Sign in to follow this  
Procus

It is painful listening to Booger MacFarland

I find myself changing the channel of what is otherwise a good game because it is unbearable listening to "Booger".  So many qualified announcers.  Where the hell did they find this guy?

Same. I cut the audio when he said "They is going to run out of time"

I had the game muted. I unmuted it just in time for him to say there was no roughing the kicker after the guy took out the kicker.

I can't even stand the play-by-play guy. Sounds like some schmuck awkwardly imitating a commentator.

I couldn't believe they put Booger on MNF football to begin with. Then they actually promoted him :wacko:

8 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I can't even stand the play-by-play guy. Sounds like some schmuck awkwardly imitating a commentator.

I couldn't believe they put Booger on MNF football to begin with. Then they actually promoted him :wacko:

More often than not, it feels like ESPN does things to spite people. Many people complain about some of the things ESPN rolls out, but then ESPN will either double down or take it away a little bit, and then rehash.

I miss Madden and Pat Summerall  not that they did MNF, but just in general, they were my favorite duo. 

22 minutes ago, nipples said:

I miss Madden and Pat Summerall  not that they did MNF, but just in general, they were my favorite duo. 

Early MNF announcers Cosell, Gifford and Meredith were the best by far.  MNF used to be a show - an event - and it eclipsed what SNF is today.  Now it just sucks.

ESPN has been cutting costs, so Booger was probably a cheap hire. But, he offers no insight and has no interesting stories to tell.  

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Madden had a short stint on Monday night football with Al Michael's though

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Madden had a short stint on Monday night football with Al Michael's though

Yeah I remember that. I just thought he and Summerall were a perfect duo. I can still hear Pat’s dry but iconic voice on the play by play, with Madden’s captain obvious observations sprinkled in. :lol:

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Yeah I remember that. I just thought he and Summerall were a perfect duo. I can still hear Pat’s dry but iconic voice on the play by plan, with Madden’s captain obvious observations sprinkled in. :lol:

It was definitely amazing lol. Circling flies on the camera and stuff. Lol. 

I can't think of many announcers or analysts that I enjoy listening to.  Buck and Aikman are OK but nothing special.  Nantz  is boring.  So is Tessitore.  

Sometimes I watch redzone most of the day and that announcer is annoying.

I know it's college but I always liked Verne Lundquist.

I just can't watch MNF because they're so bad. When the Eagles are playing, I pipe WIP through my surround sound and sync it with the TV. That way I don't have to listen to the TV idiots.

7 hours ago, RepPhilly said:

I can't think of many announcers or analysts that I enjoy listening to.  Buck and Aikman are OK but nothing special.  Nantz  is boring.  So is Tessitore.  

Sometimes I watch redzone most of the day and that announcer is annoying.

I know it's college but I always liked Verne Lundquist.

Chris Spielman is one of the better analyst imo.