Sign in to follow this  
Jason1978

Dak reportedly turns down $30 million a year, wants $40 million

34 minutes ago, Captain F said:

I just honestly think that Dak is not very good.  He is unable to take control of a game on his own and win it.

Is he upper teir.  No.  Is he VERY good.  No.  But he's good.

But he does do a lot of things well.  He's not a one read and run QB like RGIII and Kaep.  He's not a statue like Stafford.  He's not a broken down, shell shocked has been like Newton (I hate saying that... Panthers ruined him).  He's shown the capability to win games, unlike Stafford.  He plays hard EVERY play, unlike :smoke: His pocket presence is better than average.  I don't remember (but will now start looking for more, now that I'm saying it) him staring down a single read.  He doesn't make STUPID mistakes under pressure (I've said before, he's the anti-Romo). 

Since I mentioned Stafford, I put him in that stratosphere.... Hes good, but no where near great.  But because that's good enough to command a big salary in today's NFL, well, we should be happy about that.

1 hour ago, paco said:

Is he upper teir.  No.  Is he VERY good.  No.  But he's good.

But he does do a lot of things well.  He's not a one read and run QB like RGIII and Kaep.  He's not a statue like Stafford.  He's not a broken down, shell shocked has been like Newton (I hate saying that... Panthers ruined him).  He's shown the capability to win games, unlike Stafford.  He plays hard EVERY play, unlike :smoke: His pocket presence is better than average.  I don't remember (but will now start looking for more, now that I'm saying it) him staring down a single read.  He doesn't make STUPID mistakes under pressure (I've said before, he's the anti-Romo). 

Since I mentioned Stafford, I put him in that stratosphere.... Hes good, but no where near great.  But because that's good enough to command a big salary in today's NFL, well, we should be happy about that.

Dak actually reminds me a bit of Donovan.

Dak is getting hammered but I wouldn’t expect any different. He has played poorly the last two weeks. Some reason this team has been an embarrassment and coaches included. Both sides have been beaten. Our OL for as much as we pay should at least be able to hold off a 4 man rush to give Dak a little time to throw the ball. Dak has made bad choices with the ball the last two games. 
Facts are that even as poorly as he has played and his receivers have dropped passes and given up picks. His most trusted players have given up fumbles and countless flags. He is tied with Eagles at 3-2. 
Eagles have a been a better team every year since 2016 then Dallas. Every media says the same thing. They have a SB a year and a half ago. They are the better roster. That being said Dak still has more wins the Wentz. You can’t complain about people around Dak because Eagles have better receivers then Dallas but Dallas a better backs at least the last few years. 
Wentz can’t win without the guys around him. He has proven that to be a fact. Dak can’t either. Wentz is better at certain things then Dak but it’s closer then people think. 
Either of them are Tom Brady and that is also a fact. Wentz has more upside then Dak and that is a fact as well. ESPN has a report asking which QB would you want for one last game? About 7 QBs are listed and Wentz isn’t on the list. I happen to like Wentz I have stated that many times but the difference the between the two are is very little. 

1 hour ago, gch said:

Dak is getting hammered but I wouldn’t expect any different. He has played poorly the last two weeks. Some reason this team has been an embarrassment and coaches included. Both sides have been beaten. Our OL for as much as we pay should at least be able to hold off a 4 man rush to give Dak a little time to throw the ball. Dak has made bad choices with the ball the last two games. 
Facts are that even as poorly as he has played and his receivers have dropped passes and given up picks. His most trusted players have given up fumbles and countless flags. He is tied with Eagles at 3-2. 
Eagles have a been a better team every year since 2016 then Dallas. Every media says the same thing. They have a SB a year and a half ago. They are the better roster. That being said Dak still has more wins the Wentz. You can’t complain about people around Dak because Eagles have better receivers then Dallas but Dallas a better backs at least the last few years. 
Wentz can’t win without the guys around him. He has proven that to be a fact. Dak can’t either. Wentz is better at certain things then Dak but it’s closer then people think. 
Either of them are Tom Brady and that is also a fact. Wentz has more upside then Dak and that is a fact as well. ESPN has a report asking which QB would you want for one last game? About 7 QBs are listed and Wentz isn’t on the list. I happen to like Wentz I have stated that many times but the difference the between the two are is very little. 

