Sign in to follow this  
McNabbIsGone

Zeke Set To Hold Out Of Training Camp?

5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Not only is he under contract, but he’s under contract for 2 more years! I understand RBs want to get paid while they still have some tread on the tires, but at some point these guys will start holding out after their rookie year. 

You know that if he's successful and Barkley flashes like people think he will, he'll follow suit in a couple of years and demand more money.

32 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Zeke has more leverage than Bell

He really doesn't.  Zeke is under contract for 2 more years.  If he sets out this year he is still going to be a Cowboy next year for the same contract minus any fines levied for not reporting.  He would give the Jones money to not play.  This is really all a moot point as they will reach an agreement before the start of the season, but it will not be the deal he is screaming for.  He does not hold all the leverage. If I am not mistaken  Bell set out a tag year and was free to pursue a new team the next year. A little different secernio.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You know that if he's successful and Barkley flashes like people think he will, he'll follow suit in a couple of years and demand more money.

Yup of course. The difference is Barkley is great both on and off the field. Zeke is knucklehead and potentially more trouble than he’s worth. 

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know about that Barkley isn't a straight up arse like bell and Zeke. Barkley was raised right and knows the value of hard work and earning everything. 

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know about that Barkley isn't a straight up arse like bell and Zeke. Barkley was raised right and knows the value of hard work and earning everything. 

But in many cases, players listen to their agents. Plus, if he were to believe that he worked hard and earned a huge pay raise in year 4, he might feel justified in doing what Ewok is doing, especially if Ewok gets a huge pay raise out of this.

8 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

One injury scare could also change a guys perspective quick. 4 or 5 years is a long time for a RB in the NFL.

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

But in many cases, players listen to their agents. Plus, if he were to believe that he worked hard and earned a huge pay raise in year 4, he might feel justified in doing what Ewok is doing, especially if Ewok gets a huge pay raise out of this.

That's true but, Barkley is a good kid and I would think the Giants would take care of him before had to hold out. I would hope so anyways

3 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That's true but, Barkley is a good kid and I would think the Giants would take care of him before had to hold out. I would hope so anyways

On Barkleys side is the fact that the Giants have very few players worth any significant amount of money anyway. They might as well give him half the cap.

3 hours ago, boogyman said:

Another day, another Dallas suspension lol.

Zeke is NOT suspended, he's holding out. There's a difference.

Just now, Sportsdude360 said:

Zeke is NOT suspended, he's holding out. There's a difference.

Not talking about Zeke. Just didnt want to start another Dallas thread. Besides, they have prime time games right?

2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Besides, they have prime time games right?

The only prime time game I'm interested in is played in late January. But that won't happen if Zeke doesn't play.

26 minutes ago, Sportsdude360 said:

The only prime time game I'm interested in is played in late January. But that won't happen if Zeke doesn't play.

No I meant guys dont get suspended if the team has a bunch of prime time games right? Is that not what you said right before Zeke got suspended last time?

On 7/18/2019 at 8:26 PM, pisceschica said:

Cowboys fans are funny. Until the cowboys do  win a super bowl no one cares about how talented they are :sleep:

The boys have fielded some great teams over the Prescott/romo era but all they have to show for it is a 3-5 playoff record and 7 straight losses in divisional round 

But they have those 5 Lombardis...

15 hours ago, boogyman said:

No I meant guys dont get suspended if the team has a bunch of prime time games right? Is that not what you said right before Zeke got suspended last time?

Considering Goodell's hatred for Jerry Jones, it wouldn't surprise me if he suspended the entire Cowboys roster for 6 games.

2 minutes ago, Sportsdude360 said:

Considering Goodell's hatred for Jerry Jones, it wouldn't surprise me if he suspended the entire Cowboys roster for 6 games.

So what’s the downside here? :unsure:

1 hour ago, Sportsdude360 said:

Considering the Cowboys usual behavior, it wouldn't surprise me if they all got 10 games.

Dallas shouldn't pay Zeke or Prescott what they are asking for. 

1. You just don't give a massive second contract to a RB, especially one Dallas has been running into the ground for 3 years. You also don't waste a top 5 pick on a RB, but that ship has sailed. He wants to sit out and not be paid? Let him. The only thing I would consider is an adjustment to this year's salary -- bump it up nicely. But no long term deal with big guaranteed $$$. Let him play out his 5th year option and then use the tag -- which keeps going lower for RBs -- for 2 years if he hasn't broken down. Just look at Gurley for a reason not to give him a big deal. Dallas controls him, he can't walk or play anywhere else. I'd offer the raise for this year so he can save face, no more. If not, well, here's the reason you invested all those picks and $$$ in an OL -- so you can put an average RB behind it and succeed. 

2. The Dak thing is just hysterical. No chance in hell I extend him for $30mm plus per year. And this isn't about who is better -- Dak or Wentz. This is about, none of the other 31 teams would dream of giving Dak that kind of money if he became a FA. So let him play it out, see the market is more like $25mm, and then re-sign him. 

Of course, I hope and pray they are dumb enough to give massive guarantees to both these guys...but they really shouldn't.

17 hours ago, westcoast_cj said:

But they have those 5 Lombardis...

Thank goodness the salary cap, free agency, and Jerry’s ego put an end to that..

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Just read somewhere Dak just turned down a 30 million a year offer from Dallas.

Image result for excellent

These arseholes act like bad things (injuries) aren’t allowed to happen to them until they get a huge paycheck

its BS

its also part of the game, sh!t happens 

how many dudes have gotten injured that coulda been super stars? A lot over the years 

these stupid b!tches now just can’t accept that it’s the risk they take playing this game