Sign in to follow this  
Jason1978

Dak reportedly turns down $30 million a year, wants $40 million

On 12/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Then you also have to take Carson's incompletions (and fumbles, for that matter), with a grain of salt. I'd also have to look at his 8 INT's to see if any of those are 'salt worthy'.

The problem with grains of salt is, the NFL Rulebook doesn't allow for them so you can't take anything with one (a grain of salt). You just have to go with what's there.

Carson's average completed 'air yards' per completion, is 5.4 yards. His average 'intended air' yards is 8 yards per attempt. Prescott's average completed 'air yards' per completion is 7.6 yards. His average 'intended air yards' is 9.4 yards per attempt.

Prescott's longest completed air distance is 50.8 yards. Carson's is 58.4 yards.

There's a little bit of a difference, but as you can see, both are within 10 yards of the LOS.

Fumbles are definitely a problem. But can fumbles be 'salt worthy', since a large factor in the fumbles is holding onto the ball looking for receivers to get open or OL protection breaking down?

I'm not going to bash Dak either... but he sucks!  :angel:

I mean even on an int that looks to be the qb’s fault you never know..maybe the wr ran a poor route..so we can never really say,  but I stand by the fact that Wentz hasn’t thrown a pick in a Hail Mary situation or had a ball bounce off a receivers hands that’s pretty incredible for a whole NFL season...

As far the yards per attempt...I think pretty much everyone is under 10...but since Dak has 900ish more yards on 3 less attempts i’d Say he puts it down the field a lot..and I bet if you look at passes within 5 yards of the LOS that Wentz throws far more than Dak...it’s been a staple of the eagles offense this year (not really Wentz fault), meanwhile Dallas might throw 2 a game...

just bored and splitting hairs here waiting for the NFL draft..

35 minutes ago, LesDawg1978 said:

Folks are still making excuses for Dak, I see smh. Dak is top 5 yards thrown for (granted, alot of them have empty calories because he had to throw to get back in the game), yet, he'll be sitting on the couch come Monday morning.

Dak is having a career year, yet, his team is 7-8. Wentz had a career year, he was 11-2 and arguably the leagues best player that season. However you slice it, Wentz is better.

Again, there is a reason Jerry hasn't wrote that check. He knows what everyone else (who has eyes) knows

I don’t think you’re being very fair here. 

It’s very possible Dak could be sitting in a recliner on Monday morning. We just don’t know for sure right now. 

15 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I mean even on an int that looks to be the qb’s fault you never know..maybe the wr ran a poor route..so we can never really say,  but I stand by the fact that Wentz hasn’t thrown a pick in a Hail Mary situation or had a ball bounce off a receivers hands that’s pretty incredible for a whole NFL season...

As far the yards per attempt...I think pretty much everyone is under 10...but since Dak has 900ish more yards on 3 less attempts i’d Say he puts it down the field a lot..and I bet if you look at passes within 5 yards of the LOS that Wentz throws far more than Dak...it’s been a staple of the eagles offense this year (not really Wentz fault), meanwhile Dallas might throw 2 a game...

His final throw in Miami was a Hail Mary INT. 

1 hour ago, LesDawg1978 said:

Folks are still making excuses for Dak, I see smh. Dak is top 5 yards thrown for (granted, alot of them have empty calories because he had to throw to get back in the game), yet, he'll be sitting on the couch come Monday morning.

Dak is having a career year, yet, his team is 7-8. Wentz had a career year, he was 11-2 and arguably the leagues best player that season. However you slice it, Wentz is better.

Again, there is a reason Jerry hasn't wrote that check. He knows what everyone else (who has eyes) knows

Dak isn’t a bad QB by any means. I wish he was but he’s not. That said, I’m taking Wentz every time. I posted a stat earlier where the cowboys were something like 1-6 this year in games where he has to throw 36 times or more. Well, now that’s 1-7. Dak is good enough to win when Zeke is carrying the load, but don’t see him as the guy that will put the team on his back and carry the offense. 

Wentz absolutely has some things to work on and isn’t a perfect, finished product yet. But I think he’s more capable of carrying an offense. 

Edit: looked it up, he was 1-5 in games with 36+ passes thrown. Eagles game knocked it to 1-6. Now most QBs will have a losing record in those situations because generally that many pass attempts means you’re behind in the second half. But by comparison, Wentz is 5-6 this year when he has to throw 36 times or more. 

32 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t think you’re being very fair here. 

It’s very possible Dak could be sitting in a recliner on Monday morning. We just don’t know for sure right now. 

aye, I stand corrected.

