Sign in to follow this  
Boss Hawg

THIS COULD ONLY HAPPEN TO THE RAIDERS - JACOBS HOLDING OUT?

Why does this need to be an issue though? Isn't there like a set amount agreed to pay given the position in the draft he was selected at?

47 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why does this need to be an issue though? Isn't there like a set amount agreed to pay given the position in the draft he was selected at?

Yep, but you know at least one agent will find some sort of loophole.

It says there is a "hangup regarding the payment schedule of his signing bonus." Sounds like JJ wants it sooner than what is in the rules.

Found this on NBC Sports:

It's rare for rookies to find themselves in a contract holdout ever since the rookie wage scale was installed in 2011. Contract values and bonuses are now predetermined. The only wiggle room here is the payment schedule of the signing bonus and if salary guarantees will have offsets.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/josh-jacobs-last-unsigned-raiders-pick-doesnt-want-talk-contract

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The total money is what it is, but how much guaranteed, and other things structured into the contract are not as set in stone.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I’ve heard in the past that the Raiders struggle with the liquid capital necessary to cut signing bonus checks.

I've been so far removed from football this summer that I forgot who Josh Jacobs was for a moment lol.

11 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I've been so far removed from football this summer that I forgot who Josh Jacobs was for a moment lol.

So did I for a moment lol. 

On 7/7/2019 at 3:15 PM, Boss Hawg said:

https://theathletic.com/1064123/2019/07/05/josh-jacobs-is-the-only-unsigned-raiders-draft-pick-is-this-headed-to-a-holdout/

Another good reason the Eagles shouldn't have drafted him. Although the Eagles have a front office that wouldn't let it get this far.

HE prob wants all guarantees being that they are moving to Vegas in the next year or so 

On 7/8/2019 at 5:41 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I had to read the article  to see who he is, LOL.

Which makes it even more stupid of me to even come into this thread. :wacko: