Sign in to follow this  
McNabbIsGone

Zeke Set To Hold Out Of Training Camp?

7 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I'm all for dumping on the cowboys but most QBs suck without their top weapons. Actually all of them do with the exception of Brady

Pretty much...

16 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Any chance they trade him? Would love for him to be out of the division

I could see him, or Gordon, going to the Patriots.  They might be willing to pay big money to a RB to help lessen the load of an aging TB12

1 hour ago, Captain F said:

I could see him, or Gordon, going to the Patriots.  They might be willing to pay big money to a RB to help lessen the load of an aging TB12

Patriots have Sony Michel, whom they drafted #31 overall. No chance they will give Zeke big money. It's not their motto.

3 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Any chance they trade him? Would love for him to be out of the division

Little chance, with contract issues nobody will touch him unless they aren’t giving up much in return...and if you’re Dallas, you don’t trade him unless you’re getting a haul 

The Cowboys aren't going to trade Elliott. And frankly, I really don't understand the excitement that Eagles fans seem to be having about the fact that the guy is holding out. It's not really going to make much of a difference at all. The guy is going to eventually come to some agreement with the Cowboys and he's eventually going to be a phenomenal player for them this season, barring an injury. 

Also, the Cowboys are a much better team than most Eagles fans seem to think. Although by the same token, their quarterback is not as good as most Cowboys fans want to believe.

15 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Little chance, with contract issues nobody will touch him unless they aren’t giving up much in return...and if you’re Dallas, you don’t trade him unless you’re getting a haul 

Hershel Walker 2.0

24 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Hershel Walker 2.0

Yeah...I don’t think teams give up those deals for rb’s anymore

25 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

The Cowboys aren't going to trade Elliott. And frankly, I really don't understand the excitement that Eagles fans seem to be having about the fact that the guy is holding out. It's not really going to make much of a difference at all. The guy is going to eventually come to some agreement with the Cowboys and he's eventually going to be a phenomenal player for them this season, barring an injury. 

Also, the Cowboys are a much better team than most Eagles fans seem to think. Although by the same token, their quarterback is not as good as most Cowboys fans want to believe.

Idk, you have some fans that unreasonable about Dak on both sides in dallas .

I think Dallas has a very good young team but do t seem aggressive enough in FA to put them over the top and the coach is an issue 

2 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

One can hope. I'm glad Giants are a mess and wasting Barkley so far

36 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

One can hope. I'm glad Giants are a mess and wasting Barkley so far

Yeah, agreed 

3 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I'm glad Giants are a mess and wasting Barkley so far

Yeah but ya gotta admit: he's fun to watch:

Image result for saquon barkley

5 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Yeah but ya gotta admit: he's fun to watch:

Image result for saquon barkley

Yea the dude can flat out play ball. 

22 hours ago, gch said:

Yea the dude can flat out play ball. 

Yes indeed . . . the only way you beat talent like that is with injury or olde age!

The other thing he does really well is get outside to either side . . . like  really  fast!

I suspect he could overcome poor OL play as well as poor scheming just with his speed.

His "40" time is posted as 4.4 .  It's not  'Deion or Bo Jackson Fast'  but it's pretty fast.

Source: Zeke won't play for Dallas without deal

Representatives for running back Ezekiel Elliott have told Dallas Cowboys that he will not play in the 2019 season without a new contract, a source close to the situation told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Tuesday.

The source added that at this time, it is not likely that Elliott's holdout continues into the regular season, based on the belief that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wants to get a new deal done with the running back before Week 1.

Elliott informed the Cowboys that he would not play without a new contract in January, the source said.

On Monday, former NFL running back Eric Dickerson said on FS1's "Undisputed" that he spoke with Elliott's agent, Rocky Arceneaux. According to Dickerson, Arceneaux said it was possible Elliott would miss part of the regular season but that they didn't want that to happen.

Jones said last week that he thought the front office would reach a deal on a contract extension with Elliott but that it would need to allow the Cowboys to keep all its talent "under the same roof." The Cowboys are also negotiating extensions with quarterback Dak Prescott and wide receiver Amari Cooper.

The owner also said he does not believe there is a time when a deal has to be put in place, such as the start of the regular season.

Since the start of Cowboys training camp, Elliott has been in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, to work out, sources previously told ESPN.

Elliott continues to be subject to a fine of $40,000 per day, and the Cowboys can also come after a prorated portion of his signing bonus. If he does not report before Saturday's preseason opener at the San Francisco 49ers, he could be fined a regular-season game check of roughly $226,000.

He is under contract through 2020 and is set to make $3.853 million this season and $9.09 million next season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27332566/zeke-play-dallas-deal

1 hour ago, Captain F said:

Why do i find so much joy in this? 

Because you, like me, hate the cowboys :D

8 hours ago, Captain F said:

Why do i find so much joy in this? 

I do take some joy in this, but part of me feels it's all going to be for nothing because I fully expect Zeke to get his contract and no fine from the team when all is said and done.

The cowboys offense was a joke last year with Zeke until Amari came 

Dallas's FO screwed up by waiting so long and now 2 out of 3 players will probably want to set the market value. You can't let all 3 of your star players get to this point at the same time. They should've had at least one or two of these deals done several months ago especially before Michael Thomas set the WR market.  The Eagles FO would've extended the players before the market was reset by someone else.