Sign in to follow this  
DaBirdwatcher

Melvin Gordon just started following eagles on IG

I am not even sure how that would work. Gordon, Howard, Sanders... No way. Unless they send Howard in the trade? I just dont see that happening. 

3 minutes ago, Captain F said:

I am not even sure how that would work. Gordon, Howard, Sanders... No way. Unless they send Howard in the trade? I just dont see that happening. 

Worked when we had Blount and Ajayi and a rookie named clement.  

Get the talent....coach will figure out the chemistry and how to use it.  

44 minutes ago, DaBirdwatcher said:

Worked when we had Blount and Ajayi and a rookie named clement.  

Get the talent....coach will figure out the chemistry and how to use it.  

Does it slow ur hype down a little that he added the Raiders, Falcons and 49ers as well????

By now you should know players use the Eagles to gain hype from other teams. 

5 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Does it slow ur hype down a little that he added the Raiders, Falcons and 49ers as well????

By now you should know players use the Eagles to gain hype from other teams. 

Nah...he wants to win....none of those teams are gonna win.  

In all seriousness, shady basically did the same and people just associated his name with teams that had needs and he  signed immediately with KC. So none of it really matters because we don’t know what conversations are being had.  Nobody does.  Even Rappaport.  He’s guessing like all of us.  

But if I’m Howie, I’m looking hard into adding more talent.  I personally don’t believe we get much out of sproles and clement this year and a rookie RB is basically the #2 so, knowing how backs get banged up and knowing that Howard runs hard....I’d get an insurance policy.  

Gordon is just a name. The stats really dont match the hype. 4.0 ypc over 4 years. Only reason its that high is because he finally reached 5.0 last year. Only 1 season over 1k, yes a few others close but still short. Hes only had 1 season that he was healthy the entire season on top of that. 

I just dont see the productivity match the hype. No way hes worth his asking price. Id pass

21 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Gordon is just a name. The stats really dont match the hype. 4.0 ypc over 4 years. Only reason its that high is because he finally reached 5.0 last year. Only 1 season over 1k, yes a few others close but still short. Hes only had 1 season that he was healthy the entire season on top of that. 

I just dont see the productivity match the hype. No way hes worth his asking price. Id pass

He’s also been in a system that favors the pass and has a qb that’s attempted 33+ passes a game over the course of his career. And then factor in that he was injured 3/4 years and only played 16 games one season in which he also split carries almost evenly with ekeler and still put up 1000 yards.  If you can’t see the talent there then you’re watching the wrong sport man.  I would take him here over clement, sproles and sanders.  Oh and by the way over the last 3 seasons, he has only 300 less yards than our current starting Rb.

so I’ll say again.  Go get it done Howie.  The running game was atrocious last year.  It’s better now. But Howard and Gordon together would be unstoppable 

The Eagles aren't going to invest big money in a RB.  Not going to happen. No point in even thinking about it.  And, trading him to have him play just one year on his rookie deal will cost way too much in draft picks to be worth just a one year rental.  The Eagles won the SB with a RB by committee with each player contributing in different roles.  That is exactly how the current RB situation is built.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

The Eagles aren't going to invest big money in a RB.  Not going to happen. No point in even thinking about it.  And, trading him to have him play just one year on his rookie deal will cost way too much in draft picks to be worth just a one year rental.  The Eagles won the SB with a RB by committee with each player contributing in different roles.  That is exactly how the current RB situation is built.

But Howard and sanders are not Blount and Ajayi.  They invested in those guys for basically rentals.  It’s not out of the question.  

26 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I don’t think he’s a fit or that eagles will trade for him but no offense your post sounds like you just today looked at his stats and never saw him play. His hype isn’t because of his stats it’s because he’s a really good player. 

Just now, DaBirdwatcher said:

But Howard and sanders are not Blount and Ajayi.  They invested in those guys for basically rentals.  It’s not out of the question.  

