, echosam said:

1) Browns In / Texans Out

2) Steelers In / Ravens Out

3) Vikings In / Bears Out

4) Falcons In / Seahawks out

5) Panthers In / Eagles out

Disagree with #3......Vikings still have Cousins at QB.   Still has not proven he can win a big game.  

Out: Bears (9-7), Seahawks (8-8), Ravens (5-11), Chiefs (10-6 just miss) and that’s it for out

In: Packers/Lions (10-6), Packers/Lions (wildcard), Bengals (9-7), Broncos/Jets (10-6)

Honestly think a few surprise teams will sneak in there with the Bengals, Broncos, and Lions, maybe the Jets get something going.

NFC

1. Saints (13-3)

2. Eagles (11-5)

3. Rams (11-5)

4. Packers (10-6)

5. Lions (10-6)

6. Cowboys (10-6)

AFC 

1. Colts (12-4)

2. Chargers (11-5)

3. Patriots (11-5)

4. Bengals (9-7)