Don Corleone

Antonio Brown turmoil related to unhappiness over helmet

52 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

One game is enough to wipe out almost $30 Million in guaranteed money. Assuming that the suspension happens and is upheld upon appeal, the Raiders could cut him and walk away free and clear (cap wise).

Man that would be awesome. I'm all for players doing what they have to do to get paid, but once they do, they should live up to the contract. If he never makes another dollar in the NFL that would be great. 

Brown should write a book during his suspension titled: ‘’How to make a great first impression.’’

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Man what a mess.

Remember when people wanted Brown here?

I think its something with Oakland itself. I think he doesnt want to be there, at all. So, he acts the fool, gets himself released, then picks where he wants to play. This level of crazy doesnt usually come on this fast. Somethings up. 

28 minutes ago, Captain F said:

This level of crazy doesnt usually come on this fast. Somethings up. 

Pittsburgh may have just been good at masking it.

14 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Pittsburgh may have just been good at masking it.

That's what I think. I mean the raiders historically have gravitated towards colourful players but those days are gone and players who were characters in the NFL are now seen as disruptive.  

I thought Antonio Brown was on his way to smashing a bunch of WR records with his pace, but now I'm wondering if he's likely to ever play a down again in the NFL.

If he does get cut, a team will take a chance on him. But, Brown is probably in it for the money now. If he gets cut from the Raiders, there will be no more big contracts for him ever again in the NFL. No team is risking that capital on him.

16 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

I thought Antonio Brown was on his way to smashing a bunch of WR records with his pace, but now I'm wondering if he's likely to ever play a down again in the NFL.

If he does get cut, a team will take a chance on him. But, Brown is probably in it for the money now. If he gets cut from the Raiders, there will be no more big contracts for him ever again in the NFL. No team is risking that capital on him.

One good year stat wise and good year behavior wise he will get a offer from said team. He may not go to a contender when cut but good behavior and stats will lead him to money

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Steelers fans have to be loving this.

And broncos fans

and chiefs fans

And chargers fans

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Whatever his guaranteed money, and the draft capital given up for him have to be the only things keeping him employed right now. Threatening to hit the GM in the face is pretty bold.

I thought Mayock was doing a PC soon about this?

4 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

Was TO a saint when he was with the eagles ?No he wasn’t but he was never this level of idiocy either. 

He probably would. Didn't have all of the social media stuff we do now

2 hours ago, Captain F said:

I think its something with Oakland itself. I think he doesnt want to be there, at all. So, he acts the fool, gets himself released, then picks where he wants to play. This level of crazy doesnt usually come on this fast. Somethings up. 

Something snapped in his brain. What contender would take him after his meltdown he's had this offseason? He only hurt himself

13 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I thought Mayock was doing a PC soon about this?

He probably would. Didn't have all of the social media stuff we do now

Something snapped in his brain. What contender would take him after his meltdown he's had this offseason? He only hurt himself

Mayock  already had a short and sweet presser. John gruden spoke earlier and said there would be an announcement about AB later.

44 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Whatever his guaranteed money, and the draft capital given up for him have to be the only things keeping him employed right now. Threatening to hit the GM in the face is pretty bold.

Id punch alot of people in the face for $30m

It’s not been said yet whether they told him to stay home or he no showed.  His absence alone is what leads to the speculation of a suspension.  Nobody has said they intend to suspend him except unnamed sources which we know are bogus.  For all we know he’ll be back tomorrow.  

As for unfriending raiders and Carr....that’s likely because his feed is blowing up with all the tags so he just muted the noise .

47 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

This didn’t start this offseason. He’s been costing himself money since Day 1. He’s such a punk that he was drafted in the 6th round.

49 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Its pretty stupid. Threatening anyone with violence could get him a league suspension.

I wish we had some regular Steelers (and Raiders) fans here, I'd like to see what they'd think of all this.

I know that ultimately Antonio brown is responsible for his own actions but I think he's getting some bad advice from people around him. The helmet grievance, the first one which he lost should have been the end of that issue. The raiders said they had exhausted all the avenues, and we had his agent saying they hadn't and they were working with the league. The issue was cut and dry on the helmet but we got another go at that and shock horror he lost again. 

He seems to take things that aren't meant or designed to be personal, as a personal affront to him. Why he does this I don't know but he isn't being helped.

7 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

This didn’t start this offseason. He’s been costing himself money since Day 1. He’s such a punk that he was drafted in the 6th round.

He was like this with the Steelers? Didn't know

3 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

He was like this with the Steelers? Didn't know

Well it might have been happening with the steelers but they kept it for the most part under wraps. The raiders have never really done that.

It has been coming out that the Steelers covered up a lot of the turmoil that this clown caused when there. 

You thought TO was bad.....AB is apparently actually on another level. My guess is a combination of speculative cocaine abuse, extreme narcissism, extreme entitlement, and extreme low IQ. Also to blame are college administrations and NFL teams that enable such behavior because he can run fast and catch a ball. Bottom line...he is a POS.

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Man that would be awesome. I'm all for players doing what they have to do to get paid, but once they do, they should live up to the contract. If he never makes another dollar in the NFL that would be great. 

Agreed. This guy is exemplary of exceeding expectations after getting paid.

Image result for albert haynesworth gif

33 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

I know that ultimately Antonio brown is responsible for his own actions but I think he's getting some bad advice from people around him. The helmet grievance, the first one which he lost should have been the end of that issue. The raiders said they had exhausted all the avenues, and we had his agent saying they hadn't and they were working with the league. The issue was cut and dry on the helmet but we got another go at that and shock horror he lost again. 

He seems to take things that aren't meant or designed to be personal, as a personal affront to him. Why he does this I don't know but he isn't being helped.

I also think that's a significant factor. Did you hear the story about his chef?