Don Corleone

Antonio Brown turmoil related to unhappiness over helmet

On 8/9/2019 at 6:33 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

All will be forgiven when he lights up the field. But this guy is T.O level drama. It's all so unnecessary and too much baggage for the talent.

He really is this decade's TO.  Beat me to it.

6 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I thought the team provides all of the gear...:unsure:

He's looking for the same type of helmet he wore with the Steelers. The league told him, that if he could find one newer than 10 years old, he would be allowed to use it. So, he's searching high and low for one.

I'm sure I have a Raiders helmet that I got out of a $0.25 bubblegum machine that I can trade him. It'll be from the 70's though, with a 2 bar facemask...

They have to just deal with it right? I figure he cost too much to cut and this public meltdown probably doesn't look good to other teams

Mental illness isn't usually this funny.

Pretty clear by now that the helmet is in fact, deficient in preventing head trauma.  Sure as heck didn't work for AB.

Guilty:sad:

I think that was Mayocks nice way of publicly telling Brown to grow up and come to work

I'm really curious on what happens

This story is just unbelievable. So if we're getting the timeline and events right: 1.) Former players sue the league over head trauma injuries 2.) League takes proper protocols to ensure that helmets are as safe and efficient as they can possibly be while not allowing older versions to be worn because they don't pass trauma tests 3.) Player and some people in the media are upset at the league for looking after his well-being and are pushing for him to wear the non-approved helmet.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. This is what happens when the league gets sued over player safety and makes national headlines with people calling for the abolition of the sport. You can't have it both ways.

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

I'm really curious on what happens 

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:35 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else REALLY want to see him doing sit-ups in his driveway at some point?

4 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Id still take him.  

I was on that train but I've gotten off since this crap. Only a matter of time before he really snaps mentally

11 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I was on that train but I've gotten off since this crap. Only a matter of time before he really snaps mentally

I was at the station, sitting on a bench, watching the trains go by... eating popcorn.

Roethlisberger may be the most underrated QB in the league.

1000 yard seasons by WRs under Roethlisberger

Hines Ward - 3 in 8 seasons  (including both years Ward started  all 16 games)

• 3 in 6 seasons before Ben took over

Santonio Holmes - 1 in 4 seasons

• 0 in 5 seasons after Ben got him paid in New York

Mike Wallace - 2 in 4 seasons

• 1 in 6 seasons after Ben got him paid in Miami

Antonio Brown  - 7 in  9 seasons

• Mean old Ben getting him the ball and getting him paid in Pittsburgh and Oakland

JuJu Smith-Schuster - 1 in 2 seasons

• Plus he had 917 in 14 games as a rookie (7 starts)

Plaxico Burress - 698 in 11 games at 19.9 a catch (1000 yard pace if healthy)

• He put up big numbers before and after Ben but Ben helped get him paid in New York

Add in guys like Martavis Bryant and Emmanuel Sanders and you've got a bunch of WRs who play with Ben, get to showcase their skills, and then get paid either in Pittsburgh or elsewhere. He wins a ton of games and has gotten to 3 Super Bowls. 

You can give credit to Pittsburgh's front office, scouts,, and coaches but the QB is the one who gets the ball to all those guys.

1 hour ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Mayock is a fraud and the Raiders are going to be trash

That feels without doubt to me. I mean as a media guy I don't mind Gruden but as a HC? Man you watch him on Hard Knocks and he just comes across as a joke.