Bacarty2

5 in / 5 out of the playoffs....

2 hours ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Out: Bears (9-7), Seahawks (8-8), Ravens (5-11), Chiefs (10-6 just miss) and that’s it for out

In: Packers/Lions (10-6), Packers/Lions (wildcard), Bengals (9-7), Broncos/Jets (10-6)

Honestly think a few surprise teams will sneak in there with the Bengals, Broncos, and Lions, maybe the Jets get something going.

NFC

1. Saints (13-3)

2. Eagles (11-5)

3. Rams (11-5)

4. Packers (10-6)

5. Lions (10-6)

6. Cowboys (10-6)

AFC 

1. Colts (12-4)

2. Chargers (11-5)

3. Patriots (11-5)

4. Bengals (9-7)

5. Broncos (10-6)

6. Texans (9-7)

Why no love foe the bears? That D? 

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

Why no love foe the bears? That D? 

I think their defense is good, but I expect their offense to struggle a little bit and I think their division has gotten a bit better. I mean, I think they’ll just miss the playoffs by losing a couple close games. 

Probably right about the Cowboys, but I’m a homer so I’ll say...

Bears out/Packers in

Seahawks out/Falcons in

Ravens out/Browns in

Texans out/Titans in

Here’s my big one!

Chiefs out/Raiders in!!

Out: Ravens, Bears, Dallas, Texas

In: Steelers, Packers, Falcons, Jacksonville

Only got 4

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:56 PM, Mrkingofspades said:

I think their defense is good, but I expect their offense to struggle a little bit and I think their division has gotten a bit better. I mean, I think they’ll just miss the playoffs by losing a couple close games. 

Bears defense is a lot better than good with pro bowl and all pro players at every level.   The offense should actually improve in the second year of Nagy's offense.  The running game  is going to be better than last season with four backs that now fit what Nagy wants, and the receivers now have a full year under their belts working with Trubisky which was not the case at this time last year.  The key of course will be Trubisky taking that next step.   I don't know that the division is that much different than last year, Cousins still has to prove he can beat a good team, it is another year where the Pack still has not given Rodgers much offensive help,  and Stafford is still a sub 500 quarterback. 

3 hours ago, bears6385 said:

Bears defense is a lot better than good with pro bowl and all pro players at every level.   The offense should actually improve in the second year of Nagy's offense.  The running game  is going to be better than last season with four backs that now fit what Nagy wants, and the receivers now have a full year under their belts working with Trubisky which was not the case at this time last year.  The key of course will be Trubisky taking that next step.   I don't know that the division is that much different than last year, Cousins still has to prove he can beat a good team, it is another year where the Pack still has not given Rodgers much offensive help,  and Stafford is still a sub 500 quarterback. 

Ok. 

Yeah, the Bears look good on paper. But they have competition in the division with the Vikings looking to regroup, and the Packers (firing McCarthy could be addition by subtraction). The Bears also get one of the tougher schedules going into 2019. It could come down to them losing a game or two to the Saints and/or Rams that puts them just behind the playoff contenders. And don't forget about the double-doink, there's some bad luck swirling about the team. Can they shake it?

So only looking at the list of playoff teams from last year... if you are going to cross one out, there are reasons to pick the Bears.