Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

Giants WR Golden Tate appealing 4 game suspension

23 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

What the hell are you guys talking about? The Eagles and Giants are not trading with each other. 

Oh and you can keep Agholor. We already have two guys at that position that are better. We need a deep threat. 

It was only one guy really. At least I hope so.

Short of a kings ransom, Agholor's best value is to stay on this team. It will probably lead to a difficult decision next off-season, but I'd rather deal with that then letting talent go on this team for a draft pick. This team is loaded through and through and poised for another run.

And a bit more on topic, I don't think the Giants win many games with Golden Tate, so I don't see this suspension completely crippling them, they were already two feet in the grave to begin with.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Don Corleone, any insight on Joe Banners tweet about this impacting our comp pick ??

I'll ask around

Didn't need to ask around, it was already out there.

I'm bummed this suspension was upheld. I was really looking forward to seeing Tate and Shepard on the field at the same time against Dallas. I think they create difficult match ups. 

The only upside here is the financial flexibility it creates for the Giants. The suspension voids all guarantees on his contract for 2020 (non was guaranteed after that). So this could essentially be a one year deal if the Giants choose to go that route, not a 4 year deal. 

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

That’s gonna be difficult to prove. I sympathize with him and understand he may not have thought much of it but he still responsible to know everything he is putting in his body. 

9 hours ago, pisceschica said:

That’s gonna be difficult to prove. I sympathize with him and understand he may not have thought much of it but he still responsible to know everything he is putting in his body. 

No need to sympathize. He knew exactly what he was doing. He just happened to get caught. This is a big blow for a team that needed to get off to a good start. I REALLY like him as a player, but I’m happy he’s losing millions of dollars. 

24 minutes ago, ggs5008 said:

I guess the giants will be picking up whatever WR we cut huh

Are the Eagles stacked at WR? They'll be better players available coming off other rosters or still in FA. Hell some of our young guys might be better. 

59 minutes ago, GA4M said:

We'll be fine with what we have, nothing out there has much value anyway.

Will you? With a below average receiving corps and a corpse at QB? 😊

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Will you? With a below average receiving corps and a corpse at QB? 😊

Most of the poor QB play comes from the bad O-line play for years, that's much better. then the fact we have one of, if not the best RB in the game. I'm looking forward to watching whole games this year instead of turning it off at the half. oh, and if Jones does start......we got this division!!!:lol:

5 minutes ago, GA4M said:

Most of the poor QB play comes from the bad O-line play for years, that's much better. then the fact we have one of, if not the best RB in the game. I'm looking forward to watching whole games this year instead of turning it off at the half. oh, and if Jones does start......we got this division!!!:lol:

Hey nothing like a bit of optimism. I fear for you that it's misguided but all power to you. 

7 hours ago, GA4M said:

Eli is flat out shell shocked, as in David Carr shell shocked.  The O-Line was really bad, but Eli made it even worse by playing to phantom pressure.  This has been very apparent for at least 3 years and Odell was 100% correct when he insinuated that he extended Eli's career.

Im not saying Eli is no longer NFL caliber, just like any good backup he can hurt you if you keep him clean.  But this is a guy who's defining trait was courage in the pocket and now its his defining weakness.  I have no idea how any Giants fan would want to see a single more game of Eli at Qb.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:08 AM, BKLYNYG said:

No need to sympathize. He knew exactly what he was doing. He just happened to get caught. This is a big blow for a team that needed to get off to a good start. I REALLY like him as a player, but I’m happy he’s losing millions of dollars. 

If he truly didn't know and his 'story' is 100% legit, then I sympathize with him for the 'mistake'. But, he has to be responsible for what he puts into his body.