Sign in to follow this  
McNabbIsGone

Zeke Set To Hold Out Of Training Camp?

On 7/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, Don Corleone said:

If they  don't  fine him . . . is that the message you want to send to the rest of the team?

I think not but then again  . . . maybe fining him would be viewed negatively by the team?

1 minute ago, McNabbIsGone said:

If they  don't  fine him . . . is that the message you want to send to the rest of the team?

I think not but then again  . . . maybe fining him would be viewed negatively by the team?

A lot of times when a team fines a player for being a no show at the start of camp, they end up rescinding the fines after the player and team agree to a new contract. Him being fined or not, doesn't mean much.

8 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

A lot of times when a team fines a player for being a no show at the start of camp, they end up rescinding the fines after the player and team agree to a new contract. Him being fined or not, doesn't mean much.

Gotcha . . . thanks for the insight.

So it depends upon if the  'negotiations'   & player are desired by the team or not.

With someone you're trying to get rid of anyway you'd just fine away.

8 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Gotcha . . . thanks for the insight.

So it depends upon if the  'negotiations'   & player are desired by the team or not.

With someone you're trying to get rid of anyway you'd just fine away.

Of course I could always be wrong lol.

When Marshawn Lynch held out, he reported, the Seahawks gave him more money and I believe they waived the fines for his holdout.

22 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Of course I could always be wrong

Not me, I'm always right. Even when I'm wrong, I'm never wrong... I'm always right.

Have you ever seen me in my message to the Eagles of Philadelphia from a couple years ago?

14 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Zeke's going to Cabo to party.  Jerry is going to wait too long to get these guys signed and then Michael Thomas will sign a top 5 WR deal with the Saints and that will drive the price for Cooper up. I'm loving this.

5 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Zeke's going to Cabo to party.  Jerry is going to wait too long to get these guys signed and then Michael Thomas will sign a top 5 WR deal with the Saints and that will drive the price for Cooper up. I'm loving this.

FWIW, Peter King is saying a deal with Cooper is almost done.

3 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

FWIW, Peter King, is saying a deal with Cooper is almost done.

Let's hope that the Saints get a deal done with Thomas before and that causes Cooper to demand more.

I like Jerry coming out saying he doesn't need Zeke to win... when they use him more than any RB in the league and Dak completely sucked when he was suspended. Incredible 

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

Let's hope that the Saints get a deal done with Thomas before and that causes Cooper to demand more.

Cooper is good but Thomas is a beast. Just think, those 2 games against the Eagles 4th string scrubs and guys fresh off the streets is going to get him a huge payday 

2 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

Cooper is good but Thomas is a beast. Just think, those 2 games against the Eagles 4th string scrubs and guys fresh off the streets is going to get him a huge payday 

There's no question that Michael Thomas deserves more, but he will drive up the market and that could affect Cooper's negotiations unless Cooper signs first.  I want the Cowboys to be cap hamstrung, so drive those costs up.

So, is Zeke going to report eventually? Or is he going full Le'Veon Bell and holdout the entire season?

The Cowboys went out and signed Alfred Morris.

Dallas has made the three an offer but Zeke may not be happy about it. I don’t see Stephen handing him a blank check because they have a lot of guys to sign. If Zeke doesn’t sign then let him walk but good luck finding another team to give him what he wants. Dak deserves a new deal considering what he has been paid the last three years. Stephen Jones is not Santa Clause or his father. He is very good with the salary Cap and manages it well. 

1 hour ago, gch said:

Dallas has made the three an offer but Zeke may not be happy about it. I don’t see Stephen handing him a blank check because they have a lot of guys to sign. If Zeke doesn’t sign then let him walk but good luck finding another team to give him what he wants. Dak deserves a new deal considering what he has been paid the last three years. Stephen Jones is not Santa Clause or his father. He is very good with the salary Cap and manages it well. 

If he does leave someone will pay him. There is always a Jets or Raiders around to pay a guy too much money.

32 minutes ago, boogyman said:

If he does leave someone will pay him. There is always a Jets or Raiders around to pay a guy too much money.

Your probably right. He is an amazing talent and a 10-20 best player in the NFL. Time will tell. 

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Uh oh Jerruh

OJ has the Bronco ready for action.

th?id=OIP.w2SLqMjg2DgRFpsdxJInHQHaEo&pid=Api&P=0&w=257&h=161