Procus

Antonio Brown cut by Pats

Somebody else prematurely started a thread on this a couple of days ago, but it did just happen today.  Eagles could use him just about now for a short term rental.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/20/antonio-brown-is-cut-by-the-patriots/

Antonio Brown is cut by the Patriots

Posted by Mike Florio on September 20, 2019, 4:15 PM EDT

The Antonio Brown era has ended in New England.

Brown tweeted an apparent farewell to the Patriots, and Brown has indeed been released, PFT has confirmed.

The experiment lasted 11 day, and it came crashing down quickly. He was sued for sexual assault and rape one day after joining the Patriots. The final straw by all appearances came when he attempted to intimidate a second accuser, who had emerged earlier this week via comments to SI.com.

"Thanks for the opportunity appreciate @Patriots,” Brown tweeted late this afternoon.

Brown will immediately become a free agent, again. It could be that, this time around, he stays that way for a while.

Even as good as he is, I’d be surprised if someone takes a chance right now. He may be lucky to sign one week contracts. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Even as good as he is, I’d be surprised if someone takes a chance right now. He may be lucky to sign one week contracts. 

I think the NFL will make him exempt at this point

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hell hell no. This sexual assault thing?

I read today he sent threatening texts to one of the women. This guy is beyond help. How the Steelers kept this guy in check for as long as they did is amazing.

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

I think the NFL will make him exempt at this point

I know many years back, the league threatened to impose sanctions for teams signing problem players. That never made sense to me. If someone is worth sanctioning a team over, don’t allow them in the league and cut the problem off at the head. 

4 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Hard pass.  Hell no to the circus.  

It's sad anyone would even start a post saying they would want him.

2 minutes ago, Boss Hawg said:

I read today he sent threatening texts to one of the women. This guy is beyond help. How the Steelers kept this guy in check for as long as they did is amazing.

He sent threatening texts to both of the women. 

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I know many years back, the league threatened to impose sanctions for teams signing problem players. That never made sense to me. If someone is worth sanctioning a team over, don’t allow them in the league and cut the problem off at the head. 

I agree, I don't know how much more of a problem this idiot could be... Just save everyone the temptation and say is not allowed to be signed at this time

Man he is wrecking fantasy owners. Lol.  My gosh gordan stock just to a nice jump though! 

23 minutes ago, Boss Hawg said:

It's sad anyone would even start a post saying they would want him.

If the Eagles could sign him for Thursday's game, I'd consider a one game rental

1 minute ago, Procus said:

If the Eagles could sign him for Thursday's game, I'd consider a one game rental

100% no.  Absolutely not.

Just now, downundermike said:

100% no.  Absolutely not.

Yeah no chance. Don't even want that guy associated with this team even if it was guaranteed he'd do no actual damage to the team or locker room etc. 

This was being discussed on 98.7 ESPN in New York, and there is a widely held belief that a hit by Vontez Burrfect during a Bengals-Steelers game may have caused Brown's behavior.

1 minute ago, Wallyhorse said:

This was being discussed on 98.7 ESPN in New York, and there is a widely held belief that a hit by Vontez Burrfect during a Bengals-Steelers game may have caused Brown's behavior.

The only thing that's plausible is that the Burfict hit simply exacerbated his behavior, because his own family has confirmed that AB has been like this since he was young.

3 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

That has nothing to do with it he has been this way since college

1 minute ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

The only thing that's plausible is that the Burfict hit simply exacerbated his behavior, because his own family has confirmed that AB has been like this since he was young.

Yeah, all reports are the Steelers covered up a lot of his antics. 

5 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

There was an article I saw about 6 weeks ago ( apologies, do not remember where ) that timeline's the series of events since that hit.  No doubt Burfict broke him.