Sign in to follow this  
nicks

Dak vs Carson

Should be very interesting......Are the Dak doubters still out there?? Hate the Girls but with his weapons you can't count them out.....Why should the Eagles not be worried?

The morons will still be morons...crazy to doubt either guy 

I may be one of the few here but I actually wanted Chip to draft Dak to run his offense. I think Dak is a good QB, definitely not as bad as people are letting on and I definitely don’t think he would hinder Dallas’ success with a big contract like people also think. That being said I think Carson is going to have the better career should he stay healthy but Dak is no slouch. Should make for a good rivalry for years to come.

9 minutes ago, Phillyphilly12 said:

I may be one of the few here but I actually wanted Chip to draft Dak to run his offense. I think Dak is a good QB, definitely not as bad as people are letting on and I definitely don’t think he would hinder Dallas’ success with a big contract like people also think. That being said I think Carson is going to have the better career should he stay healthy but Dak is no slouch. Should make for a good rivalry for years to come.

I think Dak would be much better in a spread type offense

17 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I think Dak would be much better in a spread type offense

I watched a lot of Dak at Mississippi St. and he definitely caught my attention as a potential prospect for Chips offense. Chip got canned right before that draft so we will never know if he would’ve been interested or not

2 minutes ago, Phillyphilly12 said:

I watched a lot of Dak at Mississippi St. and he definitely caught my attention as a potential prospect for Chips offense. Chip got canned right before that draft so we will never know if he would’ve been interested or not

I liked him a Miss St. too, I didn’t think he would be this good though....

Just now, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I’m sure both teams happy win their guy

Yeah, I just don’t get fans of either team thinking the other guy isn’t good 

2 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I liked him a Miss St. too, I didn’t think he would be this good though....

Yeah, I just don’t get fans of either team thinking the other guy isn’t good 

I thought he had potential but I definitely didn’t see his rookie year coming. My boss at work is actually a cowboys fan and we talk football all the time and I always would talk about Dak being a sleeper in the draft. Right after Romo went down my boss came to me and said "looks like you may have been right about Prescott”

Both guys are good and can go all the way. Like others have said we should be happy with whom we have. Looking forward to a great year. Praying for health on both teams. 

14 minutes ago, Phillyphilly12 said:

I thought he had potential but I definitely didn’t see his rookie year coming. My boss at work is actually a cowboys fan and we talk football all the time and I always would talk about Dak being a sleeper in the draft. Right after Romo went down my boss came to me and said "looks like you may have been right about Prescott”

My son was actually way more excited about Dak than me....I think what sold me was that the fact that Dez and Witten and were sold on him so quick....People don’t know it but Romo was sort of like a father figure to Dez the last few years and Witten and Romo are best friends...and both swore by Dak early I thought they might be on to something.

yesterday aside, he will never be an elite passer,  it he’s easily good enough to win a ring with 

17 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

My son was actually way more excited about Dak than me....I think what sold me was that the fact that Dez and Witten and were sold on him so quick....People don’t know it but Romo was sort of like a father figure to Dez the last few years and Witten and Romo are best friends...and both swore by Dak early I thought they might be on to something.

yesterday aside, he will never be an elite passer,  it he’s easily good enough to win a ring with 

The giants secondary is nothing to write home about but I think the game plan kellen Moore put together was great. That offense is looking much better and if Moore can continue to call the offense that way it is going to help Dak out a lot.

5 minutes ago, Phillyphilly12 said:

The giants secondary is nothing to write home about but I think the game plan kellen Moore put together was great. That offense is looking much better and if Moore can continue to call the offense that way it is going to help Dak out a lot.

