Sign in to follow this  
Jason1978

Dak reportedly turns down $30 million a year, wants $40 million

Dak wants 40M?

Lol at cowboys players somehow managing to be even more delusional than their fans 

47 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

:roll:

23 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As he rightfully should! Hold out for $40 Million, Dakota!

I'm his financial advisor...

JFC if he gets $40M that's going to F the QB market up BIG TIME

Mahomes is loving this and the Chiefs are Fing scared shitless I bet

Who else is up for a contract?

Wasn't he Rookie of the Year   -   when that other rookie on the team carried the offense?   I think $50 million sounds more like it.  

Wentz is already locked up, so F it. 

Give Dak 40m per

Then give Mahomes 45m per

Then... what's his name?  Jones? 50m per. 

Im good with that. 

This guy has lost his ever loving damn mind.  He should have signed the deal for 30 mil before the ink dried.  Let him play it out and then Franchise him if no one better is available.  You have basically 2 years to find a replacement.

Hmm - as much as I love this, the worst thing that can happen is that they cant find common ground and Dallas starts looking for another QB.

I really hope they find common ground with as much guaranteed money as possible.

3 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

Hmm - as much as I love this, the worst thing that can happen is that they cant find common ground and Dallas starts looking for another QB. 

I really hope they find common ground with as much guaranteed money as possible.

The next one could be the next Quincy Carter, though.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The next one could be the next Quincy Carter, though.

This is true but I would rather the cap space get taken up by a mediocre passer then risk the possibility that they finally get it right.

2 hours ago, mike030270 said:

JFC if he gets $40M that's going to F the QB market up BIG TIME

Mahomes is loving this and the Chiefs are Fing scared shitless I bet

Who else is up for a contract?

Yea at first it was funny, however Dak won't get 40M and won't get 35M either.

Mahomes though, he was going to break the QB market regardless and I feel he'll get 40M minimum. Either that or almost a fully guaranteed contract.

40M for a dink and dunk game manag.... I mean the greatest Quarterback who ever lived, yes, yes. He should absolutely get 40M, and not a penny less. Get yours Dak!

Dak will not get $40 mil in fact the report was wrong and he never said that. Stephen will get these deals done it what the cowboys do. 

I do love the disrespect that Dak gets in here and I wouldn’t expect anything different. You know all he does is win games. That is what you pay a QB to do. Doesn’t matter if he throws for 5000 yards if he doesn’t find a way to win tough games. He beat Wentz last year twice and that was when he was healthy. Wentz had a chance in each game to win it but failed both times. Dak has his short comings but we should act as though Wentz is the next Tom Brady either. 

8 minutes ago, gch said:

Dak will not get $40 mil in fact the report was wrong and he never said that. Stephen will get these deals done it what the cowboys do. 

I do love the disrespect that Dak gets in here and I wouldn’t expect anything different. You know all he does is win games. That is what you pay a QB to do. Doesn’t matter if he throws for 5000 yards if he doesn’t find a way to win tough games. He beat Wentz last year twice and that was when he was healthy. Wentz had a chance in each game to win it but failed both times. Dak has his short comings but we should act as though Wentz is the next Tom Brady either. 

Fact is that without Zeke, they won't sniff the playoffs. That team is NOTHING without Zeke 

In all seriousness this could back fire, if Dak insists on getting 35-40m, Cowboys might come to their senses and realize he's no where near worth that and move on from him. The last thing we need is them weaseling their way into drafting a top talent QB, especially considering how stacked that position is in the next 2 drafts.

8 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

Fact is that without Zeke, they won't sniff the playoffs. That team is NOTHING without Zeke 

Dak without Zeke is Blake Bortles-esque, but keep that on the hush-hush, don't want Jerry to figure that out before he gives him that fat contract.

EBzIHstX4AAzx5Z?format=jpg&name=medium

There was a classic slobber piece on CBS Sports today about how Dak has better stats across the board than Wentz.

This only works if you count totals instead of per game and it relies almost entirely on their rookie seasons..

Wentz 2018 -2019 vs Dak 2018 - 2019

• Passer Rating: 102.0 vs 91.9
  • Yards per game passing:  265 vs 225
  • Yards per attempt: 7.6 vs 7.1
  • TD passes per game:  2.25 to 1.38
  • Interceptions:   14 in 24 (.583) vs 21 in 32 (.656)
  • TD to INT ratio:  3.86 to 1 vs 2.10 to 1
  • QBR numbers: 77.2 and 64.9 vs 69.5 and 58.6
  • Completion Percentage:  64.7  vs 65.4
  • Sack Percentage:  6.6% vs 8.0% (including an astronomical 9.6% in 2018)
  • How about 4th quarter comebacks (Wentz's weakness)?  Wentz has 3 in 24 games. Dak has 3 in 32 games.
  • But Dak runs you say?  16.3 yards per game vs 20.7 yards per game
    • Dak does actually score 6 rushing TDs a year so there is that
      • Unless you are named Cam Newton that never ages well on a QB

The risks in paying Wentz are his health concerns. The risk in paying Dak is that he is not a very good QB.

Dak is about a 219 yards per game 83 rated passer in the 7 games without Zeke - with about a 10.0% sack rate

(No one should care about the Dallas - Philly exhibition games in weeks 17 of 2016 or 2017. 2016 would be an 8th meaningless game without Zeke)

This is a classic case where Dak may wind up getting 32-34 a year from the Cowboys but no other team will give him 30 as a free agent.

He is absolutely not worth it.

He may be Blake Bortles without Zeke.

Bortles had 86 combined rushing and passing TDs over a 3 year period... Dak had 85.

6 hours ago, gch said:

Dak will not get $40 mil 

Why?? Why must you kill the dream for us?? We’re always so nice to you!!

:sad: