Sign in to follow this  
McNabbIsGone

Zeke Set To Hold Out Of Training Camp?

On 7/17/2019 at 10:01 AM, gch said:

True our head coach is not one of our strengths. JJ loves him and so that something we have to live with. Can he win a SB, time will tell.

Jason Garrett is a bottom tier HC.  10 years ago he was sold as an offensive guru that was so talented they kicked Wade Phillips to the curb to keep him.  Now 10 years and only 2 playoff victories later, what value does he bring to the Cowboys?  His track record says he is not a good CEO and now Kellen Moore is the new hot young guy come to save his offense.

This is easily the biggest problem on the Cowboys right now.  Throw in contract disputes with the entire triplets core and your "defensive leader" is now a bench guy.  Your offensive leader was retired last year.  Where is the leadership on the Cowboys?  Zeke who is holding out?  Dak who is talking about no discounts?

I actually believe that the Cowboys are very slightly more talented than the eagles, with the deciding difference coming at LB.  But the eagles have top of the line leadership from Doug to guys on practically every unit. 

5 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

He has until tomorrow morning to report.

He is a moron if he does not show. He gains nothing by holding out.

Then again he is a moron if he does show as well. 

I love him as a player but he is a moron. I wish he had a personality like Dak. He is selfish and self centered. 

He may be thinking about Murray and that Dallas let him go to Philly because they wouldn’t match the offer. He will get paid sooner or later 

5 hours ago, boogyman said:

Then again he is a moron if he does show as well. 

Some more incidental info on this i.e. $40k per day fine for no-show by tomorrow:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ezekiel-elliott-not-on-team-plane-to-training-camp/ar-AAERcOL?ocid=spartandhp

5 hours ago, gch said:

I love him as a player but he is a moron. I wish he had a personality like Dak. He is selfish and self centered. 

He may be thinking about Murray and that Dallas let him go to Philly because they wouldn’t match the offer. He will get paid sooner or later 

As a Cowboys fan, who would you want to keep if you had to depart with one of them due to the cap (I don't know how the cap and their future contracts would work out, but just hypothetically), Dak or Elliott?

I would have say Dak if I had to pick between them. Zeke just can’t seam to stay out of trouble. Zeke is an amazing talent and Dallas can draft a RB but it would be hard to find one of his talent again. 

Dallas does such a great job in the draft that it leads to so many young players earning big contracts. You can’t pay them all.

This clown wants more then what the Rams gave Gurley. 

$14m+ per.

Do it Jerry.  Please do it.  

On 7/23/2019 at 1:48 PM, dawkins4prez said:

I actually believe that the Cowboys are very slightly more talented than the eagles, with the deciding difference coming at LB.

Couldn’t disagree more.  Yeah, they have the edge at LB but we have more talent and depth at the majority of marquee positions.  LBs aren’t as important as they used to be, either.

3 hours ago, Captain F said:

This clown wants more then what the Rams gave Gurley. 

$14m+ per.

Do it Jerry.  Please do it.  

I think he's a better player than Gurley. Barkley is the only back I would choose ahead of Elliott.

3 hours ago, Hoagie said:

Couldn’t disagree more.  Yeah, they have the edge at LB but we have more talent and depth at the majority of marquee positions.  LBs aren’t as important as they used to be, either.

Really don’t matter when they are close like they are. Dallas schedule is brutal this year with 5 prime time games and on the road against top teams will be a challenge. I haven’t seen Eagles schedule so how is it this year?

4 hours ago, gch said:

Dallas' schedule is brutal this year with 5 prime time games and on the road against top teams will be a challenge.

I haven’t seen Eagles schedule so how is it this year?

I read somewhere it's one of the easier schedules.

4 hours ago, gch said:

I haven’t seen Eagles schedule so how is it this year?

Not that this will be how 2019 will actually play out, 'tough schedule wise', but here's the strength of schedule for the entire league:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-strength-of-schedule-patriots-and-redskins-have-it-easiest-raiders-face-roughest-ride/

Rank

Opponents' combined 2018 record

& win percentage

Oakland Raiders

137-117-2

Denver Broncos

136-117-3

Jacksonville Jaguars

136-120

Houston Texans

135-121

T-5

Chicago Bears

131-121-4

T-5

Kansas City Chiefs

132-122-2

T-7

Atlanta Falcons

132-123-1

T-7

Indianapolis Colts

132-123-1

Tennessee Titans

131-124-1

Minnesota Vikings

130-124-2

San Francisco 49ers

129-124-3

T-12

Arizona Cardinals

129-125-2

T-12

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

130-126 

T-14

Dallas Cowboys

128-126-2

T-14

Green Bay Packers

128-126-2

T-16

Los Angeles Chargers

127-126-3

T-16

Carolina Panthers

128-127-1

Miami Dolphins

127-127-2

T-19

Pittsburgh Steelers

126-128-2

T-19

Detroit Lions

125-127-4

T-19

Baltimore Ravens

125-127-4

New Orleans Saints

125-131

Cleveland Browns

123-131-2

Buffalo Bills

122-132-2

Seattle Seahawks

121-132-3

Philadelphia Eagles

121-133-2

T-27

Cincinnati Bengals

119-133-4

T-27

New York Giants

120-134-2

T-27

New York Jets

120-134-2

T-27

Los Angeles Rams

120-134-2

T-27     

New England Patriots

120-134-2

Washington Redskins

119-135-2

13 hours ago, gch said:

I would have say Dak if I had to pick between them. Zeke just can’t seam to stay out of trouble. Zeke is an amazing talent and Dallas can draft a RB but it would be hard to find one of his talent again. 

Dallas does such a great job in the draft that it leads to so many young players earning big contracts. You can’t pay them all.

You would have thought they would have been in a superbowl or at least a conference championship game recently huh? With all those great young players and such?

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Not that this will be how 2019 will actually play out, 'tough schedule wise', but here's the strength of schedule for the entire league:

I don't see where the cowboys schedule is so brutal. There is like 4 difficult games they have maybe 5. Same as the eagles. 

12 hours ago, boogyman said:

You would have thought they would have been in a superbowl or at least a conference championship game recently huh? With all those great young players and such?

You would think. 

On 7/23/2019 at 12:48 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Jason Garrett is a bottom tier HC.  10 years ago he was sold as an offensive guru that was so talented they kicked Wade Phillips to the curb to keep him.  Now 10 years and only 2 playoff victories later, what value does he bring to the Cowboys?  His track record says he is not a good CEO and now Kellen Moore is the new hot young guy come to save his offense.

This is easily the biggest problem on the Cowboys right now.  Throw in contract disputes with the entire triplets core and your "defensive leader" is now a bench guy.  Your offensive leader was retired last year.  Where is the leadership on the Cowboys?  Zeke who is holding out?  Dak who is talking about no discounts?

I actually believe that the Cowboys are very slightly more talented than the eagles, with the deciding difference coming at LB.  But the eagles have top of the line leadership from Doug to guys on practically every unit. 

Great post. If it weren't for their dysfunction, they'd be the East favorites for sure. Their LBers are just sick (although the Rams did show us how to beat them last year)...Zeke is Zeke and Dak, while not great, is terminally healthy which counts for a lot.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:01 PM, boogyman said:

Not true. He has all the leverage here. The Jones' were idiots to let it get this far, frankly. They talk about extending Dak who doesn't want to give a discount. They give up a first for a wideout. Yet neither one of those guys can really win a lot of games without Elliot.

Zeke is 30% or more of their offense. They are something like 17-3 when he plays and the numbers almost flip completely when he's out. They have NO CHANCE without him, and their window is closing because so many guys need to get paid or they will walk.

I don't blame him for holding out one bit. If he gets an ACL tear in camp, his career is shortened by years and he misses his big payday. 

12 minutes ago, madriver said:

Not true. He has all the leverage here. The Jones' were idiots to let it get this far, frankly. They talk about extending Dak who doesn't want to give a discount. They give up a first for a wideout. Yet neither one of those guys can really win a lot of games without Elliot.

Zeke is 30% or more of their offense. They are something like 17-3 when he plays and the numbers almost flip completely when he's out. They have NO CHANCE without him, and their window is closing because so many guys need to get paid or they will walk.

I don't blame him for holding out one bit. If he gets an ACL tear in camp, his career is shortened by years and he misses his big payday. 

After the 6th I believe he loses a year of service. Add a franchise tag and Dallas controls him through the prime of his career. Leverage my butt.