Sign in to follow this  
Jason1978

Dak reportedly turns down $30 million a year, wants $40 million

1 hour ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Dak is definitely in the top half of QBs in the NFL, and that's all you need to be to get a big payday. 

Disagree. 

Mahomes 

Rodgers

Brady

Brees

Wilson

Rivers 

Ryan

Wentz

Goff

Watson 

Stafford 

Garappolo

Newton

Jackson 

Brisset 

Foles

Carr

Id take any 1 of them over Dak

6 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Disagree. 

Mahomes 

Rodgers

Brady

Brees

Wilson

Rivers 

Ryan

Wentz

Goff

Watson 

Stafford 

Garappolo

Newton

Jackson 

Brisset 

Foles

Carr

I mean not that I'm a pro Dak guy, but what has Garappolo done to warrant him over Dak. Same thing with Derek Carr, who for all intents and purposes likely misused Cooper since he is on fire now with the Cowboys.

In any case, Prescott is right at the edge there, with guys like Garappolo and Derek Carr. Who both at the time signed huge deals as QB. Dak will get a sizeable contract. 

26 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

I mean not that I'm a pro Dak guy, but what has Garappolo done to warrant him over Dak. Same thing with Derek Carr, who for all intents and purposes likely misused Cooper since he is on fire now with the Cowboys.

In any case, Prescott is right at the edge there, with guys like Garappolo and Derek Carr. Who both at the time signed huge deals as QB. Dak will get a sizeable contract. 

Agreed. I'd also argue that Cam Newton isn't better than Prescott right now either.

7 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

Agreed. I'd also argue that Cam Newton isn't better than Prescott right now either.

Yeah Newton might not ever be the same after the shoulder injury. I'd also say while I like Brisset, he has a very small sample size as well. And somehow he has a larger deal than Prescott.

If the Cowboys believe their roster is playoff/superbowl worthy, I see no scenario in which they don't sign Prescott. Despite some recent struggles, this is still a good team. While they can definitely do better than Prescott, the question would be how do they do better? No one is available at the moment, and they will finish in or right near the playoffs, so drafting one isn't happening either. They're best bet is to double down on Dak and make it work. Otherwise all the other roster building they've done goes to waste.

14 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

I’ve never understood the love for Matt Ryan either. I think he’s one of the most overrated QBs in recent memory. 

4 hours ago, nipples said:

I’ve never understood the love for Matt Ryan either. I think he’s one of the most overrated QBs in recent memory. 

what about Matt Stafford? 9 seasons, zero playoff wins, and when he has played in the playoffs he's been horrible.

I've always said Dak was a bus driver and I'm good with that, because plenty of bus driver QB's have won rings, outside of Brady those are the ones actually winning for the most part.

People are killing Dak over the last 2 games and I thinks it's absurd and borderline hilarious.....

He's throw  77 passes...completed about 63%, 686 yards, 8.9 average, so he's not dinking and dunking. The bad...4 int's...sounds bad, but then when you take into account that 1 of the int's was a hail mary at the end of a game, 1 went of a receivers hands, one was obvious PI...he really threw 1 bad int and he had one that was dropped...so out of 77 throws he's been accurate, and throw 2 bad passes...1 was picked, one was dropped....can't kill the guy for that

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

what about Matt Stafford? 9 seasons, zero playoff wins, and when he has played in the playoffs he's been horrible.

I've always said Dak was a bus driver and I'm good with that, because plenty of bus driver QB's have won rings, outside of Brady those are the ones actually winning for the most part.

People are killing Dak over the last 2 games and I thinks it's absurd and borderline hilarious.....

He's throw  77 passes...completed about 63%, 686 yards, 8.9 average, so he's not dinking and dunking. The bad...4 int's...sounds bad, but then when you take into account that 1 of the int's was a hail mary at the end of a game, 1 went of a receivers hands, one was obvious PI...he really threw 1 bad int and he had one that was dropped...so out of 77 throws he's been accurate, and throw 2 bad passes...1 was picked, one was dropped....can't kill the guy for that

I agree Dak has done nothing during the hot streak or during this losing streak to make me change my mind about him as a high end franchise Qb in the same group as guys like Ryan and Rivers and Lamar Jackson and maybe Stafford.

But please don't fall into the trap of making excuses for his 3 Int's.  He had another one called back and another should have been.  Add and subtract it all and 3 int's absolutely reflects his day against the Packers.  Also needs to be mentioned, yes he did make some very sweet throws during the torrid comeback.  But this was against a  D holding a 31-3 lead and losing players.  Za'darius Smith was banged up, Darnell savage and Kevin king left the game.  So when you really break down what the cowboys were accomplishing, its really about Amari Cooper sizing up Jaire Alexander and owning him late in the game when he didn't have Savage over the top helping him.

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

I agree Dak has done nothing during the hot streak or during this losing streak to make me change my mind about him as a high end franchise Qb in the same group as guys like Ryan and Rivers and Lamar Jackson and maybe Stafford.

