Silentop

Goodbye McCoy

58 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I actually didn't check it, I just remember the call from when it happened lol. That was the Bills best opportunity to win one. After that, they were all basically blow outs. I worked with a devout Bills fan at that time (during the 4 Super Bowl run), he was devastated after each loss. Of course, by the 4th, he had pretty much resigned himself to the outcome being a foregone conclusion.

Just like the Vikings!

4 minutes ago, nveagle5 said:

Just like the Vikings!

To be fair to the Vikings, theirs weren't 4 in a row, and Tarkenton was only the QB for 3 of them. Joe Kapp played in Super Bowl IV. So the Bills have the sole distinction of having lost 4 in a row, and Kelly has the sole distinction of being the QB in 4 straight Super Bowls (and to lose all 4).

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

To be fair to the Vikings, theirs weren't 4 in a row, and Tarkenton was only the QB for 3 of them. Joe Kapp played in Super Bowl IV. So the Bills have the sole distinction of having lost 4 in a row, and Kelly has the sole distinction of being the QB in 4 straight Super Bowls (and to lose all 4).

Details.

7 hours ago, Runtherock said:

Glad he’s not coming here. Bad guy and a bad influence in DJax.

There's a part of me that wants him back . . . I guess because of fond memories like "The Snow Bowl"  etc.

But he has had a number of off-the-field issues which are well known to all of us. If you check his bio you'll

find it was his mother who nick-named him 'Shady' because of his rapid mood-swings. We heard about one

of those 'mood swings' 3, 4 years ago which included a bar-fight with off duty cops in downtown Philly.  

And last year's productivity was none too special:

Attempts              Yds.                     Avg. Rush                  TD                        Recieving Yds.

161                    514                            3.2                          3                                  34

He may have a few years left where he could at least be 'adequate' in the right scheme . . .

but my sense is the Eags should be developing the talent they have.

After all: it's not like the Eags are hurting at the RB position.

If he were to fall into our hands for almost nothing, sure: why not??

Otherwise: PASS.                                       

9 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

There's a part of me that wants him back . . . I guess because of fond memories like "The Snow Bowl"  etc.

But he has had off-the-field issues which are well known to all of us. And last year's productivity was none too special:

Attempts              Yds.                     Avg. Rush                  TD                        Recieving Yds.

161                    514                            3.2                          3                                  34

He may have a few years left where he could at least be 'adequate' in the right scheme . . .

but my sense is the Eags should be developing the talent they have.

After all: it's not like the Eags are hurting at the RB position.

If he were to fall into our hands for almost nothing, sure: why not??

Otherwise: PASS.                                       

Yep and his best days are behind him.   Not much tread left on those tires.