Sign in to follow this  
Eagles9193

NFL Ties

So stupid

these money hungry b!tches say they’re making game safer by shortening OT, they should do away with Thursday night football (minus thanksgiving) 

play the full 15 min

I'm cool with ties.  I'd nix overtime all together except for playoffs and even for playoffs would bring back sudden death.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm cool with ties.  I'd nix overtime all together except for playoffs and even for playoffs would bring back sudden death.

Agreed win in regular time or stop whining. 

10 hours ago, lorddevn said:

Agreed win in regular time or stop whining. 

You wanna win, go for 2 instead of kicking that extra point.  Go for the TD instead settling for a FG.  Stop this madness of trying to create the fairytale most perfect most fair overtime that all fans will love and just give us the excitement and the big decisions at the end of regulation.

I thought Mike Nolan as coach of the 49ers had the right idea

2008-03-03-0mikenolan.jpg

59 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Wait a minute... a game can end in a tie? Since when?

Since...

Image result for mcnabb

12 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

A tie game got us into the playoffs in 2008

And 2018. Vikings tie eliminated their head-to-head tiebreaker over Eagles.

Had Eagles lost (instead of tied) against Bengals in 2008, maybe Reid gets fired from Eagles and Jon Gruden stays in TB longer. Reid getting fired in 2008 may mean no Chip Kelly (Eagles needed to go through that dark time to be great) . It also may mean no Nick Foles and D. Pederson may have never coached in Philly and instead follows Reid to his next team, which. may mean no Super Bowl for Eagles.

35 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It wouldn't

I say have a 15 min clock

same scoring rules TD wins it, FG play on...

BUT don’t have a running clock, I hate it when the wind the clocks after a guy goes out of bounds with 10 min left in quarter

if ties happen they happen, but it was pretty uncommon under previous rules/ time allotments 

1 hour ago, Eagles9193 said:

Best thing hockey did was get rid of them

how would the nfl version of a shootout work ? 

Needed a dislike button for this one. Shootouts absolutely suck.

1 hour ago, Eagles9193 said:

I say have a 15 min clock

same scoring rules TD wins it, FG play on...

BUT don’t have a running clock, I hate it when the wind the clocks after a guy goes out of bounds with 10 min left in quarter

if ties happen they happen, but it was pretty uncommon under previous rules/ time allotments 

I say leave it as it is, if not that, then go back to what it was or do away with sudden death all together and just play until there's a winner like they'd do in the post-season.

But the best option would be to just not tinker with it. It works as it is.

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I say leave it as it is, if not that, then go back to what it was or do away with sudden death all together and just play until there's a winner like they'd do in the post-season.

But the best option would be to just not tinker with it. It works as it is.

OT needs to be 15 minutes again. FG on first possession not ending game is a good move. People complain about TDs on first possession end game. They want other team to get a chance to get one as well, and I disagree. 

9 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm fine with ties, but I was pretty surprised that the NFL did something that automatically guaranteed more of them.

The best thing about more regular season ties is that there would be less tie-breakers at the end of the season.  Two teams ending in a tie after 60 minutes is a perfectly reasonable outcome.  One 10-6 team making the playoffs over another because of stats is to me, more offensive.

10 hours ago, rocketman44 said:

A tie can act as a tie-breaker. A weirdly convenient thing.

Exactly.  If every team in the league has 0-3 ties , suddenly the likelihood of same records decreases immensely.  We just saw this last year, where 8-7-1 Minnesota missed playoffs to eagles 9-7 while Pittsburgh's 9-6-1 missed it to 10-6 Colts/Ravens.