There's only been 2 complete seasons played since 2016, and last year, Dallas was unfortunately better than us. Better final record, and swept us.

12 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

There's only been 2 complete seasons played since 2016, and last year, Dallas was unfortunately better than us. Better final record, and swept us.

2 seasons? 16, 17, & 18!!

You guys won it all in 17 as you well know so one year later you probably don’t make the playoffs unless Doug switches to Foles. 
one year after a SB you were a better team. Jerry was crazy to think he could win without a number one receiver and that’s why they had to pay big time for Coop. 

49 minutes ago, gch said:

You guys won it all in 17 as you well know so one year later you probably don’t make the playoffs unless Doug switches to Foles. 
one year after a SB you were a better team. Jerry was crazy to think he could win without a number one receiver and that’s why they had to pay big time for Coop. 

If we’re talking since 2016, I wouldn’t include 2016, but if you include 2016, you guys were the 1 seed and we were out of the playoffs. Still doesn’t help your argument. We were only better in 2017. 

18 hours ago, Captain F said:

I just honestly think that Dak is not very good.  He is unable to take control of a game on his own and win it.

really....who is? Wentz has never won many games without a running game and good pass protection and weapons...I mean he's won a few games where he didn't get that, so has Dak….but Wentz has never put the team on his back and go win week in, week out without favorable circumstances around him. ..it's not a knock...because outside of Brady and Rodgers, nobody else is able to either..people say Brees, but he looked done until they got a running game. 

and as far as taking control of a game in isolated incidents he's done that at the end of games numerous times...he's done it in a playoff game and really did it in all three of the playoff games he's been in...the rest of the team just didn't hold up their end...

1 hour ago, gch said:

this is not pointed at Eagle Joe, who swears Dallas is better half the time, while I swear Philly is....

But you aren't wrong...people will tell you week in week out that Doug is a better coach than Garrett, Howie better than JJ as a GM, Eagles OL is better , Eagles receivers as a group are, eagles backs as a group are better and then yell "supporting cast" whenever you bring up the fact that Dak has better stats, better win/loss record and generally plays on the same level as Wentz....

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

this is not pointed at Eagle Joe, who swears Dallas is better half the time, while I swear Philly is....

But you aren't wrong...people will tell you week in week out that Doug is a better coach than Garrett, Howie better than JJ as a GM, Eagles OL is better , Eagles receivers as a group are, eagles backs as a group are better and then yell "supporting cast" whenever you bring up the fact that Dak has better stats, better win/loss record and generally plays on the same level as Wentz....

Stephen, Brett Favre said it best. The Dallas Cowboys QB is the most scrutinized position in all of sports. 

1 minute ago, gch said:

Stephen, Brett Favre said it best. The Dallas Cowboys QB is the most scrutinized position in all of sports. 

without a doubt...locally eagles fans might be tougher, but Wentz can play poorly or screw up and nationally nobody will say a word. In Dallas if you have a bad game it leads Sportscenter and they have 50 segments on FS1

without a doubt...locally eagles fans might be tougher, but Wentz can play poorly or screw up and nationally nobody will say a word. In Dallas if you have a bad game it leads Sportscenter and they have 50 segments on FS1

You guys complain about this, but this is completely created by Jerry Jones. He is the one pushing the Cowboys into everyone face every single chance he can get. He is the one that has built this team as one where the fans of the team love them and everyone else despises them. He is the one that is putting his players front and center at every opportunity possible.

I mean how many commercials is Dak Prescott in? He is in so many commercials and the guy has yet to appear in the NFCC, let alone appear in a SB or win one.  The new darling is Mahomes, but at least there is some reasoning for it other then he plays for a specific team. Other then playing for the Cowboys, what has Dak done to deserve so much air time?

So yeah, people are going to criticize the heck out of him on national media, but that is exactly what JJ wants. Any attention is good attention for Jerry.

That’s correct but it lasts for weeks in the media. Now they also give him way to much credit at times like after game three when his QB rating was through the roof. 
Cowboys sins sell much better then any other professional teams in the planet. 

3 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

You guys complain about this, but this is completely created by Jerry Jones. He is the one pushing the Cowboys into everyone face every single chance he can get. He is the one that has built this team as one where the fans of the team love them and everyone else despises them. He is the one that is putting his players front and center at every opportunity possible.

I mean how many commercials is Dak Prescott in? He is in so many commercials and the guy has yet to appear in the NFCC, let alone appear in a SB or win one.

So yeah, people are going to criticize the heck out of him on national media, but that is exactly what JJ wants. Any attention is good attention for Jerry.

This wasn’t created by JJ because the term America’s team was before he came into the league. That is what drive a lot of the love/hate for the Cowboys. 
JJ has done everything he can to promote the Cowboys but also the NFL. Some of what you say I agree with. 
He is not a good GM at times but he is a good owner for his team and the league. 

7 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

I mean how many commercials is Dak Prescott in? He is in so many commercials and the guy has yet to appear in the NFCC, let alone appear in a SB or win one.  The new darling is Mahomes, but at least there is some reasoning for it other then he plays for a specific team. Other then playing for the Cowboys, what has Dak done to deserve so much air time?

you make good points as why it is like it is...and I agree with you...but it still makes it harder to play there and it's not the QB's fault. Dak got that treatment as a rookie, before he got any endorsements....his first game he play "ehh" vs the giants and it led ESPN and he was getting hammered...just stating that that's the way it is. 

11 minutes ago, gch said:

That’s correct but it lasts for weeks in the media. Now they also give him way to much credit at times like after game three when his QB rating was through the roof. 
Cowboys sins sell much better then any other professional teams in the planet. 

it's such a knee jerk reaction league ...next time he has a good game it will be "he figured it out" then a bad game and you'd think he was Quincy Carter.....After the Dallas there was a segment on ESPN that asked if Green Bay was the best team in the NFC.....ummm, they lost the week before to Philly?!?!

i'll tell you though...give me Tyron Smith and La'el Collins and I would love to play Green Bay again

10 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

it's such a knee jerk reaction league ...next time he has a good game it will be "he figured it out" then a bad game and you'd think he was Quincy Carter.....After the Dallas there was a segment on ESPN that asked if Green Bay was the best team in the NFC.....ummm, they lost the week before to Philly?!?!

i'll tell you though...give me Tyron Smith and La'el Collins and I would love to play Green Bay again

Do the Packers get to play with Davante Adams then? ;)

13 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Do the Packers get to play with Davante Adams then? ;)

ish...forgot about that 🤣

that said...with our starting OT's I think Dak has a much cleaner pocket and their DB's couldn't really cover the cowboys WR's...more than anything I'd love to see Tyron Smith get ahold of Ledarius Smith, dude ran his moth so much after the game. A smaller, quicker DE will sometime give Tryon trouble...a guy like Brandon Graham who can really bend and has a low center of gravity...but L. Smith isn't that type of player...Tyron would have wrecked him 

1 hour ago, gch said:

This wasn’t created by JJ because the term America’s team was before he came into the league. That is what drive a lot of the love/hate for the Cowboys. 
JJ has done everything he can to promote the Cowboys but also the NFL. Some of what you say I agree with. 
He is not a good GM at times but he is a good owner for his team and the league. 

As a football fan and Eagles fan, I dont like him, his team and I think he is a great GM.

As a businessman, I have a ton of respect for him. He helped build the NFL into a multi billion dollar franchise that displaced baseball. Have to admire that.

20 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

As a football fan and Eagles fan, I dont like him, his team and I think he is a great GM.

As a businessman, I have a ton of respect for him. He helped build the NFL into a multi billion dollar franchise that displaced baseball. Have to admire that.

Huh? The NFL passed MLB in the 70s (popularity wise) long before Jerry got the keys to the Cowboys. And it was that surge in popularity that brought in larger tv contracts.

