Sign in to follow this  
DakZekeDez

Is Goff really worth that money?

What did Goff get? The answer is, based on numbers yes. Based on the eye test and what I think will happen to him a lot after that SB game then no. 

Yes he’s worth it. He’s good. A lot are equating his success to the Rams offense, but it doesn’t work that way. Very few men on Earth can run it as proficiently as he can.

is he a top 10 QB? No. Is he worth 100m$ guaranteed to the rams? Heck yes.

When you need the HC to talk to you until the mic shuts off then you’re not worth that kind of money

11 hours ago, DakZekeDez said:

Not happening, sweetie. 

You're right, he's probably going to get a little more. Jerruh will fold like paper at an Origami tournament.

As for Goff, No I don't think he's worth that much, but he's their guy. 

39 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

You're right, he's probably going to get a little more. Jerruh will fold like paper at an Origami tournament.

As for Goff, No I don't think he's worth that much, but he's their guy. 

So what did you think about Wentz contract? 

30 minutes ago, gch said:

At an average annual salary of 25.7MM it was at the upper end of what I thought was acceptable. Russell Wilson's is still a little more overall, so while the guaranteed $ for Wentz is high, it's not a cap busting deal. I think overall, Wentz is a much better QB than Goff. For example, Doug doesn't have to speed talk instructions into him before the headset cuts off on every snap to get a successful play run.

Howie also structured the contract brilliantly, as he always does. Interesting that there is a 2020 option the team can exercise which converts to base salary and pays Wentz 31.8MM in total for that season when 2 other things are expected. 1. The Eagles will part with a few older players, and restructure a few other players, the combined cost of which covers that increase. 2. the CBA expires after that season and with that 30MM off the books, they should be poised to have cap freedom when the new CBA is enacted and a new salary cap instituted. 

Quarterbacks are expensive and take up a significant % of the cap, but I think the Wentz contract made sure the kid got paid while keeping as much flexibility as possible to sign or keep talent across the roster. Given it's a QB contract, I like it a lot and I think he's worth it.

14 hours ago, DakZekeDez said:

Dude looked like a puppet in the SB without Todd Gurley.

But RBs aren't important....:wacko:

2 hours ago, gch said:

Do you think that Carson is a franchise QB?

15 hours ago, DakZekeDez said:

Dude looked like a puppet in the SB without Todd Gurley.

Part of that was that McVay was completely overmatched as well.

The projection on Goff leading up to the draft was that he was the most NFL-ready but that he would be a Good rather than Great QB.  The first part of that did not turn out to be true.  He was not ready.  The second part has turned out to be on target.  The SB was clearly too much for him.  He was visibly a Deer In The Headlights.  The stage was too big for him.  (Insert any other cliche you prefer.)

5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

But RBs aren't important....:wacko:

They are important but you don't draft that high for a RB

I do hope you guys run Barkley into the ground soon though. Especially before you get your next franchise QB. Though I'd be happier if your GM was dumb enough to trade him out of the division:lol:

Goff comes off as a Ferrari Qb and I get that term from MLB pitchers.  You know the ones who are practically unhittable for long stretches, but then some little thing throws them off and they give up 6 ER in 1.2?  That's Goff.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Goff comes off as a Ferrari Qb and I get that term from MLB pitchers.  You know the ones who are practically unhittable for long stretches, but then some little thing throws them off and they give up 6 ER in 1.2?  That's Goff.

Gabe would leave him in there for 6.2 then. 

3 hours ago, mike030270 said:

They are important but you don't draft that high for a RB

I do hope you guys run Barkley into the ground soon though. Especially before you get your next franchise QB. Though I'd be happier if your GM was dumb enough to trade him out of the division:lol:

If they’re as talented as Zeke and Barkley, yes, you do. 

We already have our next franchise QB and the team has been managing Barkley’s workload. He’ll be fine. 

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Do you think that Carson is a franchise QB?

I do, unless he doesn’t return to 2017 form or can’t stay healthy. He had good numbers last year but didn’t win enough games. I believe you don’t make playoffs last year with Wentz at QB. I like Wentz and he has the talent to be a very good if not elite QB for a long time. I also believe that Dak is better then all the bad press he gets. Funny how everyone puts him in the same conversation as Goff and Wentz. That should mean something. And most importantly is that Dak just wins footballs games. 

9 minutes ago, gch said:

I do ...

Then there wasn't a better option than to sign him early, knowing that Goff would get a huge deal and even Prescott.

As for the 'unless', that can be said of any QB. "He's a franchise QB, unless...".

Do you think that Prescott is a franchise QB, worth more than Carson or Goff?

10 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

We already have our next franchise QB and the team has been managing Barkley’s workload. He’ll be fine. 

I dislike comments like 'hope you run Barkley into the ground'. Barkey is a standup guy from anything I've ever seen an heard, a PHENOMENAL talent, and puts in the work to maintain that (isn't some cocky F being lazy and taking his abilities for granted). Someone like that, especially in this day and age of entitlement and me-me-me, deserves to have a long and prosperous career that every one of us can sit back and enjoy. Do you know who was EXCEPTIONAL in that mold? LaDanian Tomlinson. Do you know what he never did? Stop/prevent the Eagles from winning a Super Bowl or steal one from them. Meaning Barkley, even as a division rival, can have a HOF career and the Eagles franchise can still be Division winners and Super Bowl contenders every year of that dude's career. 

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

Meaning Barkley, even as a division rival, can have a HOF career and the Eagles franchise can still be Division winners and Super Bowl contenders every year of that dude's career

And that's absolutely good by me. I enjoy watching him play, he's a hell of a player and one we should enjoy whilst he's around. But I also don't want him to do us any damage. 

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that's absolutely good by me. I enjoy watching him play, he's a hell of a player and one we should enjoy whilst he's around. But I also don't want him to do us any damage. 

Was a response to Mike (not quoted) above saying he hopes the Giants run him into the ground soon. That is a horrible mindset!

25 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Was a response to Mike (not quoted) above saying he hopes the Giants run him into the ground soon. That is a horrible mindset!

No no I know I'm just saying I agree with you. 

13 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I was really hoping that the Browns would draft Barkley. I didn't want the Giants to get him.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was really hoping that the Browns would draft Barkley. I didn't want the Giants to get him.

Ditto.