Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

Giants WR Golden Tate appealing 4 game suspension

Eli might consider retirement at this point considering the Giants have no WRs.  The Giants might consider just starting Jones the whole year to just tank the season so they can get the top pick in the draft.

What are the odds it happened to them. Half the players in the league with disgruntled agents play for the Cowboys, and half the problems with WRs are occurring in NY.

15 minutes ago, Havenless said:

What are the odds it happened to them. Half the players in the league with disgruntled agents play for the Cowboys, and half the problems with WRs are occurring in NY.

The Curse of Odell or The Curse of Gettleman is in effect.

Giants are a train wreck and the season hasn’t even started. It’s going to be a disaster for them. They better hope Jones can play or that will set them back for years.

Robert Mathis used the fertility drug excuse for his suspension.  Not like this unknown territory.

I respect Tate and was bummed to see him sign with the Giants. At the end of the day you know you are responsible for what goes in your body when playing in the NFL. This leaves the Giants WR situation in a mess to start the season and I was really hoping they could steal a win against Dallas. 

3 hours ago, pencil face said:

Giants have no WRs... FML..

That’s ok. They don’t have a QB to throw to them anyway. 

:whistle:

4 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

When it rains, it pours.

We know that all too well. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, pencil face said:

Giants have no WRs... FML..

You can always cross over to the good side of the force and do what you know you've always wanted to do... become an Eagles fan... like @Stephen1 did.

Eagles gave up draft pick for this guy , right ?  ...didn't do much

So Eli is going to sit back there, take big hits because that OL still isn't great and have nobody to throw to? All the while the team will ride Barkley in to the ground. Perfect. Fantastic.

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Just like Lane a few years ago. 

Just like (insert player name here) when testing positive for PED's

With or without Tate, the Giants have all the characterisctics of what will be a "field goal offense".  A team that consistently picks up 20-40 yards per drive but struggles to punch it in and can't create enough easy scores.  The defense on the OTOH, looks like the opposite.  Young guys will make some big plays and flash for a drive or two but ultimately have too many big play breakdowns against them. If you play fantasy football, make sure you draft Rosas, he will have a huge year.

This division is headed for its biggest haves and haves not year since the 80's.  Eagles and Cowboys could both hit 12 wins, Skins and Giants could both hit 12 losses.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

With or without Tate, the Giants have all the characterisctics of what will be a "field goal offense".

I'd go more with a "punt offense" myself... 😊

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd go more with a "punt offense" myself... 😊

Nah, they won't be as bad as Washington.  They will run the ball well with Barkley behind emerging star Hernandez.  Eli is still an effective short range thrower who has Tate/Sheppard/Engram.  They will get first downs but the lack of outside threats and Eli's diminished deep pocket skills will keep them from scoring in bunches.

These appeals almost never work, no matter how much you feel bad for Tate if what he said above is true. However he seemed very forthcoming and reported himself. If that is also true, I do feel the NFL should reduce (not remove) the suspension. Otherwise what value is there of having a player come forward. He would of been better off not saying anything and hope he didn't get tested then, or it be out of his system already when he does get tested. It would actually be more advantageous to him to not say anything.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Nah, they won't be as bad as Washington.  They will run the ball well with Barkley behind emerging star Hernandez.  Eli is still an effective short range thrower who has Tate/Sheppard/Engram.  They will get first downs but the lack of outside threats and Eli's diminished deep pocket skills will keep them from scoring in bunches.

They won't have Tate for 4 games though it would seem... And teams will be better prepared to deal with Engram so they best hope for a huge Sheppard year. 

2 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

These appeals almost never work, no matter how much you feel bad for Tate if what he said above is true. However he seemed very forthcoming and reported himself. If that is also true, I do feel the NFL should reduce (not remove) the suspension. Otherwise what value is there of having a player come forward. He would of been better off not saying anything and hope he didn't get tested then, or it be out of his system already when he does get tested. It would actually be more advantageous to him to not say anything.

Can't they get a waiver for a lot of things if they just ask before?