51 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Wentz threw a Hail Mary against Miami at the end that was picked. So there was one of those. I will say I don’t recall any picks that came off the receiver’s hands, so his INT number isn’t deceptively high. But, his TD numbers have taken a huge hit. He’s had 6 or 7 dropped TD passes on the season. 

22 minutes ago, nipples said:

Dak isn’t a bad QB by any means. I wish he was but he’s not. That said, I’m taking Wentz every time. I posted a stat earlier where the cowboys were something like 1-6 this year in games where he has to throw 36 times or more. Well, now that’s 1-7. Dak is good enough to win when Zeke is carrying the load, but don’t see him as the guy that will put the team on his back and carry the offense. 

Wentz absolutely has some things to work on and isn’t a perfect, finished product yet. But I think he’s more capable of carrying an offense. 

Dak is definitely a good QB. To me, his success is just tied to Zeke.  If Zeke is rollin, the playaction is nasty. If Zeke is contained, more than likely, Dallas will lose that game.

On 12/27/2019 at 6:15 AM, Stephen1 said:

As others have pointed out, that hail Mary pick to end the Miami game. Through 15 games he's still single digit int QB which is pretty good  with what he's had to endure with very little WR help. He's had at least 5 dropped TD passes with 2 that would be game winners against ATL and Lions. If we win those 2 then we would've wrapped the divisionup 2 weeks ago. Also, he's had 2 fumbles lost during a handoff exchange where the rb ran into him and couldn't secure the handoff. Unfortunately all QBs take the blame for those type fumbles. 

On 12/27/2019 at 7:25 AM, LesDawg1978 said:

Dak is definitely a good QB. To me, his success is just tied to Zeke.  If Zeke is rollin, the playaction is nasty. If Zeke is contained, more than likely, Dallas will lose that game.

Well regardless of which is better Dak or Wentz. This year has shown that either are a top 10 QB in the league. 
This year was suppose to be the year that Wentz was MVP and Dak was a legit franchise QB so he could get his pay day. 
Well Dak may get his payday but he doesn’t deserve top QB money. Just as Wentz doesn’t deserve his top QB salary. 

Eagle should be heading to the playoffs but if they lose to Giants which they could based on what we have seen this season it would be a surprise to many. 

Wishing everyone a Happy and Safe New Year!

On 12/28/2019 at 2:25 PM, gch said:

Well regardless of which is better Dak or Wentz. This year has shown that either are a top 10 QB in the league. 
This year was suppose to be the year that Wentz was MVP and Dak was a legit franchise QB so he could get his pay day. 
Well Dak may get his payday but he doesn’t deserve top QB money. Just as Wentz doesn’t deserve his top QB salary. 

Eagle should be heading to the playoffs but if they lose to Giants which they could based on what we have seen this season it would be a surprise to many. 

Provocative, yet informative.

6 hours ago, gch said:

Lmfao! Outside of Ertz Wentz had absolutely nothing to work with. Give Wentz Zeke, Cooper, and Cobb and the Eagles are unstoppable. Dak has played pretty good overall so maybe it is Garrett and his crew who's the real problem 

7 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

Give Wentz Zeke, Cooper, and Cobb and the Eagles are unstoppable.

Add Gallup too who's a really good #2 WR. The difference is weapons between us and them is a freaking chasm.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Add Gallup too who's a really good #2 WR. The difference is weapons between us and them is a freaking chasm.

Not only that but  come to think of it, Dallas racked up a lot of garbage time yards this season trying to play catch up. They supposedly  have the #1 offense but its not like Dak had that offense moving at will. Stud RB, one of the best o lines, decent TE, and 3 solid WRs. The team was relatively healthy overall yet Wentz has his patchwork team in the driver's seat to win the division and eliminate Dak and his crew

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Dak is a good QB, in fact I would say he's very good but he's not elite and so he's not worth top money.

Sure he is. Come on Dallas... break the bank!  40 million let's go!!!

23 hours ago, gch said:

Again, just wrong. 

On 12/26/2019 at 7:51 AM, nipples said:

I can think of two off the top of my head (JJAW vs Detroit and Agholor vs Atlanta). And the one in the back of the end zone to Agholor, which I’m totally drawing a blank on which game it was. But it was the play he got hurt on, because he tracked the ball so badly that he had to contort his body in a weird way. 

Also the Agholor alligator arms vs Dallass. Don’t know if it would have been a TD but was definitely a huge missed play. 

More meaningless stats as far as I'm concerned. His team choked away the NFCE while Wentz willed his to the playoffs with his December run. Can't believe people have the audacity to question Wentz's leadership 

It amazes me that some people can't see how good Dak is.
Not worth 40 mil but honestly no QB is. Not yet anyway.

Zeke is the overrated cowgirl who got way overpaid.