Sign in to follow this  
Jason1978

Dak reportedly turns down $30 million a year, wants $40 million

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Umm... Dak wants a huge contract? That you'll likely pay him. Zeke is holding out for a huge contract that you'll either give him or not. And if you don't then your offense takes a huge hit. An offense built around an elite run game. Oh and Cooper is going to get paid. 

None of these things constitute a meltdown.  This is pretty much standard business for any team who has players nearing the end of their deals.  Daks deal will get done (No not 40mil), Zeke will be back in camp before Game 1 as he has very little leverage here.  The only deal I am really worried about is Cooper and the only concern is when they get it done and not if.

6 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

That is where i figure he will end up signing.  He will sign for slightly more than Carson.  That is the contract he has earned.  People on this board don't like it, but that is what it is.

4 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

That is where i figure he will end up signing.  He will sign for slightly more than Carson.  That is the contract he has earned.  People on this board don't like it, but that is what it is.

You aren't paying attention. We want him to sign for more than Wentz. We want the Cowboys to be cap strapped.  If you guys want to sign an average QB to big money, we would love it.

11 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

You aren't paying attention. We want him to sign for more than Wentz. We want the Cowboys to be cap strapped.  If you guys want to sign an average QB to big money, we would love it.

I know exactly what you want and a few years back you probably would have got it, but for all of Jerry's faults he has actually gotten a better grasp on how he handles the Cowboys cap situation. They have their work cut out for them.  These 3 are just half the puzzle.  They have some big contracts coming up the next few years and Jerry knows that.

Just now, Hefty Smurf said:

I know exactly what you want and a few years back you probably would have got it, but for all of Jerry's faults he has actually gotten a better grasp on how he handles the Cowboys cap situation. They have their work cut out for them.  These 3 are just half the puzzle.  They have some big contracts coming up the next few years and Jerry knows that.

Yep. He's done such a great job that he allowed all 3 to come up for new contracts at the same time and has given them a chance to set a new market for their positions.😂

Cowboys have been very good with the cap money in the last 5 years or so. Actually better then Philly. That being said Eagles FO does some amazing deals at times to move around and find the players they want. Dallas relys on their draft and they have been one of the best finding quality and sometimes great players. When it comes time some of them have to get paid. They can’t keep them all so they draft again for depth. We have two of the best LB in the league and they will be up in a few years as well as our young CB and S. All teams deal with it but only a few like Dallas are covered in the media daily. 

Jerry doesn’t handle that part of the business anymore. Stephen does and he is pretty good at managing the cap. He has saved for years so they can sign these guys and the upcoming guy as well. Some will walk but every team does that. 

12 minutes ago, gch said:

Cowboys have been very good with the cap money in the last 5 years or so. Actually better then Philly.

The Eagles got a Lombardi for their cap expenditures over the past 5 years. What have the Cowboys gotten for theirs, in that span?

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

Yep. He's done such a great job that he allowed all 3 to come up for new contracts at the same time and has given them a chance to set a new market for their positions.😂

Coopers deal was already in place when they traded for him.  They were not going to rework him at the midpoint of the season.  Zeke still has 2 years left on his rookie deal you can't blame the them for him not reporting. No team is going to extend a RB with 2 years left and I really have no issue where they are at with Dak.  He has made significant offers to each of them and they have yet to sign so it's really not on him. 

5 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Yea that trailer trash QB with your polished glass slipper QB twice last year and has a better record against each other. Wentz will have more passing yards because Dallas is a run first team. 

You say Dak has better people around him Pro Bowler but everyone in here says Philly has a better team. 

I like Wentz I have stated that many times. He is better then Dak in most areas but Dak is ahead of him in a few areas such as leadership, clutch, and just plain old wins. 

1 minute ago, gch said:

Yea that trailer trash QB with your polished glass slipper QB twice last year and has a better record against each other. Wentz will have more passing yards because Dallas is a run first team. 

You say Dak has better people around him Pro Bowler but everyone in here says Philly has a better team. 

I like Wentz I have stated that many times. He is better then Dak in most areas but Dak is ahead of him in a few areas such as leadership, clutch, and just plain old wins. 

LOL someone's defensive. I don't make the news, I just post it. Think you may need some of this

image.jpeg.1dd484741410326428ec686a704b1695.jpeg

11 minutes ago, gch said:

trailer trash

Trailer trash? Who are you referring to as 'trailer trash'?

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Eagles got a Lombardi for their cap expenditures over the past 5 years. What have the Cowboys gotten for theirs, in that span?

A 2-3 playoff record, first #1 seed since ‘13 not to make a SB appearance, and a sixth straight divisional round loss.

Classic example of don’t confuse effort with results 

8 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

None of these things constitute a meltdown.  This is pretty much standard business for any team who has players nearing the end of their deals.  Daks deal will get done (No not 40mil), Zeke will be back in camp before Game 1 as he has very little leverage here.  The only deal I am really worried about is Cooper and the only concern is when they get it done and not if.

