Don Corleone

Antonio Brown turmoil related to unhappiness over helmet

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Who knows the NFL is definitely not consistent with any of this stuff. 

Very true.

17 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Once again the NFL picks and chooses who they want to punish... I remember when Adrian Peterson was lashing his kids nuts and there was no clear ruling on this at the time but, they made him exempt and wouldn't allow him to play till it was figured out. Now we have this with AB and the thing with tyreke hill and they don't even wait to have it play out they just get to play and get more money. 

Goodell has made the owners a crap ton of money but he's completely botched punishments for offenses. There's so many negative things that have happened during his time as commissioner lol

19 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Goodell has made the owners a crap ton of money but he's completely botched punishments for offenses. There's so many negative things that have happened during his time as commissioner lol

I don't buy that at all.  I know we have a knee jerk reaction to give credit to to whoever happens to be the president of the company no matter what, but I don't understand what he has done other than ride the wave of what was already there.  He just barely survived, through lawsuits and clumsy rules mishaps to get the league through the CTE awareness era.  He's been kicked in the nuts so many times with his disciplinary measures.  NFL Network leaves meat on the bone, TNF just sucks, something we endure.  NFLPA is the same whipped dog it has been since Rozelle/tagliabue...

What has he done?  Id say Fantasy Football is way, way, way more responsible for the increase in value than Goodell.  I don;t think Goodell is any more responsible for the added success than the president of f'ing Nutella (a totally crap spanish company that just lucked into hipster goodwill).

22 hours ago, mike030270 said:

And thats why he will stay in office no matter how much fans complain

I’d argue that GAMBLING has made the owners a ton of money despite their best efforts to screw things up.

Antonio Brown loses helmet endorsement amid rape allegations

https://nypost.com/2019/09/14/antonio-brown-loses-helmet-endorsement-amid-rape-allegations/#content-wrapper

Helmet manufacturer Xenith cut ties with embattled Patriots receiver Antonio Brown this week amid allegations that he raped his former trainer– ending a deal that lasted less than two weeks.

"Xenith has decided to end our relationship with Antonio Brown,” the company said Friday in a statement. "We look forward to seeing the Xenith Shadow worn by football athletes at all levels of play this fall.”

It’s unclear if the company cut ties with Brown because of the allegations or because he’s wearing a different helmet.

On Sept. 4, Brown lost a grievance he filed to wear an outdated Schutt brand helmet, and that same day Xenith announced its partnership, UPI reported.

Brown will now wear the Schutt Air XP model, NBC Sports  reported.

Xenith also has deals with running backs Nick Chubb of the Cleveland Browns and the Buffalo Bills’ Frank Gore.

Brown was accused in a lawsuit filed Tuesday of sexually assaulting Britney Taylor in 2017 and 2018.

Despite the allegations, Brown was cleared to play for the Patriots Sunday in Miami.

6 hours ago, DMMVP said:

Pats are scum, I hope he blows that team up this season 

I think the most we can hope for is that he ends up banned. I don't think anyone can go in and blow that team up.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the most we can hope for is that he ends up banned. I don't think anyone can go in and blow that team up.

Exactly, Patriots probably don't even care if brown wants to be jackarse. They I'll just cut him and they still go about their business like they always have for the last 20 years. 

I’m confused on that. So the lost endorsement isn’t from the helmet company he’s using right now?

I can understand why the patriots have said they wouldn't have signed him if they had known about the allegations(and it's important to remember they are just that) before hand. But the think I can't understand is why he's still play now that they know about them ? 

Also, Ian rappaport said on NFL game day morning that there was a rookie NFL player who was a witness to one the incidents. So, while they are still allegations it seems at least on one of the alleged incidents there is a third party to it.

50 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly, Patriots probably don't even care if brown wants to be jackarse. They I'll just cut him and they still go about their business like they always have for the last 20 years. 

Exactly. The way the Pats are I feel like they can take these risks and ultimately they won't be affected by a problem child here and there. 

42 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

I can understand why the patriots have said they wouldn't have signed him if they had known about the allegations(and it's important to remember they are just that) before hand. But the think I can't understand is why he's still play now that they know about them ?

Also, Ian rappaport said on NFL game day morning that there was a rookie NFL player who was a witness to one the incidents. So, while they are still allegations it seems at least on one of the alleged incidents there is a third party to it.

Most likely because they now have $9 Million guaranteed tied into him. I don't know how his contract is structured as far as how easily they can get out of it, but that's the most likely reason.

The NFL needs to investigate the Pats for tampering. If the Pats tampered and encouraged insubordinate behavior towards another organization, it would be the worst thing that the Pats have done.  They should lose their first round picks for at least 5 years if they are guilty of it.  It looks like the NFL is just going to ignore the possibility of tampering and not even investigate it.  He goes to NE and they don't give him #84 and he accepts it and takes #17. If the Raiders didn't give him #84, he would've had a fit about it.

2 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I’m confused on that. So the lost endorsement isn’t from the helmet company he’s using right now?

No, he's using a different helmet. He was going to use their helmet, but either changed his mind or switched because they dropped him.

On 9/8/2019 at 12:09 PM, boogyman said:

FB_IMG_1567958896424.jpg

Can't unsee

It’s like he is trying to go to jail. I was reading the comments to the story and can’t believe people are defending this dude. What the F is wrong with people? 

3 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

AB has been released by the Pats

I think the intimidating text messages that he sent the rape accusation victim was the nail in the coffin. This guy is an outright peice of sh't