The giants don’t have a pass rush and can’t cover...so you have to take that into account...but they definitely did some scheme things to help Dak....he was handicapped by Linehan 

2 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

The giants don’t have a pass rush and can’t cover...so you have to take that into account...but they definitely did some scheme things to help Dak....he was handicapped by Linehan 

Yeah like I said the secondary is bad and Dak has all day to throw but the play design and how they featured the WR’s looked a lot better than in years past. Will be interesting to see how it looks against better competition 

2 minutes ago, Phillyphilly12 said:

Yeah like I said the secondary is bad and Dak has all day to throw but the play design and how they featured the WR’s looked a lot better than in years past. Will be interesting to see how it looks against better competition 

And also once teams get film...the announcers referenced a lot of confusion in the giants secondary. They were caught completely off guard...give DC’s a week or so and that will change...the key will be how the cowboys adjust then....

Yeah Dak’s stat line was definitely inflated by some wide open receivers and a lot of YAC. But it was still a good performance and I take nothing away from him. Like you said, we will see how they perform after coaches get some film and they go up against stiffer competition 

7 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

The morons will still be morons...crazy to doubt either guy 

I think that's fair. Do I think Dak is better than Wentz? No. Wentz has the higher ceiling but that doesn't mean Dak can't also be good, in fact very good. More than one QB can be good at any one time but some think that if one is good the other is bad.

I do want the Boys to overpay for Dak though. 

I’ve watched both players kick the crap out of my team. Granted these two QBs are playing on loaded teams with possibly the two best OLs in the NFL, but they are both worth top dollar. Dak to me just looks like a winner. Sure if you picked him up and dropped him on the Giants he may not be as dynamic, but that’s not going to happen. He’ll be playing on that team, behind that line for at least the next 5 years. Pay the man. Wentz on the other hand can carry a team if asked IMO. His one Achilles heel is injuries. If he stays upright we’ll be an MVP candidate year in and year out. 

Which one is better? Who cares. They’ll both win a ton of games in their careers and both fan bases should be happy with their guy. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Which one is better? Who cares. They’ll both win a ton of games in their careers and both fan bases should be happy with their guy. 

I think that's actually a really good balanced view on both QBs and accurate. Dak is a winner and he's won a lot of games with Dallas already. Wentz is a guy who can elevate a team and is more likely to be an MVP candidate year in and year out. 

You know, I live and work with Dallas Fan. We both came to the same conclusion as of right now about both QBs. We both don’t know what we really have. Do our Eagles have an MVP QB who can stay healthy for a few years? Do Dallas have a consistent QB who is a game winner for years to come?

Or do the Eagles have a QB who dances with MVP till hurt, and do Dallas have a QB who changes from week to week.

I will wait till end of this season to really feel it out, but if both play at the level they did over the weekend. I think we will have 2 teams that will seal a Division win and Wild Card every year. Both Teams right now as of last weekend look damn scary for NFC.

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’ve watched both players kick the crap out of my team. Granted these two QBs are playing on loaded teams with possibly the two best OLs in the NFL, but they are both worth top dollar. Dak to me just looks like a winner. Sure if you picked him up and dropped him on the Giants he may not be as dynamic, but that’s not going to happen. He’ll be playing on that team, behind that line for at least the next 5 years. Pay the man. Wentz on the other hand can carry a team if asked IMO. His one Achilles heel is injuries. If he stays upright we’ll be an MVP candidate year in and year out. 

So we're supposed to say something nice about Eli/Jones now?  NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

15 hours ago, nicks said:

Should be very interesting......Are the Dak doubters still out there?? Hate the Girls but with his weapons you can't count them out.....Why should the Eagles not be worried?

Jason garrett

thread

Dak and even Romos biggest hurdle was always the coaching around them. Wentz hands down is the better talent by far not even a question. Dak is a good QB and has the tools to get a SB win. Dak like most players with talent that go to Dallas , have more obstacles then  other players / teams. Jerrys culture does the team no favors " not complaining either :D  

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think that's fair. Do I think Dak is better than Wentz? No. Wentz has the higher ceiling but that doesn't mean Dak can't also be good, in fact very good. More than one QB can be good at any one time but some think that if one is good the other is bad.

I do want the Boys to overpay for Dak though. 

I think Wentz has the ceiling of Aaron Rodgers/Drew Brees and Dak of Russell Wilson, so I'd agree