Procus

Andrew Luck decides to retire

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The question that I have is, should he be considered a bust? For the #1 overall pick in the 2012 draft, you'd expect more than 86 games for his career. He went 4-4 in the playoffs and got to within 1 game of the Super Bowl. But still... retiring after fewer than 6 full seasons of playing time. If I was a Colts fan, I'd be livid right now, with him retiring so late. Could have had Foles or even could have drafted his replacement.

bust.thumb.JPG.25f5759d99ca91dd6c8c823b65d4a521.JPG

I think he falls into that weird grey area of not a bust but not worth the pick. 

1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

He didn’t underperform, but his career was a disappointment. 

First, the Heisman committee steals his award, then the GM steals his legacy.

Ok yeah that's fair. When he was healthy he was able to elevate a bad team. 

11 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Gillette will go harder after him and offer him an endorsement if he shaves the neckbeard off with one of their blades.

Gillette would rather he tell you he's now a woman.   The best a Ma'am can get.

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

He will come out of retirement and takeover for Brady in 2022. 

2022 is a long ways away.   I could see Darth Belichick pulling that off.

12 hours ago, Procus said:

Indy already has Brisset.  Why would the Colts trade for Sudfeld?

Brisset needs a quality backup especially with that OL. Lotta teams have QB issues now and Suds has become a bargaining chip.

12 hours ago, Procus said:

Colts are better off tanking this year and drafting another QB of the future.  That, plus I don't think NY or Eli would go for that deal.

Only idiot teams tank in the NFL. Careers and seasons are too short. Every season has to be an attempt to win it all, no matter how screwed up your team is.

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

I think he falls into that weird grey area of not a bust but not worth the pick. 

Can never predict injuries. The lacerated kidney and shoulder injury really did him in. Otherwise he was on a HoF trajectory. I don't think he was a bust at all. He was a great QB when healthy. He took some really bad teams deep into the playoffs when they had no business being there early in his career. Then it got derailed by injuries.

Peyton's career in Indy was also derailed by a serious injury that popped up out of nowhere and ended up ultimately shortening his career. I question what goes on behind the scenes in Indy and their FO, owner, and medical staff.

2 things I've picked up on watching the coverage about Luck the last 12 hours:

1 - I believe another thing that played a big role in his decision is that his wife is pregnant with their first child.   

2 - Indy fans better be harassed for decades for their booing of him last night when he was walking off the field - same as all Eagle fans have been tagged for the booing of Santa and the selection of McNabb at the draft.

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The question that I have is, should he be considered a bust? For the #1 overall pick in the 2012 draft, you'd expect more than 86 games for his career. He went 4-4 in the playoffs and got to within 1 game of the Super Bowl. But still... retiring after fewer than 6 full seasons of playing time. If I was a Colts fan, I'd be livid right now, with him retiring so late. Could have had Foles or even could have drafted his replacement.

bust.thumb.JPG.25f5759d99ca91dd6c8c823b65d4a521.JPG

Luck was far from a bust. Injury prone but not a bust. Only Wilson and Marino had a better first 6 season stats

**not including the entire year he missed

2 minutes ago, GNS_CLFD said:

2 - Indy fans better be harassed for decades for their booing of him last night when he was walking off the field - same as all Eagle fans have been tagged for the booing of Santa and the selection of McNabb at the draft.

It was classless, but not even remotely the same.  Imagine being in the stands last Thursday watching McCown play and finding out Wentz retired.  You would have an immediate, negative emotional reaction.

34 minutes ago, madriver said:

Brisset needs a quality backup especially with that OL. Lotta teams have QB issues now and Suds has become a bargaining chip.

Sudfeld is out for another month. This guy had to be carted off because of wrist injury?  Not a leg, knee, or ankle but a wrist?....That doesn't sound like trade bait to a team who's QB just retired due to injuries. It's not like he lit it up when called upon in the regular season. He's been a 3rd stringer his whole career. 

36 minutes ago, madriver said:

Only idiot teams tank in the NFL. Careers and seasons are too short. Every season has to be an attempt to win it all, no matter how screwed up your team is.

Exactly, tanking for Luck is what ultimately put them in the position they are in now. 

7 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly, tanking for Luck is what ultimately put them in the position they are in now. 

I wouldn't necessarily say that, had Grigson actually drafted smarter and added better O-Lineman, Luck isn't likely retiring last night.

Grigson definitely doomed the team. Set them back for years. And ultimately prematurely played a hand in ending the career of their franchise QB.

2 hours ago, L.E. said:

ECzNvkWUEAAu8-H.jpeg

Those look like 'high' thoughts

31 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Has he made a comment about all of these people publicly taking shots at him?

The fans were booing Luck last night. No wonder he wants to retire, with that kind of support.

40 minutes ago, devaster said:

Can never predict injuries. The lacerated kidney and shoulder injury really did him in. Otherwise he was on a HoF trajectory. I don't think he was a bust at all. He was a great QB when healthy. He took some really bad teams deep into the playoffs when they had no business being there early in his career. Then it got derailed by injuries.

Peyton's career in Indy was also derailed by a serious injury that popped up out of nowhere and ended up ultimately shortening his career. I question what goes on behind the scenes in Indy and their FO, owner, and medical staff.

Agree 100% about the injures. You can't plan for them. I don't think he is retiring this year if he isn't injured, again. However he was drafted to be the next Peyton Manning in Indy and win a Super Bowl. He didn't do it. Certainly a disappointment, if not a bust.

Peyton played 18 seasons, until he was 39 years old. Hard to say his career was cut short. Luck is 29.