Blount and Ajayi's trade value is nowhere near what Gordon's trade value would be.  Gordon's talent level is higher than those guys' talent level was and Gordon is healthier than Ajayi was.

9 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I don’t think he’s a fit or that eagles will trade for him but no offense your post sounds like you just today looked at his stats and never saw him play. His hype isn’t because of his stats it’s because he’s a really good player. 

Been watching him for a while but yes I do fact check where I need to and yes I did Check stats to verify what I thought I knew which is he produced even despite his injuries.  I don’t buy hype and hype doesn’t win.  But you can’t make up his stats.  Dude is a productive player . H me would be a good fit here IMO especially since Howard always hits a mid season wall.  I know this because I have owned him in fF and always handcuff Cohen to him and inevitably Cohen finishes the season.  Howard is going to slump.  Bank on it.  And sanders better be something by then, cuz sproles and clement doesn’t sound that great.  

18 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Blount and Ajayi's trade value is nowhere near what Gordon's trade value would be.  Gordon's talent level is higher than those guys' talent level was and Gordon is healthier than Ajayi was.

Not arguing value to go get.  Saying that current talent isn’t what it was in the SB run at that position and going to get him would be a good move.  

Hed be a fantastic addition to this team that's for sure. I don't know how Doug and Duce would make it work but it's a good problem to have. But to me it means nothing so I'm not going to start thinking of the possibility.

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hed be a fantastic addition to this team that's for sure. I don't know how Doug and Duce would make it work but it's a good problem to have. But to me it means nothing so I'm not going to start thinking of the possibility.

Fair.  But its a topic worth discussing.  Especially if you want Carson to have AMWAP.  

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

This.

The Chargers were 12-4 last year.  They went 4-0 when Gordon did not play due to injury, and 2-0 when he played but wasn’t the leading rusher.

6-4 when he was the leading rusher.

Players follow other players all the time... I personally would find it odd them trading for Gordon a week before the season starts esp. When they have Howard, Sanders, Sproles and Clement. Is there really a need for Gordon? 

Yeah, no, we’re good at RB. And almost every other position on this team.

Really... we need a thumper in the middle capable of 150+ tackles. Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner, anyone?

7 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

I was just gonna post the same thing.  Honestly I don’t understand all the hype.  He had 5.0 ypc last season but mostly 3.9s before that.  Also only carried for 800 yards.  Why is this guy holding out?

40 minutes ago, judunno said:

I'd trade Howard and something for him. I like his receiving ability.

Why? Jordan has had more yards and  ypc in the last 2 years then Gordon with having a limited role as well. I think people are underestimating Howard quite a bit. 

Not to mention Howard will want somewhere in the 5-6 mill range per year where Gordon wants in the 13-15 per year. 

IDK, Im doing the math and seeing Howard as the better option. 

45 minutes ago, judunno said:

I'd trade Howard and something for him. I like his receiving ability.

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

This.

The Chargers were 12-4 last year.  They went 4-0 when Gordon did not play due to injury, and 2-0 when he played but wasn’t the leading rusher.

6-4 when he was the leading rusher.

Are the Chargers willing to let him go for nothing?  And is he willing to sign for cheap? And is he willing to be our #3 TE and maybe also play STs?

No?

Not interested then.

6 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

Are the Chargers willing to let him go for nothing?  And is he willing to sign for cheap? And is he willing to be our #3 TE and maybe also play STs?

No?

Not interested then.

The chargers are willing to let him sit out apparently.  He’s not willing to play on his rookie (cheap deal).  I don’t know if he can play TE but why not try.  And doubtful on special teams.  BUT, he can run the rock.  And the Super Bowl season should prove you have to have multiple guys that can do that.  And he’s better than at least 2, maybe 3 of the guys at his position here.  So....I’d call and at least look into this.  Alot of people wanted clowney here in a similar situation because he instantly improved the position and the chances at a Super Bowl.  Gordon would do the same.  It would be easier to find a role for him here than it was for Tate, I’d assume anyway.   

I find it weird that he started following like every running back we have had in the last 5 years