Sign in to follow this  
nipples

Tyreek Hill 3 year, $54M extension

Wow, really KC?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001051530/article/chiefs-wr-tyreek-hill-signs-3year-54m-extension

Not only do they not lay down any kind of punishment for this dude, but they give him a huge payday. Unbelievable. 

I used to kind of root for the Chiefs when they’d play because of Andy... at this point I hope they crash and burn. 

19 minutes ago, nipples said:

I used to kind of root for the Chiefs when they’d play because of Andy... at this point I hope they crash and burn. 

I used to and still do, root against the Chiefs because of Andy

Still boggles my mind how important video footage of stuff like this is.

Lightly kicking a girl you're in an altercation with and it's caught on video - immediate dismissal from team and 6 game suspension.

Audio where you admit to beating your wife and kid (with kid sustaining broken arm) after a history of domestic abuse, but no video - 3 years $54 million.

Ridiculous.

We all knew this was coming, but it still feels like a slap in the face. Although i'm sure that contract is littered with stipulations.

I don't wish injury on anyone,  but i wouldn't be sad if he broke his arm the first time he touches the ball.

There must not be any women’s rights advocacy group putting pressure on KC. This is a bold "F-You” to the people who were outraged by the charges. Where is the NFL? No suspension? 

Just like in the real world, where there are different rules depending on your connections;  if you are an outstanding player, you get preferential treatment. 

He should be breaking rocks right now and if he sucked, he probably would be.

1 hour ago, lamont said:

There must not be any women’s rights advocacy group putting pressure on KC. This is a bold "F-You” to the people who were outraged by the charges. Where is the NFL? No suspension? 

Apperently no video no problem

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Feels like a bargain price from a football point of view alone?

Naw, it’s a huge deal. Not sure on the structure but $54M over 3 years comes to $18M per... which ties him with OBJ as the second highest paid WR (based on per year salary), behind only Michael Thomas. 

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

They haven’t updated with Hill’s new contract yet. 

6 hours ago, nipples said:

Naw, it’s a huge deal. Not sure on the structure but $54M over 3 years comes to $18M per... which ties him with OBJ as the second highest paid WR (based on per year salary), behind only Michael Thomas. 

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

They haven’t updated with Hill’s new contract yet. 

Ok yeah when I work out the annual amount it's pretty big. Mind you he's one of the best WRs in the league and absolutely essential to that team. 

Lol Goodell has the punishments so Fed in the league. Stuff like this and nothing. Take some over the counter pills or smoke a little weed and you're suspended

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

Lol Goodell has the punishments so Fed in the league. Stuff like this and nothing. Take some over the counter pills or smoke a little weed and you're suspended

Yeah it is completely messed up and you have to wonder where the league is heading with him in charge. 

23 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Just like in the real world, where there are different rules depending on your connections;  if you are an outstanding player, you get preferential treatment. 

He should be breaking rocks right now and if he sucked, he probably would be.

Hill not being suspended has a lot to do with the fact that his QB is Patrick Mahomes and the NFL is desperate to make sure it's newest cash cow stays on top.;.. Taking away his top receiver could result in negative consequences for Mahomes on the field and consequently the NFL's pockets...  That or its some type of make up for the Zeke suspension fiasco a few seasons ago...

Either way it's complete b.s.

In all honesty I can't believe people aren't making a bigger deal about this...  But then again..   If the shoe were on the other foot  and Hill was suspended under the same cloud of suspicion every news outlet in the country would be all over it...  

Goodell needs to go plain and simple...   I have no idea weather Hill did this or not...  But to simply just act like Goodell does without waiting for the legal process to sort itself out is just crazy...  As of July  which is the most recent article on the topic the mother was still filing for full custody and child support from Hill...  She refused to talk to Goodell which in my opinion is probably under the legal advice of her lawyer.   This is literally the sole reason Goodell is not suspending Hill....   This is his argument anyways.

4 hours ago, Baynit said:

Hill not being suspended has a lot to do with the fact that his QB is Patrick Mahomes and the NFL is desperate to make sure it's newest cash cow stays on top.;.. Taking away his top receiver could result in negative consequences for Mahomes on the field and consequently the NFL's pockets...  That or its some type of make up for the Zeke suspension fiasco a few seasons ago...

Sounds conspiratorial, but it's true. Hill is an electrifying player and helps Mahomes succeed quite a bit. Any other guy would have been in the wind at this point.

2 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Sounds conspiratorial, but it's true. Hill is an electrifying player and helps Mahomes succeed quite a bit. Any other guy would have been in the wind at this point.

I agree man it sounds like some tin foil hat crap...   But I can't come up with any other explanation.   I mean unless i'm missing some key info in this case..  But to my knowledge what I mentioned above is where the case is at..  She's filing for custody and the police have classified the case as "not active"   which means they  aren't going to charge either because it's a he said she said thing and they can't take the testimony of a 3 year old into account..   Unless new evidence comes to light.  

On 9/6/2019 at 4:43 PM, Captain F said:

I don't wish injury on anyone,  but i wouldn't be sad if he broke his arm the first time he touches the ball.

:pizza: