Sign in to follow this  
EagleJoe8

Week 1 Open Discussion.

We had our first taste of real football last night, and rumor has it, a bunch more will be played Sunday afternoon. Hopefully with better quality than what we saw last night, but expect more of the same through week 1 as more starters league wide get back in the swing of things.

Antonio Brown is off to a great start in Oakland. He's frozen his feet. Griped about his helmet. Missed a bunch of practice time. Publicly posted a letter from the team about his fine while mocking the team. Threatened to clock Mike Mayock, the GM, and has gotten himself suspended before ever playing a game. Look for Brown's name and number to be added to the Oakland Ring of Honor sometime in the coming months.

After a lengthy holdout, and some butthurtedness, Zeke Elliott has returned to Dallas after being made the highest paid RB.

In the same division, Trent Williams still has not reported to the Redskins, and may never play for them again.

Colts fans will get to have all their hopes and dreams realized of seeing Jacoby Brisset lead their team to greatness.

For the first time in many years, Marvin Lewis won't be speculated to be on the hot seat. He's currently on the no seat as Cincy finally woke up and moved on.

Somewhere in the world exists a person who is actually excited about watching the Jets and Bills to kick off the season. Unlikely we'll ever find this person.

Welcome back everyone. Talk about the games you'll be watching.

Eagles/R-Words to get my hate on

Dallas/NY ...want to see what wrinkles, if any the new Dallas OC brings....

KC/Jags could be interesting. Then again, I thought the same thing about GB/Bears.

And Antonio Brown is done in Oakland. That’s got to be a sheety feeling giving up assets in a trade and getting nothing after all is said and done. 

Rams vs Panthers

Titans vs Browns

Chiefs vs Jaguars 

Ravens vs Dolphins

Falcons vs Vikings

Bills vs Jets

Redskins vs Eagles

Colts vs Chargers

Bengals vs Seahawks

Lions vs Cardinals

Giants vs Cowboys

49ers vs Buccaneers

Steelers vs Patriots

Texans vs Saints

Broncos vs Raiders

On 9/6/2019 at 12:46 PM, Stephen1 said:

Eagles/R-Words to get my hate on

Dallas/NY ...want to see what wrinkles, if any the new Dallas OC brings....

I think there will be wrinkles. Also tons of flags in the first few weeks. Look at the GB and Chicago game from thursday night. 

1 minute ago, gch said:

I think there will be wrinkles. Also tons of flags in the first few weeks. Look at the GB and Chicago game from thursday night. 

I just want some run routes and pick plays added, try to get Zeke and Cooper the ball in space... ring the offense at least into the early 2000’s

31 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I just want some run routes and pick plays added, try to get Zeke and Cooper the ball in space... ring the offense at least into the early 2000’s

I loved the Cowboys offense in the early 2000's. Those Dave Campo seasons were my favorite by far. He should have had a lifetime contract.

On 9/6/2019 at 12:39 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

Welcome back everyone. Talk about the games you'll be watching.

Jets are at Bills early . . . so I'll prolly watch the Jets after the Eags get a good lead.

Giants are at Cowpies at 4:25 so that's a 'must watch'. This way I can scout all of our NFC East foes.

There's usually one or two other late games so I'll see what's available then.

I'll prolly check out the Steelers at Pats game to see how that one goes.

'Must Beat Brady . . . Must Beat Brady . . .'

The first Mon. Nite game features Houston at Nawleans so that one should be interesting.

2nd game ( 10:20 Eastern Time?! )  is Denver at Oakland.  Don't care about Denver but I do want to see how Oakland fares.

Curious to see how 'The Gruden Factor' progresses, if at all.

'CHUCKY'  is on the hot seat . . . 

Eagles and then Vagiant/Brokebacks.

Would love to see a dominate win by us, then the have the other game look be a debacle between two incompetent messes.

7 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Chiefs vs Jaguars 

I hope the Jags win, but I think the Chiefs win this one big. The Jags don't have the weapons for Nick. Also, they have a 3rd string tackle starting tomorrow that has to go against Frank Clark.  Nick might not make it through the game when you consider that.

10 hours ago, pencil face said:

These topics need to always have F the Patriots in them..

Week 2 Open Discussion F the Patriots..

I'll echo this. F the Patriots. 

So now Melvin Gordon is planning to report between weeks 6 and 8 according to NFLN.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

So now Melvin Gordon is planning to report between weeks 6 and 8 according to NFLN.

That'll be to do with losing money or something?

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That'll be to do with losing money or something?

A year towards FA.

I mean I know it’s a huge news thing and all but is he even playing today? NFLN needs to move onto the teams playing today

Just now, mike030270 said:

I mean I know it’s a huge news thing and all but is he even playing today? NFLN needs to move onto the teams playing today

No, not eligible.

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

Can the Giants please win today? I don’t see it happening but please?

I had to give up my Sunday Ticket for the season, but fortunately, I get that game. I'm only a Giants fan twice a season. Today is one of those days.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I had to give up my Sunday Ticket for the season, but fortunately, I get that game. I'm only a Giants fan twice a season. Today is one of those days.

I’m using the Sunday Ticket to watch the Eagles game so I’ll probably just rewatch the games on Game Pass

3 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I’m using the Sunday Ticket to watch the Eagles game so I’ll probably just rewatch the games on Game Pass

Come to think of it, the ticket is sometimes free during week 1. I’ll have to check.