Sign in to follow this  
xzmattzx

Nick Foles out indefinitely (broken clavicle)

I didn't see a dedicated thread in here, the proper section for this.  Jaguars QB Nick Foles broke his clavicle early in the game against the Chiefs today.  This is the same clavicle broken in 2014.  He is out indefinitely; clavicles apparently take 6-8 weeks to heal.  He could be placed on IR and designated to return, which would mean he could come back on November 17.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27568751/jaguars-foles-breaks-clavicle-indefinitely

Until they fix that OL and give Foles a decent TE, Nick would be wise to try not to return this year. I don't think Jax is a very good football team. They have some talent on defense, but I think they are more like last year's team than the team in 2017.  They are following the Colts model (when they drafted Luck) of not giving their QB enough of a supporting cast and expecting the QB to work miracles.

16 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Until they fix that OL and give Foles a decent TE, Nick would be wise to try not to return this year. 

Weak sauce.  For the guaranteed money he got, if he is healthy he plays.

Scary to see the same injury just a few years later. Could be a fluke or something to be concerned for the rest of his career. Seriously though one of the few people in the league that does not deserve this to happen to him. Breaks my damn heart.

Nick would never say it was intentional . That's just not the kind of man he is. This is the same shoulder as last time. Only this time he will have surgery to repair it. 

Like you said Sturm, one of the few players in the NFL that doesn't deserve to have things like this happen to him. Such a good guy. Brakes my heart too. 

I expect Foles will be back in about 8 weeks or so.

10 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Until they fix that OL and give Foles a decent TE, Nick would be wise to try not to return this year. I don't think Jax is a very good football team. They have some talent on defense, but I think they are more like last year's team than the team in 2017.  They are following the Colts model (when they drafted Luck) of not giving their QB enough of a supporting cast and expecting the QB to work miracles.

Former NY Giants HC Tom Coughlin is still part of the 'brain-trust' of that team, right?  Surely he must know that in order for a pocket-passer (Eli Manning and now Nick Foles) needs protection up front.  Foles said the guy who hit him was a former team-mate and wouldn't be looking to hurt him or anything. Coulda fooled me . . . video of the hit shows two defenders meeting Foles just as he releases the ball . . . the guy on the right holds up and just sort of shoves him down. But the dude on the left, #95, zeros in on him and borderline pile-drives Foles to the ground. It prolly wasn't enough of a hit to warrant a flag but it was close and there was an official right there to make the call. If that was Tom Brady does the flag come out? My opinion is: the defender did not need to aggressively crush Foles to the ground on that play. He was already going down after contact. This is why QBs get hurt. That hit cost Jacksonville millions and ruins it for fans of Foles who want to see if he can do well in another environment.  DOH!!   

10 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

Hopefully he gets better quickly.

Lol at trying to get Foles to say it was a dirty hit. That’s just not him

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

Lol at trying to get Foles to say it was a dirty hit. That’s just not him

In fairness, I think they had to ask since his teammates were talking about it.

Didn’t watch the game so I didn’t see the play. Yea that should have been a flag but Foles still wouldn’t say it

So bummed about this.  Was really looking forward to having an AFC team to pull for this year.  Heal fast Nick.

placed on IR. Wow, poor guy. that sucks