Sign in to follow this  
Jason1978

Dak reportedly turns down $30M/yr, wants $40M (ORIG POST: 8/11/2019)

On 2/20/2020 at 2:36 AM, Sturm said:

they should just resign the whole team and go after Teddy. Would cost you half what Dak wants and let him "test" the market.

Dallas imo would be better but it would feel so sweet to see Dak cry in FA.

That's probably what they should do yes. But not what we want them to do of course. Let's hope they end up paying Dak that big contract he so desires.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:36 PM, Sturm said:

they should just resign the whole team and go after Teddy. Would cost you half what Dak wants and let him "test" the market.

Dallas imo would be better but it would feel so sweet to see Dak cry in FA.

I highly doubt Dak would be crying in free agency. Dak has done more then Kirk cousins ever has and he broke the bank. 

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I highly doubt Dak would be crying in free agency. Dak has done more then Kirk cousins ever has and he broke the bank. 

That's very true. Dak has won games against good teams and has actual ability. 

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's very true. Dak has won games against good teams and has actual ability. 

I'm not a Dak fan but, we can't pretend he is trash either cause he isn't. 

31 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not a Dak fan but, we can't pretend he is trash either cause he isn't. 

Exactly. He's not worth what he's going to get but he's very good. 

12 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

What has Dak done more than Cousins?  They both have 1 playoff win I believe.  Both put up big stats mostly in garbage time.  Dak to me has had the better team around him.  Minny was in the NFCCG with Keenum and felt Cousins was an upgrade to get them 1 step closer to the SB.  Didnt work out so far.

Dak is a good QB but i dont think any team is giving him 35 million plus.  Teams could want him but not at that price.

47 minutes ago, RepPhilly said:

What has Dak done more than Cousins?  They both have 1 playoff win I believe.  Both put up big stats mostly in garbage time.  Dak to me has had the better team around him.  Minny was in the NFCCG with Keenum and felt Cousins was an upgrade to get them 1 step closer to the SB.  Didnt work out so far.

Dak is a good QB but i dont think any team is giving him 35 million plus.  Teams could want him but not at that price.

That's what I'm saying cousins isn't that great and he broke the bank. Dak won't last long in free agency. QB contracts are going up all the time and I think he gets that 35 million on the open market or with the cowboys. Dak has actually played well in pressure situations on a few occasions unlike cousins who has fell apart. What has our own QB done to deserve 32 million a year? I really don't care what Dak gets but, to act like he won't get paid is a bit ridiculous. QBs get paid a ridiculous amount just to be decent. I'm not debating skills I'm saying these guys get paid and people hoping he won't get what he wants are nuts based on what we have seen. Matthew Stafford gets a sheet ton of money for what exactly? 

Top 10 paid QBs list includes Matt Ryan , Matthew Stafford, Kirk cousins, Jimmy G and cam Newton. 

Just cause you don't think they are worth it doesn't mean they won't get paid. Is all I'm saying. Dak is at least in company with some of those guys. Which is why people think cowboys messed up big time not signing him sooner cause now they have to pay him more then what he is worth

7 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That's what I'm saying cousins isn't that great and he broke the bank. Dak won't last long in free agency. QB contracts are going up all the time and I think he gets that 35 million on the open market or with the cowboys. Dak has actually played well in pressure situations on a few occasions unlike cousins who has fell apart. What has our own QB done to deserve 32 million a year? I really don't care what Dak gets but, to act like he won't get paid is a bit ridiculous. QBs get paid a ridiculous amount just to be decent. I'm not debating skills I'm saying these guys get paid and people hoping he won't get what he wants are nuts based on what we have seen. Matthew Stafford gets a sheet ton of money for what exactly? 

Top 10 paid QBs list includes Matt Ryan , Matthew Stafford, Kirk cousins, Jimmy G and cam Newton. 

Just cause you don't think they are worth it doesn't mean they won't get paid. Is all I'm saying. Dak is at least in company with some of those guys. Which is why people think cowboys messed up big time not signing him sooner cause now they have to pay him more then what he is worth

I cant see it but maybe you're right.

If Dallas doesnt want to pay him I cant see another team doing so at that price.  

My guess is they franchise him and see what he does this year.  If they win the SB then they'll reward him most likely.

On 2/22/2020 at 1:54 AM, bwestbrook36 said:

And he's 3 years younger.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:02 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

Well put. Forget what you think he should be paid... QBs in general are paid, and Dak will get his. And by the Cowboys waiting, he will now get paid more than if they locked him in sooner.

This is part of a reason why I was pushing to get the Wentz deal done early. If we waited until later, he would have to be signed for more. So while to some because of the high money it doesn't seem like a discount, the reality is that we got him for cheaper than if we had waited. Of course by not signing him it would of given us the freedom to look and get another QB, but with his pedigree and how the second half of the season played out, Wentz is a gamer and a guy who can single handedly keep us in games and win them for us.

10 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Well put. Forget what you think he should be paid... QBs in general are paid, and Dak will get his. And by the Cowboys waiting, he will now get paid more than if they locked him in sooner.

I think it was Benjamin Solak that was talking about this as well. He was saying when it comes to QBs there are really only two types. There's those who get paid a lot of money and there's those who are journeyman and back ups who don't. There are very few who get paid middle ground money. 

On 2/22/2020 at 12:54 AM, bwestbrook36 said:

Yea but Kirk is the next Breezzzz

You've got to wonder what's going on here don't you? I mean I know he wants a huge deal but if Dallas think he's the man then they'd sign him surely? And if not they'd tag him. The fact they've done neither so far raises questions about how they feel about Dak doesn't it?

At this point, he’ll probably get tagged to but time to work out a deal

If he says no to $33m per and $105m guaranteed, he needs to fire his agent. 

Sitting here thinking about this like, what the hell do I care about Prescott and all the money being thrown around. So, why not think this could happen. It probably won't but everyone else has their say so here is mine: Two quarterbacks (probably more than that) that are high profile and are free agents. Brady and Prescott. Could/should they switch teams and make something happen. Maybe Jones gets his Superbowl and Patriots have their quarterback of the future. 

9 hours ago, slick1234 said:

Sitting here thinking about this like, what the hell do I care about Prescott and all the money being thrown around. So, why not think this could happen. It probably won't but everyone else has their say so here is mine: Two quarterbacks (probably more than that) that are high profile and are free agents. Brady and Prescott. Could/should they switch teams and make something happen. Maybe Jones gets his Superbowl and Patriots have their quarterback of the future. 

Part of me would be interested in seeing it happen. However NE just doesn't break the bank with their QBs. Prescott will be going to a team with a lofty cap space situation.

10 hours ago, slick1234 said:

I think it's way to risky a chance for Dallas. They would have to win in say the next 2 years or basically start all over again.

On 3/5/2020 at 11:55 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You've got to wonder what's going on here don't you? I mean I know he wants a huge deal but if Dallas think he's the man then they'd sign him surely? And if not they'd tag him. The fact they've done neither so far raises questions about how they feel about Dak doesn't it?

Maybe they have a deal structured out but need to wait for the new CBA to be agreed upon and then they will cross Ts and dot the i's

3 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Maybe they have a deal structured out but need to wait for the new CBA to be agreed upon and then they will cross Ts and dot the i's

Yeah that's very true. Not too many deals being sorted across the league right now is there.