If that's what you want to think then good on you. If you don't see a problem with a slightly above QB getting elite money and a RB who wants top money even to the detriment of the team then fantastic.

4 hours ago, gch said:

Cowboys have been very good with the cap money in the last 5 years or so. Actually better then Philly. That being said Eagles FO does some amazing deals at times to move around and find the players they want. Dallas relys on their draft and they have been one of the best finding quality and sometimes great players. When it comes time some of them have to get paid. They can’t keep them all so they draft again for depth. We have two of the best LB in the league and they will be up in a few years as well as our young CB and S. All teams deal with it but only a few like Dallas are covered in the media daily. 

Lol.  The cowboys have been the cap winners of the east over the last 5 years.  Interesting.  

Ill take the super bowl win.  Thnx

3 hours ago, gch said:

I think leadership is a push so I'd switch that with availability.

Dallas is in a bad situation regardless of which side of the fence you are on.

While I don't think that much of Dak as a QB, I do know that QBs, even above average ones, are not readily available in the league. It's much easier to do A LOT worse than what they have in Prescott. Letting him go they will be a worse team for it, unless they can swing a deal for a better QB. Except to get a better QB you're just moving assets around, so are you really improving as a team?

I'd rank Prescott in the middle of he pack of the league, somewhere between 14-20th overall. Any team that holds a QB as a top 10 guy is NOT getting rid of them. Any team that has a QB comparable to Prescott is in the same boat, a younger guy who they are hoping gets better. So no matter what side of the fence you look at, getting rid of Prescott would make the Cowboys a worse off team.

The problem comes from how much money are they going to tie into him. All QBs get paid in the NFL, it's just a simple fact. It's not the dollar value that cripples the team. Literally every team in the league faces the same high % of a cap going to the QB. It goes back to how good the QB is. And I think this is the concern. At the moment, Dak is not an elite QB. But he is definitely better than a good chunk of other QBs in the league, and just as important, Dallas finally has a good roster that can make a playoff push. Letting him go now undoes everything else. Prescott knows this and is leveraging it for a larger contract. This is the part that is killing Dallas, as I felt their offer of 30 million was more than fair as it puts him of one of the top paid guys as it is amongst his peers.

I think Dallas can afford the 30~ million a year to Dak without drastically effecting their roster. I think going any higher though and it will have repercussions. If they didn't have talent all around, they'd probably play a lot more hardball with Dak or let him walk since they wouldn't be competing anyways. But Dak knows they won't let him walk no matter what, there isn't another QB available on the market better than him. This situation in itself isn't really unique as pretty much every NFL team goes through it. What is different is how 3 of their best 5 offensive players are all asking for new deals at the same time. I think they can easily pay all those guys, but they have some defensive players coming up that need to get paid to. And Dallas is MUCH more a defensive team than they are offensive.

At the end of it all, in my opinion, someones feelings is going to get hurt and a good player will probably walk.

18 hours ago, gch said:

Cowboys have been very good with the cap money in the last 5 years or so. Actually better then Philly.  

I forget,  are you guys still paying for Romo? 

We have an aging QB with serious back issues,  what should we do? 

Restructure, pushing more money,  guaranteed money,  into the future. 

I'm shocked no other team has picked up on this brilliant model and adopt it. :roll:

1 hour ago, paco said:

I'm shocked no other team has picked up on this brilliant model and adopt it. :roll:

Howie may read this, he's a member on here for sure, so maybe he'll take this great idea and run with it? 😂

1 hour ago, paco said:

I forget,  are you guys still paying for Romo? 

We have an aging QB with serious back issues,  what should we do? 

Restructure, pushing more money,  guaranteed money,  into the future. 

And you just extended a QB and made him the 4th highest paid QB in the NFL who has not played a full season since his rookie year....

10 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

And you just extended a QB and made him the 4th highest paid QB in the NFL who has not played a full season since his rookie year....

....who is 26 and not far removed from a near MVP season.

But yes, its just like restructuring and pushing back even more guaranteed money to broken down 36 year old QB who was upper middle teir in his heyday.   Apples to Apples

Just now, paco said:

But yes, its just like restructuring and pushing back even more guaranteed money to broken down 36 year old QB who was upper middle teir in his heyday.   Apples to Apples

But he didn't finish that season and he didn't finish last season and he missed more than half of his senior season in college. Starting to see a pattern here?

2 minutes ago, paco said:

PG13 or more family friendly:

Apples to Apples,

Nuts to Nuts,

Dallas fans have Hurtie Butts.

13 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

But he didn't finish that season and he didn't finish last season and he missed more than half of his senior season in college. Starting to see a pattern here?

No.   Explain it to me please.