Don Corleone

Antonio Brown turmoil related to unhappiness over helmet

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

AB might be crazy, but I'd play him over keeping Mayock at GM too. :ph34r:

The team will never win under Gruden either. He proved he has no idea how to build teams after he dismantled Dungy's team. This is a guy who really has a thing for Nathan Peterman...who despite sucking in the preseason, despite being injured was still kept on the roster. Derek Carr still has potential (and looked good for a few seasons) but he is going nowhere under a coach who hyped up QB like Peterman, Chris Simms (over Aaron Rodgers), Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel. Gruden is one of the worst evaluators of talent and combine that with a GM who was your average television draft guru and the team is going to never win. 

1 hour ago, Jason1978 said:

The worst run franchise in the NFL. Gave Gruden a 10 year deal and I  guess they forgot how he destroyed the Buccaneers after winning with Dungy's team. Some Bucs players even discredited him for their SB in. They hire the Mel Kiper of the NFL Network to be their GM. They are moving to Vegas...which is 9 `1/2 hrs away from Oakland and 4 1/2 hrs away from LA yet normally when teams relocate, fans are angry, protest, boycott yet Raiders fans supporting this. 

This team has let Brown get his way all preseason and now are doing it again. 

I was with you throughout your post, however that's highly insulting and flat out incorrect to call Mike Mayock the "Mel Kiper" of the NFL Network.

If you want to point at someone for their buffoonery, then look no further than Michael Irvin.

So with what the raiders have done by getting AB to give a statement saying sorry(which I don't believe one word of btw) for threatening to hit the GM of the team, they have said other players on the team can do the same. 

Would jeff Lurie allow any player to threaten howie roseman like AB and they still play for eagles ? I believe and hope they wouldn't. 

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

pretty underhanded on Brown's part, I can't stand Gruden, but recording the phone call w/o his knowledge...it's just Fing wrong.

I think he's forced the Raiders hand here.

30 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Man he's highly immature and just absolutely consumed with himself. Since his college days he felt he's been larger than life. Where the hell did he get that mentality?

The NFL needs to step in and suspend him, if the racist remark accusation is true. Had it been the other way, Mayock would have been suspended, if not fired.

Gruden is quickly losing any kind of legitimacy that he might have.  He's being made to look like a joke.

Once he threatened the GM, he should've been cut.  End of story.   That Burfict hit probably scrambled his brains beyond repair.

It wasn't immediately clear when the call between Brown and Gruden took place. A Raiders source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Gruden was truly amused by the video and even thought it was "awesome."

45 minutes ago, Mat said:

It wasn't immediately clear when the call between Brown and Gruden took place. A Raiders source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Gruden was truly amused by the video and even thought it was "awesome."

Just an educated guess, but I bet it transpired at the onset of the whole helmet fiasco.

I doubt very seriously that Gruden finds any humor in any of this. He's just providing damage control at this point while continually undermining his GM in the process.

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Gruden has his back and smooths over the Mayock incident, and he does this.  Dude had lost his mind.

We are seeing the consequences of not being suspended by the Raiders. He feels he won't be disciplined for any action now.

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What is going on with Brown here. Now this video? What's he doing?

Well he allegedly threatened to hit the GM in the face and he's faced no consequences so this video is the result of that inaction. 

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The NFL needs to step in and suspend him, if the racist remark accusation is true. Had it been the other way, Mayock would have been suspended, if not fired.

100%  Mayock would have been fired, as well as a lifetime ban from the league.   National media would blare it non-stop, to stir up racial tensions even more than they do now.

But since the racism is attributed to the protected race and directed at the targeted race, everything's cool.  Nothing to see here.

7 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Well he allegedly threatened to hit the GM in the face and he's faced no consequences so this video is the result of that inaction. 

No no I get that. I guess it was more of a rhetorical question really. Nobody, other than AB, knows what he's doing and why he's doing it this way. 

It seems the Raiders fined him for the things that happened with Mayock and it would seem that Antonio Brown feels he shouldn't be fined so he wants his release. 

It's not the fine, it's the voided guaranteed money. What a sheet show