Baseball was still known as Americas pastime and Americas game in the 80s and 90s. The NBA also took some eyes away from the NFL in the 80s and early 90s.

NFLs popularity surged massively in the mid to late 90s and they havent looked back. A lot of that had to do with the new ownership headed by JJ.

23 hours ago, gch said:

2016 was 2016 and can't be counted as being 'since' 2016. So 'since' 2016, there was 2017, a season in which the Philadelphia Eagles win Super Bowl LII by defeating the Patriots. In that game, there was a specific moment that ranks as the BOLDEST trick play in NFL history.

The name of that play, is the Philly Special. In it, the ball was snapped directly to Corey Clement, who ran to the left and pitched it to Trey Burton, who was running back to the right. While all this was going on, Nick Foles went into stealth mode and used his Jedi Mind tricks to make himself invisible to Patriots players. He released out into the endzone and caught a nicely thrown pass from Trey Burton for a touchdown... the first time in NFL History that a player had both thrown and caught a touchdown in the Super Bowl. All of this happened on 4th and 1 from the 1 yard line, just before the end of the half.

Now I know that all of this is difficult to envision from the typed text above, so here:

Just in case you don't fully understand English (spoken), you may understand one of these other languages:

Now, why did I post all of that? What did any of that have to do with the topic at hand? Well, nothing. I just wanted to make you read it and remind you of the BOLDEST trick play in NFL History... The Philly Special, which was run in Super Bowl LII... a game that the Philadelphia Eagles won.

If you aren't quite convinced that the Philadelphia Eagles won Super Bowl LII, say hello to my little friend:

Ok, you can go back to the topic of the moment now...

6 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

ish...forgot about that 🤣

that said...with our starting OT's I think Dak has a much cleaner pocket and their DB's couldn't really cover the cowboys WR's...more than anything I'd love to see Tyron Smith get ahold of Ledarius Smith, dude ran his moth so much after the game. A smaller, quicker DE will sometime give Tryon trouble...a guy like Brandon Graham who can really bend and has a low center of gravity...but L. Smith isn't that type of player...Tyron would have wrecked him 

Our entire team had a bad game. I would love a redo but that will have to wait. 
They need to win Sunday and then move forward to a tougher schedule coming up. 
we should know in the next few weeks what this team is? 
Are we contenders or are we going to see a lot of changes coming?

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

2016 was 2016 and can't be counted as being 'since' 2016. So 'since' 2016, there was 2017, a season in which the Philadelphia Eagles win Super Bowl LII by defeating the Patriots. In that game, there was a specific moment that ranks as the BOLDEST trick play in NFL history.

The name of that play, is the Philly Special. In it, the ball was snapped directly to Corey Clement, who ran to the left and pitched it to Trey Burton, who was running back to the right. While all this was going on, Nick Foles went into stealth mode and used his Jedi Mind tricks to make himself invisible to Patriots players. He released out into the endzone and caught a nicely thrown pass from Trey Burton for a touchdown... the first time in NFL History that a player had both thrown and caught a touchdown in the Super Bowl. All of this happened on 4th and 1 from the 1 yard line, just before the end of the half.

Now I know that all of this is difficult to envision from the typed text above, so here:

Just in case you don't fully understand English (spoken), you may understand one of these other languages:

Now, why did I post all of that? What did any of that have to do with the topic at hand? Well, nothing. I just wanted to make you read it and remind you of the BOLDEST trick play in NFL History... The Philly Special, which was run in Super Bowl LII... a game that the Philadelphia Eagles won.

If you aren't quite convinced that the Philadelphia Eagles won Super Bowl LII, say hello to my little friend:

Ok, you can go back to the topic of the moment now...

Turkey Hill post of the day right here.

11 hours ago, gch said:

Our entire team had a bad game. I would love a redo but that will have to wait. 
They need to win Sunday and then move forward to a tougher schedule coming up. 
we should know in the next few weeks what this team is? 
Are we contenders or are we going to see a lot of changes coming?

we hosed up big time by not winning one of those two games. the thing is I don't feel we were physically over matched in either game so I don't think we suck...but we'll see what happens...schedule is very tough down the stretch