Sign in to follow this  
EagleJoe8

Week 2 Open Discussion.

Recommended Posts

Week 1 saw Miami lose a home game by 7 TDs. Things don't get any easier this week with a NE team who is now able to add Antonio Brown to the mix. Maybe some of that Fitzmagic will reappear.

Kyler Murray opened his career with his first ever come from behind tie. Now he gets to travel cross country to play a tough Ravens team.

New season, and it's still early, but looks to be the same ole Browns. Maybe they can start to build some confidence against a Jets team playing without Sam Darnold who is out because of mono. 

The Bills are back in the same stadium for the 2nd week in a row. After escaping with a 1 point win against the Jets, the Bills now face the Giants at Met Life Stadium.

The Saints will look to dry their tears and sooth the butthurtedness of their fanbase when they travel to LA to take on the Rams. Saints fans will have to blow their whistles from the comfort of their own home.

 

Talk about the games you'll be watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four stars:

Saints/Rams is as good as a week 2 game can possibly be. 

 

Three stars:

Stylistically, Ravens/Cards is super duper intriguing.  Vikes/Packers another good game with early division title implications. 

 

Two stars:

Seahawks/Steelers doesn't feel as great as a Wilson/Roth matchup should.  Bills/Giants offers a morbid fascination of watching the GMen rebuild continue to flounder.  The Matt Ryan/Quinn era could die with a whimper if Falcons don't defend their turf v.s. Philly.  Are the Raiders really a threat to do something in Oakland swan song?  Titans/Colts could be a deceptively good football game.  Redskins/Cowboys is always fun as long as you are 50 yrs or older.

 

Rest of the schedule is for diehards, gamblers and FF losers (I caved and played again this year).  I want to like the Lions/Chargers game, but I just can't.   Broncos /Bears opens as a 1 star, but has no hitter potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arizona @ Baltimore, 1:00 PM I caught a bit of the Cards last week and was impressed so I may watch this too

Dallas @ Washington, 1:00 PM Rooting for Skins or tie

Jacksonville @ Houston, 1:00 PM This game would have been the game I was watching but with Foles out I'm meh about it. Likely wont watch now

Minnesota @ Green Bay, 1:00 PM I just like watching Rodgers play🤷‍♂️

 

Chicago @ Denver, 4:25 PM Go Broncos

New Orleans @ Los Angeles Rams, 4:25 PM Go Rams. Though I'd be fine with a tie

Philadelphia @ Atlanta, 8:20 PM Go EaglesEagle_smiley.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

 

The Saints will look to dry their tears and sooth the butthurtedness of their fanbase when they travel to LA to take on the Rams. Saints fans will have to blow their whistles from the comfort of their own home.

 

Talk about the games you'll be watching.

This is what I don't get. I thought it was illegal and could get home team a penalty. Yet, every time I put a Saints home game on, I hear a whistle that wasnt from the refs.

Don't think they can **** about a bad (non) call when they do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jfluke said:

This is what I don't get. I thought it was illegal and could get home team a penalty. Yet, every time I put a Saints home game on, I hear a whistle that wasnt from the refs.

Don't think they can **** about a bad (non) call when they do that.

It's a big part of the reason I don't feel sorry for them at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jfluke said:

This is what I don't get. I thought it was illegal and could get home team a penalty. Yet, every time I put a Saints home game on, I hear a whistle that wasnt from the refs.

Don't think they can **** about a bad (non) call when they do that.

It is against the rules for fans. There's that one guy with the whistle hat that can do it without a physical whistle though and he'll do it constantly at the games

Though in the playoff game you could see the people with actual physical whistles in the stands blowing them. Lots of people were caught on tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings-Packers @ 1.

Saints - Rams @ 4:30

Eagles-Falcons @ 8:20 PM

 

Kinda like the Vikes close,

Rams big.

Ditto Atlanta (sorry)

 

Seems just when the Pack find defense, their O sputters.

N.O. just doesn't look the same to me away from home.

Julio Jones & co. are too much for the back 7 when pressure is inconsistent.  This will be a "gin game" for me.  Hopefully swimming in enough grain alcohol by the 4th that I won't be able to "fully appreciate" the sticks D-let alone be able to spell it..................... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pisceschica said:

Don’t agree with Chi but their offense is a serious handicap on their chances 

 

56F63D9A-A903-48F0-97FB-B2214977E318.jpeg

Nah Chicago are definitely in there bud. That offense and their QB are too much of a handicap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So without the ticket, I'm stuck with the Pats @ Dolphins and Hawks @ Steelers early. Late I do get Saints @ Rams.

I kinda wish I could have seen some of Dallas and the Redskins, but I expect Dallas to win handily, so I guess it's not that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the eagles playing on SNF(or Monday morning football in my case time wise) I'm trying to decide which game to watch. I know red zone is great but I started watching the NFL in 1999 when red zone wasn't even an idea yet. I think red zone while a good idea shouldn't become the default way we watch the game. It's short burst format has either contributed to or is responding to the supposed lack of attention span this generation has. I like to watch a game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pisceschica said:

Don’t agree with Chi but their offense is a serious handicap on their chances 

 

56F63D9A-A903-48F0-97FB-B2214977E318.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Bears defense carrys that offense to the playoffs?

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

So without the ticket, I'm stuck with the Pats @ Dolphins and Hawks @ Steelers early. Late I do get Saints @ Rams.

I kinda wish I could have seen some of Dallas and the Redskins, but I expect Dallas to win handily, so I guess it's not that bad.

Did you look up reddit nfl streams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Maybe Bears defense carrys that offense to the playoffs?

Did you look up reddit nfl streams?

I didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Maybe Bears defense carrys that offense to the playoffs?

Did you look up reddit nfl streams?

I have an old PC, and it looks like the site won't let me click on anything saying it can't provide a secure connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

So without the ticket, I'm stuck with the Pats @ Dolphins and Hawks @ Steelers early. Late I do get Saints @ Rams.

I kinda wish I could have seen some of Dallas and the Redskins, but I expect Dallas to win handily, so I guess it's not that bad.

Google (insert team) vs (insert team) reddit live stream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pisceschica said:

Google (insert team) vs (insert team) reddit live stream

I can't on my PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I can't on my PC.

You're not able to get on the reddit site? The streams aren't available until closer to game time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

You're not able to get on the reddit site? The streams aren't available until closer to game time

I can get on the site, but clicking on the links provided, ( I realize there is nothing to show now), but it takes me to a page that says it can't provide a secure connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I can get on the site, but clicking on the links provided, ( I realize there is nothing to show now), but it takes me to a page that says it can't provide a secure connection.

That’s strange because as far as I know reddit is secure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

That’s strange because as far as I know reddit is secure 

I have an old PC with an out of date operating system. I wonder if that's why. I can't watch Hulu or Netflix on this PC nor can I watch video clips people post from Twitter pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I have an old PC with an out of date operating system. I wonder if that's why. I can't watch Hulu or Netflix on this PC nor can I watch video clips people post from Twitter pages.

I know it’s not ideal but do you have smart phone or tablet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

I know it’s not ideal but do you have smart phone or tablet?

I have a phone, but I don't care to watch games on it. I can deal with the few choices I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I have an old PC with an out of date operating system. I wonder if that's why. I can't watch Hulu or Netflix on this PC nor can I watch video clips people post from Twitter pages.

How old are we talking? Vista?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

How old are we talking? Vista?

XP. The PC used to be my stepdads. After he passed away in 2013, I took it since it was newer than what I had at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this