Don Corleone

Antonio Brown turmoil related to unhappiness over helmet

By fining Brown, the Raiders voided the $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in his deal, sources said.

In addition, the Raiders sent Brown a letter that he no longer will be entitled to termination pay in the event that they release him, sources said.

As a result, Brown is playing on a week-to-week basis with both his guaranteed money voided and lack of termination pay.

As much as we want to slam AB for the whole situation, I actually don't blame him here. Especially if he gets injured. Raiders can just release him and he gets 0 dollars

8 minutes ago, Mat said:

By fining Brown, the Raiders voided the $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in his deal, sources said.

In addition, the Raiders sent Brown a letter that he no longer will be entitled to termination pay in the event that they release him, sources said.

As a result, Brown is playing on a week-to-week basis with both his guaranteed money voided and lack of termination pay.

Wow! That's bad for Brown. I mean what a way to throw a whole load of cash away. 

I don’t see anything wrong with that video of the conversation.  To me it looked like a clip from hard knocks, of a Nike motivational video like the kaeprnick believe in something fiasco from last year..  Ok so he recorded it without consent I guess...big deal people do that crap all the time.   I actually think Gruden handled that well and sounded like he truly cared.  

2 minutes ago, DaBirdwatcher said:

I don’t see anything wrong with that video of the conversation.  To me it looked like a clip from hard knocks, of a Nike motivational video like the kaeprnick believe in something fiasco from last year..  Ok so he recorded it without consent I guess...big deal people do that crap all the time.   I actually think Gruden handled that well and sounded like he truly cared.  

I don't see an issue with the video really. The video in itself doesn't portray anyone in a bad light. It doesn't slate anyone. It's AB being honest and so is Gruden. BUT... You post stuff like that and there's going to be consequences. Why not let things be dealt with behind closed doors?

10 minutes ago, DaBirdwatcher said:

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't see an issue with the video really. The video in itself doesn't portray anyone in a bad light. It doesn't slate anyone. It's AB being honest and so is Gruden. BUT... You post stuff like that and there's going to be consequences. Why not let things be dealt with behind closed doors?

You guys serious? You can’t post a video containing a private conversation between you and your coach/boss. It’s disrespectful as all hell. He’ll be released before kickoff. 

30 minutes ago, DaBirdwatcher said:

Not me.  He wanted to know whats going on in browns crazy head.  Not a place a head coach (right before week 1) wants to be really. 

He wanted to know if brown wants to be a raider.  And he didnt get a clear answer. Of course.  

Brown is a moron for posting that nonsense.  That was a private conversation between him and his coach.  I would be furious if im gruden , the gm, the owner, a raider fan, a teammate. He has officially turned the raiders season into a circus. 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

Or he’s just a narcissistic ego maniac. 

he didn't use to be like that, a narcissist typically will be that way earlier than age 30.

51 minutes ago, Mat said:

As much as we want to slam AB for the whole situation, I actually don't blame him here. Especially if he gets injured. Raiders can just release him and he gets 0 dollars

Sounds like it's his own doing. Hard to feel bad for him when he's the one that caused every aspect of this situation.

31 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

You guys serious? You can’t post a video containing a private conversation between you and your coach/boss. It’s disrespectful as all hell. He’ll be released before kickoff. 

Yup. That was almost as bad as him live recording after the playoff win a couple years back. That one I don't believe was intended to be disrespectful, just was bad judgement. This one is bad, and just adds to the sheet storm he's created before he ever plays a game for them.

58 minutes ago, Mat said:

It's completely his fault. All of the blame is on him.

Schwartz said it best a few years ago

"You do dope things, pretty soon, you’re going to be labeled as a dope,” Schwartz 

48 minutes ago, DaBirdwatcher said:

Cali is a two party consent state so the recording is illegal as I doubt Gruden consented

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Sounds like it's his own doing. Hard to feel bad for him when he's the one that caused every aspect of this situation.

It is his own doing going after the GM, but I also don't blame him for not wanting to suit up with 0 guaranteed dollars on the season

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yup. That was almost as bad as him live recording after the playoff win a couple years back. That one I don't believe was intended to be disrespectful, just was bad judgement. This one is bad, and just adds to the sheet storm he's created before he ever plays a game for them.

He got paid 244,000 bucks from Facebook to do that. That was greed not bad judgement. This guys whole career going back to college is littered with incidents that were all selfish acts. Not as major as this but, he has shown glimpses of him always being this way. 

18 minutes ago, Silentop said:

he didn't use to be like that, a narcissist typically will be that way earlier than age 30.

Or the Steelers managed to do a better job keeping him in check until last year. 

38 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I acknowledged that the issue was the actual recording of the call, but I don’t think AB recorded that or posted that to be disrespectful.  It actually puts the coach in a good light, it showed that gruden cared enough to call, showed that he wants AB to get right and be a part of the team.  Perhaps AB posted the video to show people that coach is behind him despite what everyone wants to believe to how the media wants to spin it.  Like Gruden said, he’s the most misunderstand person...so maybe the motive for him posting it is now being twisted yet again because he is misunderstood?   I’m playing devils advocate here....but we don’t know what’s going on in this guys head.  I’m afraid to know that! 

2 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

He got paid 244,000 bucks from Facebook to do that. That was greed not bad judgement. This guys whole career going back to college is littered with incidents that were all selfish acts. Not as major as this but, he has shown glimpses of him always being this way. 

Didn't know he got paid for that.

4 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

It's completely his fault. All of the blame is on him.

Schwartz said it best a few years ago

"You do dope things, pretty soon, you’re going to be labeled as a dope,” Schwartz 

Cali is a two party consent state so the recording is illegal as I doubt Gruden consented

What if AB was in Vegas when he recorded it?  

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Didn't know he got paid for that.

Yup Facebook wanted a live feed of a lockeroom celebration and he did it after Ben and Tomlin told him to stop with the social media stuff. 

3 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Yup Facebook wanted a live feed of a lockeroom celebration and he did it after Ben and Tomlin told him to stop with the social media stuff. 

Well, at least he's a good listener lol.

17 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Still pretty unclear given that we don’t know where either person was at the time.  Also, this could have been recorded during the filming of hard knocks, we Don’t have a time stamp on the call, and they probably signed release forms to be on hard knocks which gives them the right to record everything and how do we know AB didn’t get these clips from someone recording for hard knocks who happened to catch the conversation?