Don Corleone

Patriots WR Josh Gordon reinstated

Was he in rehab this whole time?

It's crazy how he rather smoke weed than get paid millions to play football and become a legend

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Jesus how many chances does this guy get?? 

Makes me think back to Dexter Manley, though coke is a bit more 'serious' than weed.

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Will he stay on the active roster for a full 16 games though?

What's the O/U?

7 sound about right, or too high?

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

What's the O/U?

Sounds like a fair place to put the line. I’ll take the under though lol. 

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

What's the O/U?

I see what you did there...

I pull for anyone battling but if they keep giving him chances it won't change, He may be out by week 6. The pats were betting on this weren't they??? Think about it, no major moves other that Thomas who is old..man. Birds need to crush them in SB54

5 hours ago, Havenless said:

Fun fact: Josh Gordon is now 28 and has still not accrued 4 seasons toward unrestricted free agency.

Danny Watkins says I'll see your 28 and raise you a 30.

7 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Jesus how many chances does this guy get?? 

Alshon Jeffrey will have made 50+ million in NFL salary  by the end of this season.

Josh Gordon will have only made 5.6 million in salary as a similar player but with substance abuse problems.

This is not enough punishment for you?

55 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Danny Watkins says I'll see your 28 and raise you a 30.

lol...Danny Friggin' Watkins.

1 minute ago, skippyx said:

Alshon Jeffrey will have made 50+ million in NFL salary  by the end of this season.

Josh Gordon will have only made 5.6 million in salary as a similar player but with substance abuse problems.

you are missing the point, and maybe I did misspeak. Look, Ill all for chances, I just don't know how he is going to change in a year. I battled with addiction and it took me at least 3 years to see clear and not say " well, I'm good now I can dabble"...because you can't.

The point is that he is not a criminal and he is not harming others.

He goes through rehab and improves his support structure and tries again.

He does not get banned and thrown away like garbage.

If he and the Patriots and his support structure can't make things better and he falls again well they can easily suspend him again.

4 hours ago, skippyx said:

The point is that he is not a criminal and he is not harming others.

He goes through rehab and improves his support structure and tries again.

He does not get banned and thrown away like garbage.

If he and the Patriots and his support structure can't make things better and he falls again well they can easily suspend him again.

He's been doing drugs since he was in 7th grade. Addiction does hurt others like his friends family and teamates. He has a dwi which can seriously harm someone. He was arrested for skipping out on a paternity test for a child he didn't even know was his cause he was to high to remember the girl he got pregnant. 

I don't think he should get thrown away like garbage but, at this point it isn't about the money it's about getting him in an environment so he can stop this cycle and the NFL is not a good environment for that. 

I just hate to see good things happen to the patriots.  Hopefully he's a locker room distraction for the 2 games he actually plays before blowing it again.

10 hours ago, skippyx said:

$5.6 million is a punishment?

9 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

He's been doing drugs since he was in 7th grade. Addiction does hurt others like his friends family and teamates. He has a dwi which can seriously harm someone. He was arrested for skipping out on a paternity test for a child he didn't even know was his cause he was to high to remember the girl he got pregnant. 

I don't think he should get thrown away like garbage but, at this point it isn't about the money it's about getting him in an environment so he can stop this cycle and the NFL is not a good environment for that. 

You bring up the greater point.

The NFL policy of banishment for those with addiction is terrible, IMO. Not to look out for one of your own is unacceptable... especially given the fact they have all the resources in the world.

However, is allowing him to break the rules time and time again not enabling him?

I think I disagree with one of your points. The structure of the NFL season should be what he needs (I think).

22 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

You bring up the greater point.

The NFL policy of banishment for those with addiction is terrible, IMO. That is the no to look out for one of your own... especially given the fact they have all the resources in the world.

However, is allowing him to break the rules time and time again not enabling him?

I think I disagree with one of your points. The structure of the NFL season should be what he needs (I think).

Well part of the problem coaches and teammates are the ones looking the other way and supplying him with the drugs. Now maybe the Patriots are a team that can help him but, then again they are probably only using him for his talent and don't care about him as a person. Which the Patriots have a history of letting guys play with concussions and such. When he isn't in the NFL he is running the streets looking for drugs and selling them. 

I'm not sure what the answer for him is he is just a mess. He doesn't seem to have anyone in his life that care about him as a person and just keep feeding his addiction for his talent on the football field which is ashame.