But please don't fall into the trap of making excuses for his 3 Int's.  He had another one called back and another should have been.  Add and subtract it all and 3 int's absolutely reflects his day against the Packers.  Also needs to be mentioned, yes he did make some very sweet throws during the torrid comeback.  But this was against a  D holding a 31-3 lead and losing players.  Za'darius Smith was banged up, Darnell savage and Kevin king left the game.  So when you really break down what the cowboys were accomplishing, its really about Amari Cooper sizing up Jaire Alexander and owning him late in the game when he didn't have Savage over the top helping him.

you make good points and that's why I usually don't harp on the "unlucky" int's, because usually, they even out, but out of 77 throws, 3 bad ones is not bad.

I have actually been impressed with the number of good throws he's made while getting hit...the one up the sideline to Zeke, in the Saints game he made a couple.

He's just not a guy that can carry an offense and I get that, but he's shown he's good enough to win with 

14 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

you make good points and that's why I usually don't harp on the "unlucky" int's, because usually, they even out, but out of 77 throws, 3 bad ones is not bad.

I have actually been impressed with the number of good throws he's made while getting hit...the one up the sideline to Zeke, in the Saints game he made a couple.

He's just not a guy that can carry an offense and I get that, but he's shown he's good enough to win with 

Zero passing yards on 3rd down. That's pretty much the game IMO. No one can sustain offense like that

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Zero passing yards on 3rd down. That's pretty much the game IMO. No one can sustain offense like that

I have no idea where I can even check this stat, but it can’t be right can it?

I for one think Dak should hold the cowboys over the coals until he gets what he deserves. all you haters need to back off and embrace this potentially bad signing for the cowboys.

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

not really...the #1 reason they lost the game was they allowed 4 rushing td's to a journeyman RB and made him look like Alvin Kamara.....

If Dallas was having trouble moving the ball I'd think that start meant horrible QB play and be concerned about effectiveness...but 464 yards through the air and 570 overall keeps me from thinking this was a problem sustaining drives...they lost #1 because of the defense and sloppiness on offense, which admittedly includes the QB 

I'm going to cross some names off your list of 17 QB's I wouldn't want over Prescott (as of right now):

22 hours ago, Captain F said:

Disagree. 

Mahomes 
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Wilson
Rivers 
Ryan
Wentz
Goff
Watson 
Stafford 
Garappolo
Newton
Jackson 
Brisset 
Foles
Carr

So I took 2 names off, leaving 15 which would put Prescott at 16 (on that list).

Cam Newton is right no the edge, I started to cross his name off, also and would probably put Prescott above him. Carr? He's on the bubble too. As is Stafford.

Ultimately though, I'm eminently satisfied with having Carson under center and given the chance, I don't think I'd trade him for anyone on the list. Maybe the only one that I'd be tembted to take, would be Mahomes.

23 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

...they lost #1 because of the defense and sloppiness on offense, which admittedly includes the QB 

No, they lost because my new Ewok and Dak VooDoo dolls finally arrived from Amazon... the idiots advertised same day delivery but it took almost 5 weeks to arrive!  

I'm still waiting on that new Sean Lee one... <_< 

50 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

not really...the #1 reason they lost the game was they allowed 4 rushing td's to a journeyman RB and made him look like Alvin Kamara.....

If Dallas was having trouble moving the ball I'd think that start meant horrible QB play and be concerned about effectiveness...but 464 yards through the air and 570 overall keeps me from thinking this was a problem sustaining drives...they lost #1 because of the defense and sloppiness on offense, which admittedly includes the QB 

I wouldn't exactly call Aaron Jones a journeyman RB considering he's playing for the team that drafted him and has been their best back since drafted and that isn't the first time he has lit you guys up....

23 hours ago, Captain F said:

Stafford 

Garappolo

Newton

Brisset 

Foles

Carr

Come on man. Don’t let the hate blind you

38 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, they lost because my new Ewok and Dak VooDoo dolls finally arrived from Amazon... the idiots advertised same day delivery but it took almost 5 weeks to arrive!  

I'm still waiting on that new Sean Lee one... <_< 

🤣...i knew you were behind this! 

9 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I wouldn't exactly call Aaron Jones a journeyman RB considering he's playing for the team that drafted him and has been their best back since drafted and that isn't the first time he has lit you guys up....

maybe not journeyman,,,but 700 yards last year is his career high, not like we got lit up by Saquon or Kamara or even Howard (which I fully expect t happen)  

On 10/7/2019 at 8:36 AM, Pallidrone said:

Why is it a jinx to think that Dak deserves $55 million a year?

I dont need to explain its a me thing if you know what i mean

1 hour ago, paco said:

Come on man. Don’t let the hate blind you

I just honestly think that Dak is not very good.  He is unable to take control of a game on his own and win it.

1 minute ago, SNOORDA said:

I dont need to explain its a me thing if you know what i mean

Completely understand!

Just now, Captain F said:

I just honestly think that Dak is not very good.  He is unable to take control of a game on his own and win it.

That cant be true - I was told that Dak has a clutch factor so great that it puts all current and past QBs to shame. That Jerruh is trying to be modest by comparing him to Tom Brady as to keep down the price he has to pay him.