Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

Patriots safety Patrick Chung indicted on cocaine charge

LACONIA — New England Patriots safety Patrick C. Chung is scheduled to be in Belknap Superior Court next Wednesday to be arraigned on a charge of cocaine possession.

A Belknap County grand jury indicted Chung, 32, on the charge on Aug. 8.

A highly placed law enforcement source confirmed the person indicted and the football player are the same person.

Chung "did possess or have under his control a quantity of the controlled substance cocaine" on June 25 in Meredith, according to the indictment. When asked for a booking photo, Meredith Police Chief Kevin Morrow said Chung "was not arrested and there is no photo to provide."

The details surrounding Chung's encounter with law enforcement were not clear in the indictment.

However, Jim Murray of radio station 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston tweeted that, according to a source, "Patrick Chung’s home in Meredith had an alarm tripped for a B&E. Police show up to check on the home, have probable cause to enter the home, and ultimately end up finding cocaine, leading to the investigation and indictment."

A number for Chung's agent could not be found.

Belknap County Attorney Andrew Livernois, whose office sought the indictment and is prosecuting the case, is on vacation and said he could not comment beyond what is in the public record.

The indictment lists Chung – who signed a contract extension in April and has won three Super Bowl rings with the Patriots – as a resident of Meredith.

Town records show that Patrick Chung owns a lakeside residence in Meredith. Court records also list an address on Green St., in Foxborough, Massachusetts.

A court notification form in Chung’s court file states he is scheduled to be arraigned next Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. The form states that defendants are required to appear at their arraignments. However, an attorney could request the arraignment be waived, or an attorney could ask the court for permission to appear in court on a client’s behalf.

The court file lists no attorney as representing Chung.

Calls to the New England Patriots seeking comment Thursday morning were not immediately returned.

Cocaine possession is a Class B felony and carries a potential prison term of 3½ to seven years.

The Jamaican-born Chung first played for the Patriots from 2009 to 2012, and then returned to the team in 2014 after playing one year with the Philadelphia Eagles.

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news/courts_cops/patriots-chung-facing-belknap-county-drug-charge

I have a hard time believing this will stick.  Police entered his home due to a security alarm going off. Chung wasn't present.  Several easy defensive ways around this. 

1. Someone actually did break in,  and brought their coke.

2. Police had no search warrant, and the coke was in a box. Why they going thru my stuff? 

Im sure there are more. 

The same thing happened to Louis Winthorpe III.   I'd bet you a dollar, that Clarence Beeks is behind this.  

5 hours ago, Captain F said:

I have a hard time believing this will stick.  Police entered his home due to a security alarm going off. Chung wasn't present.  Several easy defensive ways around this. 

2. Police had no search warrant, and the coke was in a box. Why they going thru my stuff? 

Im sure there are more. 

I sense an NFL drug test coming from this, though.  

4 hours ago, Mortimer said:

The same thing happened to Louis Winthorpe III.   I'd bet you a dollar, that Clarence Beeks is behind this.  

Image result for it was the dukes it was the dukes gif

On 8/22/2019 at 11:43 AM, Captain F said:

Im sure there are more. 

So basically, these were the cops:

On 8/22/2019 at 2:43 PM, Captain F said:

Im sure there are more. 

There will be a suppression hearing(s) to determine the validity of the evidence. The thing with a grand jury is that only the prosecution presents to them, so indictments are common given that's all they hear.

We'll see what happens, but I suspect the officers' testimony about discovering the evidence was based on the plain view doctrine, otherwise, I doubt any prosecutor takes it before a grand jury.

Ten years ago I could have been indicted on coke charges like every other week.

No point with this post. 😜

Always thought Chung looked more like a tweeker...

On 8/26/2019 at 4:39 PM, Utebird said:

Always thought Chung looked more like a tweeker...

Image result for tweak gif

It will be thrown out. It was in his house during a burglary call. He wasn't even in the state. Prove it wasn't left by the person that triggered the call. Good luck.

They're looking for a payday for their coffers. Will not go to trial. Changes plead to no contest to a lesser charge, no jail time, big fine.