Sign in to follow this  
KingxEagles

Jason Garret has a better coaching staff than Doug Pederson right now.

Cowgirls' staff knows how to get their players ready to play on Game Day. Eagles' staff don't know how teach their players to hold onto the damn ball.

Nah, eagles are just more banged up....way too early to make any judgements like that...

im torn on Philly, part of me is  impressed how close they came to winning while playing like garbage the last 2 weeks....how good could they be if they got rolling?

on the other hand they remind me of the 2010 cowboys that just found ways to lose games early on 

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

on the other hand they remind me of the 2010 cowboys that just found ways to lose games early on 

I think it's going to be closer to this. Same with us in 2016. What it says though is we aren't far away! But that's not where this team should be at. 

43 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

They definitely have us beat with RB and WR coaches

I don't know anything about their RB and WR coaches  but if Duce Staley was their RB coach, Zeke probably only gets like 8 carries a game and the rest split up amongst the scrubs and Cowboy fans wondering why Zeke is only getting 8 carries a game. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And OC right now too.

damnit 😞

918584EE-2E47-452E-A5FE-032D09E013EB.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Eagles Finest said:

The Cowboys have certainly drafted better than the Eagles. Change my mind. 

Nothing to change. It's true.

At Halftime, Dak apologized to the OC (Moore) for getting well away from his gameplan. They win by 25 points yet he says: ""I was just being too greedy. This is a great tape to learn from, for me probably more than anybody else. [I need to] just take what the defense gives me. Period.".  Be interesting to imagine what Moore (and Kitna) could do with Wentz. 

/Happy to see the Giants win, that kid Jones gives Giants fans something to cheer about. No hope is no fun.

28 minutes ago, Mearns said:

At Halftime, Dak apologized to the OC (Moore) for getting well away from his gameplan. They win by 25 points yet he says: ""I was just being too greedy. This is a great tape to learn from, for me probably more than anybody else. [I need to] just take what the defense gives me. Period.".  Be interesting to imagine what Moore (and Kitna) could do with Wentz. 

/Happy to see the Giants win, that kid Jones gives Giants fans something to cheer about. No hope is no fun.

I see no hope for the Eagles. 

Apart from TE and punter the cowboys have better personnel in probably every position. It's due to their drafting and trades

I don’t see it that way. I have little confidence in Jason Garrett. After just three games I trust Moore over Garrett. Moore May turn out to be someone special. Garrett wanted to keep Scott L until Jerry told him no. 

One thing I don’t understand is why so many injuries on Eagles teams the last 3 years? 

Is it training camp is to soft? I don’t get it??

The Jones's have quietly made many changes in the coaching staff in just the last year and taken much of the power away from Garrett. They not only shifted to OC-Moore but to QB-Kitna & OL-Colombo offensively, but added Richards defensively (secondary). Woicik is their superb conditioning coach (29 years), but here is the real key - take 3 players out (Witten 37, Ladouceur 38, Lee 33) and their starters are the 3rd youngest in the NFL. No guarantees of course, fluke injuries can happen to anyone, but it is a young man's game, except quaterback it seems. 

6 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Nah, eagles are just more banged up....way too early to make any judgements like that...

im torn on Philly, part of me is  impressed how close they came to winning while playing like garbage the last 2 weeks....how good could they be if they got rolling?

It keeps looking like Wentz isn't clutch late in games and cant bring his team back in 4th quarters but the last 2 weeks he's put the ball right in his receivers hands for TD's (Agholor vs. ATL and Arcega-Whiteside vs. Detroit) and they cant make the catch.  Those 2 catches are made we are possibly 3-0 but oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

I thought the same thing.  If they can get guys back healthy and gain more chemistry than they'll be alright.  I think they will get better as the year goes on but the problem is it may be too late by then. 

Btw, talking about receivers and what a difference they can make,  two of the TDs Mahomes made today were really due to two amazing one-hand catches made by his receivers, he was not perfect in either throw.  Looking at Dak's games, Gallup & Cooper (and D.Smith) definitely are making up for less than perfect throws also. Good sure-handed receivers make a world of difference, no doubt.

11 hours ago, RepPhilly said:

It keeps looking like Wentz isn't clutch late in games and cant bring his team back in 4th quarters but the last 2 weeks he's put the ball right in his receivers hands for TD's (Agholor vs. ATL and Arcega-Whiteside vs. Detroit) and they cant make the catch.  Those 2 catches are made we are possibly 3-0 but oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

I thought the same thing.  If they can get guys back healthy and gain more chemistry than they'll be alright.  I think they will get better as the year goes on but the problem is it may be too late by then. 

I think Wentz has been less consistent than normal and could deserve a small bit of criticism...that said, he’s been clutch the last 2 weeks when it got down to it.

when the eagles schedule lightens up and they get healthy late in the year, I think they’ll go on a run 

Here is what I see,  Wentz is Clutch but the team/receivers aren't doing him any favors this is true.  I also agree with what someone said earlier in terms of of Garrett.  Look,  Garret is one of the best coaches in the league at keeping the team from getting down or too high.  He is amazing at always having them ready,  it's very rare that they are flat for any long stretch.  The thing about Garrett is his mentality is to only focus on getting better and overcoming.  He doesn't concern himself with other teams or players as much as just focusing on the little things.  He is an incredible manager of players and their demeanor,  the players LOVE garrett.

But,  Garrett is also a good talent evaluator because he looks for good players who go about business the right way. Of course they have players that cause trouble,  but they handle it well.  The big downfall with Garrett has been him realizing his place and not trying to do too much.   If Garrett spends his coaching time just as a walkaround rah rah guy then he is really really good.  It's about him knowing his place and being humble about it and allowing other coaches to do their thing without interference.   Actually,  with the right coordinators and Garrett not overstepping his bounds,  then the cowboys should be scary for the league because they finally found a dynamic that can work.

The only glimmer of hope that I have is that this team will rise to the level of challenge of their heavy opponents vs the nonsense they have been doing these last 3 weeks.

But as of right now whether it is coaching, prep, or just players on the field? The Cowboys look like they are waaaaay ahead of where we are at.

Granted they have had a cake schedule but still.

14 hours ago, Mearns said:

The Jones's have quietly made many changes in the coaching staff in just the last year and taken much of the power away from Garrett. They not only shifted to OC-Moore but to QB-Kitna & OL-Colombo offensively, but added Richards defensively (secondary). Woicik is their superb conditioning coach (29 years), but here is the real key - take 3 players out (Witten 37, Ladouceur 38, Lee 33) and their starters are the 3rd youngest in the NFL. No guarantees of course, fluke injuries can happen to anyone, but it is a young man's game, except quaterback it seems. 

That’s not the Jones doing that’s Garrett’s doing. He’s the one who hired Linehan who basically took Moore under his wing. 

4 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

I think Wentz has been less consistent than normal and could deserve a small bit of criticism...that said, he’s been clutch the last 2 weeks when it got down to it.

when the eagles schedule lightens up and they get healthy late in the year, I think they’ll go on a run 

I think so too but problem is if they lose on Thursday to GB and drop another 1-2 games in the first half of their schedule then it might be too big of a hole to get out of.