Procus

Antonio Brown cut by Pats

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t even recall what Pitt got but it doesn’t matter. At this point, Oakland literally has nothing to show for the trade. 

Putting all of his crap aside and wether he did those other things or not just what he pulled to get off the raiders should be enough for teams to say no. Obviously it wasn't but, it should of been

3 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Putting all of his crap aside and wether he did those other things or not just what he pulled to get off the raiders should be enough for teams to say no. Obviously it wasn't but, it should of been

Yeah, many teams think they can be the one to keep someone under control. 

9 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t even recall what Pitt got but it doesn’t matter. At this point, Oakland literally has nothing to show for the trade. 

A 3rd and a 5th

When it comes to overvauling draft picks I'm the worst offender and even I thought Pittsburgh got fleeced 

1 minute ago, paco said:

A 3rd and a 5th

Pitts must now be laughing so hard about this. They got a 3rd and a 5th for a player who likely has contributed one decent game this year and is done. 

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Pitts must now be laughing so hard about this. They got a 3rd and a 5th for a player who likely has contributed one decent game this year and is done. 

Shoot the pats didnt even need his contribution in that game. All he did was waste the patriots time in getting him up to speed and on the field.  Which is a good thing if your pitt. 

When he gets picked up by the R-words,  do you think we will get another "I'm free!!!!! " video? 

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah, many teams think they can be the one to keep someone under control. 

Can’t control what’s already happened

27 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Shoot the pats didnt even need his contribution in that game. All he did was waste the patriots time in getting him up to speed and on the field.  Which is a good thing if your pitt. 

He also got $9 Million guaranteed to play 1 game.

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Can’t control what’s already happened

In this case, that's true. I meant in general though.

Prediction: Brown will realize that no team will sign him and then he will act like a new and enlightened human being. He will give an interview to Stephen A. Smith, where Smith will act like its on the level of Israel-Palestine talks. Then Snyder or Jerry will sign Brown. 

45 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That is absolutely sickening. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Somebody finally topped Sam Bradford!

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Maybe we are talking about different things; I pretty sure that $9M was a two installment signing bonus the first one was due Monday September 23. And the second later in the year. Apparently if the pats don’t pay he will have to would have to file a grievance to get the money, and that’s still no guarantee.

13 hours ago, paco said:

He was on my do not draft list. I didn't care how far he fell. 

We drafted the night Luck retired, so it was later in the preseason but probably at the mid-way point of a typical draft season. At that point, Brown was on my "this guy is massively undervalued and I want him on my team because he's going to return top 5 value" list. 

Second round pick. I suck. <_<

13 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Maybe we are talking about different things; I pretty sure that $9M was a two installment signing bonus the first one was due Monday September 23. And the second later in the year. Apparently if the pats don’t pay he will have to would have to file a grievance to get the money, and that’s still no guarantee.

You may be right. I didn't look into his contract other than to see it was a 1 year deal worth $15 Million with $9 Million guaranteed.

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

Looks like 5 million first then 4 later. 

And apparently they havent paid him that yet.  😂

2 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

We drafted the night Luck retired, so it was later in the preseason but probably at the mid-way point of a typical draft season. At that point, Brown was on my "this guy is massively undervalued and I want him on my team because he's going to return top 5 value" list. 

Second round pick. I suck. <_<

We drafted the Wednesday before the season started.  I took him with my 3rd pick.  Thought the helmet thing was over and he was going to be fine from then on. Nobody Had no idea about any of this crap at the time.  He wouldn’t have lasted though as other suspended players and even hold out players were drafted in my league At that time.  We generally don’t give a crap if players are good guys or not, emotion is not part of my strategy and his talent in the 3rd round was a steal at the time.  

1 hour ago, paco said:

Looks like 5 million first then 4 later. 

And apparently they havent paid him that yet.  😂

Yuppers. And according to Ian Rappsport (sp) the pats maybe able to get out of it due to a clause saying he didn’t disclose this issue prior to signing. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nfl-network-insider-ian-rapoport-213234046.html

I hope he saved up his money bc he left $30M with raiders. I wonder if he would’ve remained on their roster if he was with them. 

7 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

🤣

8 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah, I didn't know that detail at the time.

Still don't know if it will be the case, I am just adding it as a potential point that may null his contract. Time shall tell.

I hope it does.

I'm guessing he would not have been cut if the Pats even thought they had to pay the 9 million. 

If he doesn't get it, his financial loss for the year is what, 39 million? Plus incentives. And probably any endorsements.

What a schmuck.

Yeah,  but we threw easter eggs at Santa on mothers day so....