Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

Giants WR Golden Tate appealing 4 game suspension

They have basically nothing at WR. Would you offer a division rival someone for a pick or let them wallow in their problem? 

37 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

They have basically nothing at WR. Would you offer a division rival someone for a pick or let them wallow in their problem? 

I'd trade them Agholor tomorrow. I really do NOT want them to have the #1 pick at any time over the next two years. The further away they are from possibly getting Trevor Lawrence, the better. And our offense would be fine without him, we can't even have most of our current weapons on the field at the same time.

If not for Trevor Lawrence, then I'd be fine with them suffering, but considering that, yeah, no thanks. lol

2 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I'd trade them Agholor tomorrow. I really do NOT want them to have the #1 pick at any time over the next two years. The further away they are from possibly getting Trevor Lawrence, the better. And our offense would be fine without him, we can't even have most of our current weapons on the field at the same time.

If not for Trevor Lawrence, then I'd be fine with them suffering, but considering that, yeah, no thanks. lol

I doubt they draft a QB next year no matter how bad they are this season.

32 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Yeah no.

I have seen way to many "trade Ertz" and "trade Agholor" posts this offseason.

Just now, boogyman said:

I have seen way to many "trade Ertz" and "trade Agholor" posts this offseason.

Same here. The coaches have said that Nelly has a role in the offense. Trading Ertz is beyond ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Same here. The coaches have said that Nelly has a role in the offense. Trading Ertz is beyond ridiculous. 

Nelly was, for lack of a better term, an "X factor" in quite a few games in 2017. Last year, injury at WR forced him to play a role he does not excel at but I expect him to play a big part in the upcoming season.

I cannot for the life of me even consider why we'd consider trading Ertz. That shouldn't even be a consideration.  

As for you Boogeyman, don't get me wrong, I agree, but after the Cardinals did what they did, and how Trevor is considered a generational prospect, I don't even want a chance he goes to the NFC East. I feel the Tyler Murray ordeal gives them an excuse.  We're in a position where we have one of the best QBs when healthy in the NFL, with a window that should be open as long as we can keep him upright and play decent pass Defense. 

I don't really don't want him to have to duel that guy twice a year. 

5 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I cannot for the life of me even consider why we'd consider trading Ertz. That shouldn't even be a consideration.  

As for you Boogeyman, don't get me wrong, I agree, but after the Cardinals did what they did, and how Trevor is considered a generational prospect, I don't even want a chance he goes to the NFC East. I feel the Tyler Murray ordeal gives them an excuse.  We're in a position where we have one of the best QBs when healthy in the NFL, with a window that should be open as long as we can keep him upright and play decent pass Defense. 

Trading  Nelly is not going to prevent them from being hot garbage again this year. It is not a good idea to give them one of our key pieces just so they might not get a player you don't want them to get

2 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I kinda chuckle at the idea of trading an important piece of our offense to a rival because he might help them win enough games to not ba able to draft a certain QB. That whole idea is a mess for a bunch of reasons.

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

I kinda chuckle at the idea of trading an important piece of our offense to a rival because he might help them win enough games to not ba able to draft a certain QB. That whole idea is a mess for a bunch of reasons.

Basically what I said lol

On 7/28/2019 at 3:20 PM, flyeagles said:

Eagles gave up draft pick for this guy , right ?  ...didn't do much

They won a playoff game, and if Brandon Brooks doesn't go down, they make it to the NFCCG and probably the SB.  Do not judge Howie on this

14 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Basically what I said lol

Yeah I responded before scrolling all the way down

4 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Trading  Nelly is not going to prevent them from being hot garbage again this year. It is not a good idea to give them one of our key pieces just so they might not get a player you don't want them to get

I don't consider him a key piece, personally. I think we're in a situation where there's too many mouths to feed overall. He could become a key piece, mind you, by going all Victor Cruz, but right now I feel we're going to be spreading the ball around enough that he won't be particularly key.

If I considered him a key piece, like Ertz, I wouldn't be saying this.

This is just my thought process though, I'm sure others disagree. But there's certain things that I think are best for our SB chances. Seems no one else is too worried about that possibility, though.

...I just hope some team, like the Raiders, decides to be worse.

52 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I don't consider him a key piece, personally. I think we're in a situation where there's too many mouths to feed overall. He could become a key piece, mind you, by going all Victor Cruz, but right now I feel we're going to be spreading the ball around enough that he won't be particularly key.

If I considered him a key piece, like Ertz, I wouldn't be saying this.

This is just my thought process though, I'm sure others disagree. But there's certain things that I think are best for our SB chances. Seems no one else is too worried about that possibility, though.

...I just hope some team, like the Raiders, decides to be worse.

:wacko:

1 hour ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

How is trading Nelson better for our Super Bowl chances?

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Because apparently that will make the Giants good enough not to draft a QB that will beat us?? 

17 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Because the trade will smell green and sound between 7 and 14.

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'm more talking about longevity. Like I feel, personally, we have a good Super Bowl duration window as long as we avoid injuries to important positions. I'm implying that in the long term, I think it'd protect our interests.

Of course, I can understand the flip side of it. I personally understand there's a lot of if with the situation. You know, like him actually coming out this year, and then actually being good in the NFL...

But after seeing what's happened to the AFC East year after year after year, and also to the AFC South when Manning was there, it does at least make me pause. A lot of really, really good players come to the NFC East, and while I do honestly feel many of the other teams have consistently botched use of them many, many times over, I don't think we can always rely on that.

I don't mind disagreeing with people though, personally speaking. I just don't find Nelson anywhere near as valuable as people think in this scenario. I was a big Matthews fan while he was here, and before the draft, but I think this scenario is similar to that one.

I understand you guys aren't scared by so many what ifs, though. I just want long term success, and more championships, and I think barring any Quarterback Shaped Bombs, we're in the driver's seat for the next several years, barring injury.

It’s good to think 5 steps ahead.  

Trading away some of our talent to make the Giants incrementally better so they don’t have the number one pick is exactly one step too many to think ahead.

What the hell are you guys talking about? The Eagles and Giants are not trading with each other. 

Oh and you can keep Agholor. We already have two guys at that position that are better. We need a deep threat. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

What the hell are you guys talking about? The Eagles and Giants are not trading with each other. 

Oh and you can keep Agholor. We already have two guys at that position that are better. We need a deep threat. 

Sheppard has not proven at any moment that he is better than Agholor.  They have proven to be pretty dead even.

23 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

It was only one guy really. At least I hope so.