weko

I Predict Raiders Cut Brown & Redskins Sign Him

Brown will be a Redskin by Tuesday.  Only Snyder is dumb enough to sign him now.

I'd like to say you're crazy, and this will never happen...but I can't.

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'd like to say you're crazy, and this will never happen...but I can't.

Raiders haven't paid Brown a cent yet.  He has already nullified his guarantees by missing a walk through and practice, both unexcused.  He verbally threatens the GM.  Then there's the Instigram posts mocking the team and its rules.  They have suspended him, the first step necessary to cutting him with cause.  Now they can cut him and completely get out of his contract but only if they do it by Saturday.  If he's on the roster Sunday his 14+ mil contract is guaranteed for the season.  I think Mayock might tell Gruden it's him or me.  I don't see how they don't cut him at this point.

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

God I hope not. They'd find a way to get him his helmet. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

They do a baseline neurological check on these guys before the season starts right? I wonder what his looked like. I think he needs help

1 hour ago, weko said:

Raiders haven't paid Brown a cent yet.  He has already nullified his guarantees by missing a walk through and practice, both unexcused.  He verbally threatens the GM.  Then there's the Instigram posts mocking the team and its rules.  They have suspended him, the first step necessary to cutting him with cause.  Now they can cut him and completely get out of his contract but only if they do it by Saturday.  If he's on the roster Sunday his 14+ mil contract is guaranteed for the season.  I think Mayock might tell Gruden it's him or me.  I don't see how they don't cut him at this point.

They have picks invested in him. They won't cut him. They will hold him hostage till they can get something back for him. Or he plays well to get money back. 

16 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

They have picks invested in him. They won't cut him. They will hold him hostage till they can get something back for him. Or he plays well to get money back. 

They had like a billion picks. Guess they could get 5th back. Maybe.

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

They had like a billion picks. Guess they could get 5th back. Maybe.

I don't know I just don't think they flat out cut him. They are gonna want to get something out of him even if that means just dealing with it and let him play after a 1 game suspension

Gtfoh 

cut him, and still have 30 mil of dead cap?  

if cutting him was so easy it would have been done Already.  

they're Fed.  

13 minutes ago, DaBirdwatcher said:

Gtfoh 

cut him, and still have 30 mil of dead cap?  

if cutting him was so easy it would have been done Already.  

they're Fed.  

If the raiders do in fact suspend him that voids the 30 million they owe him. 

4 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

If the raiders do in fact suspend him that voids the 30 million they owe him. 

I think it still counts on the cap though.  I read that earlier but I admit I do not know for sure.  

1 hour ago, DaBirdwatcher said:

I think it still counts on the cap though.  I read that earlier but I admit I do not know for sure.  

I think you have to pay out cash to have it count vs the cap. They have not yet paid Brown a cent and now can get out of the guarantees.

1 hour ago, weko said:

I think you have to pay out cash to have it count vs the cap. They have not yet paid Brown a cent and now can get out of the guarantees.

Maybe  @Don Corleone can confirm but afaik he has $30m in dead cap money regardless.  Whether they pay him or not is a different question... but as I said earlier AB has all the power here because even if Mayok says F you and doesn’t fix this, he still had to account for the cap hit.  So he might as well work it out and let him play because he’s counting against the books anyway 

what amazes me is Gruden lives and dies by this guy......dude, you aren't winning a SB with or without him. STOP.

52 minutes ago, DaBirdwatcher said:

Maybe  @Don Corleone can confirm but afaik he has $30m in dead cap money regardless.  Whether they pay him or not is a different question... but as I said earlier AB has all the power here because even if Mayok says F you and doesn’t fix this, he still had to account for the cap hit.  So he might as well work it out and let him play because he’s counting against the books anyway 

I would like to know that for sure.  How can there be dead cap money for money that was never paid?  We always hear about teams cutting a player to save money on the cap.  The dead money part is the prorated part of the signing bonus paid upfront.  As it is normally spread out over the life of the deal, that amount scheduled for future years would accelerate into the current year as dead money when that player is cut.  Brown has not been paid any money and if suspended the Raiders claim he is nor longer guaranteed any money.  The CBA is fairly precise in its language over issues like this.  I don't see much grey area for AB's reps to maneuver.

6 hours ago, weko said:

I would like to know that for sure.  How can there be dead cap money for money that was never paid?  We always hear about teams cutting a player to save money on the cap.  The dead money part is the prorated part of the signing bonus paid upfront.  As it is normally spread out over the life of the deal, that amount scheduled for future years would accelerate into the current year as dead money when that player is cut.  Brown has not been paid any money and if suspended the Raiders claim he is nor longer guaranteed any money.  The CBA is fairly precise in its language over issues like this.  I don't see much grey area for AB's reps to maneuver.

I read an article yesterday saying it's in his contract that they don't have to pay out that bonus if he gets suspended. How accurate it is im not sure. 

On 9/5/2019 at 7:17 PM, weko said:

I think Mayock might tell Gruden it's him or me.  I don't see how they don't cut him at this point.

I've never liked loud-mouthed, attention-seeking Mayock, I'd take Brown over his arse any day.

4 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

Contract voided. He is done. 

was it or is this a prediction?

1 minute ago, Silentop said:

was it or is this a prediction?

Guarantees voided and he said he's not playing for the Raiders.

1 minute ago, IFB DOG said:

Guarantees voided and he said he's not playing for the Raiders.

what a friggin tool bag man, I hope no one signs him.