Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Rival players who should be in the HOF, but aren't

I haven't thought too hard on the subject yet, but the thought came to me as I was driving home from the store and I'm curious to see which rival players (who are currently eligible for induction) that rival fans believe should be in the Hall. So setting rivalries aside, which 'hated rival' players deserve induction?

Phil Simms for instance, is he Hall worthy? I've kind of had him right on the bubble, in my mind. He's pretty similar to Ken Stabler, stat wise, if I remember right.

So, if you had a vote, which rival players from the past would you vote for?

Washington had a terrific O-lineman who keeps getting snubbed, Joe Jacoby. 

Giants - Maybe Tiki Barber, he finished with over 10K yards and I think is their all time leading rusher. 

Brokeback Mountaineers - Probably Darren Woodson. I didn't like him, but he was really good.

12 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Washington had a terrific O-lineman who keeps getting snubbed, Joe Jacoby. 

Giants - Maybe Tiki Barber, he finished with over 10K yards and I think is their all time leading rusher. 

Brokeback Mountaineers - Probably Darren Woodson. I didn't like him, but he was really good.

When I think of Jacoby, I think of this commercial (I grew up in the D.C. area, so I saw all of the commercials that Redskins were in):

20 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Cowboys fans were salty AF when Dawkins made the HoF before Woodson. It was hilarious. :lol:

Having said that, I think Woodson should be in and will get there eventually. 

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:50 PM, Dawkins 20 said:

Having said that, I think Woodson should be in and will get there eventually. 

I don't know. There's not a lot of Safety's that get in and there's at least three who will likely get in before he gets a whiff. One from his era and two from just after his career ended. Those three being John Lynch, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu.

I don't think those three will go in together or even two in the same year, though you never know and I think that they could even be spread out over the course of 5 to 10 years. So Woodson may never get a whiff of the Hall unless he's a paying customer.

I don't say any of that because he was a Cowboy and I'm an Eagles homer, I'm just looking at the 'bigger names' at that position who I think will get in way before he would get any serious consideration.

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know. There's not a lot of Safety's that get in and there's at least three who will likely get in before he gets a whiff. One from his era and two from just after his career ended. Those three being John Lynch, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu.

I don't think those three will go in together or even two in the same year, though you never know and I think that they could even be spread out over the course of 5 to 10 years. So Woodson may never get a whiff of the Hall unless he's a paying customer.

I don't say any of that because he was a Cowboy and I'm an Eagles homer, I'm just looking at the 'bigger names' at that position who I think will get in way before he would get any serious consideration.

I agree, he was a good player but I don’t think he is HOF worthy.