Sign in to follow this  
KingxEagles

Jason Garret has a better coaching staff than Doug Pederson right now.

Must agree, Garrett is best as a manager and instrumental to keep everyone focused, serious and even keeled, win or loose. No hysterics.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:02 PM, RepPhilly said:

I think so too but problem is if they lose on Thursday to GB and drop another 1-2 games in the first half of their schedule then it might be too big of a hole to get out of.

Key will be the two games against Dallas 

Your only clutch if you pull out a win in the game. Sure his receivers have let him down but he has not played a level of a Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, or Dak yet this year. I just don’t see his guys having his back. Maybe I’m wrong about that?

Eagles have been praised for the past year about how deep they are compared to any other team. 

I don’t know why they have so many injuries but something needs to change during camp or something. They are one of the oldest teams in the league but so are the Pats. Two years ago they were on fire and beat everyone. This is be a better team then in 2017.

I get the 'impression' that Wentz may be a little short on leadership qualities thus far, not natural football talent certainly. The Chiefs & Dallas have many excellent leaders on both sides of the ball, perhaps that is helpful to their young and very personal QBs. 

16 hours ago, Mearns said:

I get the 'impression' that Wentz may be a little short on leadership qualities thus far, not natural football talent certainly. The Chiefs & Dallas have many excellent leaders on both sides of the ball, perhaps that is helpful to their young and very personal QBs. 

I think you might be right. One thing that concerns me about Wentz and the Eagles staff is that they don't seem to hold player's mistakes accountable. I'm not saying they should go ranting and raving about the mistakes during their press interviews but they just seem to have the attitude that "crap happens " we'll get over it. Anyway as of right now it sucks for us Eagles but you Girls fans can enjoy the moment 

2 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

I think you might be right. One thing that concerns me about Wentz and the Eagles staff is that they don't seem to hold player's mistakes accountable. I'm not saying they should go ranting and raving about the mistakes during their press interviews but they just seem to have the attitude that "crap happens " we'll get over it. Anyway as of right now it sucks for us Eagles but you Girls fans can enjoy the moment 

One thing Eagles coaches do is hold their guys accountable with off the field issues. Garrett drives me crazy because when some idiot gets popped for suspension it’s like Garrett says boys will be boys and nothing happens. That’s why they continue to do it. 

I have yet to meet a 'Girls' fans that wishes Wentz ill, the opposite really. Dak & Wentz are forever tied together, drafted at the same time in the same division, NFCE of all places. Both good kids. I do think Dak has gotten more help (coaching, personnel, etc) then Wentz. These two guys are going to forever leapfrog over each other for years, and there lies the most fun for me - the competition between them. 

/Wearing green tonight, I hope Wentz wipes the condecending air off Rodger's arrogant face.

gch, by now you should know the Dallas organization is a very closed-knit, what they show to the media and feel and do internally are totally two different things. 

On 9/25/2019 at 6:36 PM, gch said:

Your only clutch if you pull out a win in the game. Sure his receivers have let him down but he has not played a level of a Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, or Dak yet this year. I just don’t see his guys having his back. Maybe I’m wrong about that?

Eagles have been praised for the past year about how deep they are compared to any other team. 

I don’t know why they have so many injuries but something needs to change during camp or something. They are one of the oldest teams in the league but so are the Pats. Two years ago they were on fire and beat everyone. This is be a better team then in 2017.

I don't think the pass rush is anywhere near what it was in 2017 and that alone could make a huge difference.

I could be mistaken but has Mahomes pulled out any late close games?  I know I've seen him come up short in some games.

14 hours ago, Mearns said:

I have yet to meet a 'Girls' fans that wishes Wentz ill, the opposite really. Dak & Wentz are forever tied together, drafted at the same time in the same division, NFCE of all places. Both good kids. I do think Dak has gotten more help (coaching, personnel, etc) then Wentz. These two guys are going to forever leapfrog over each other for years, and there lies the most fun for me - the competition between them. 

/Wearing green tonight, I hope Wentz wipes the condecending air off Rodger's arrogant face.

I get sick of the Dak vs Wentz comparison, who's better?  who would you rather have? etc.

They're both good QB's and both our teams should be lucky to have them.  Problem is most fans want results right now and don't think that maybe these guys will win SB's later in their career.  It's possible Dak wins a SB this year or next.  Maybe Carson wins 1-2 in year 8 or 9 later in his career, who knows?  

28 minutes ago, RepPhilly said:

I don't think the pass rush is anywhere near what it was in 2017 and that alone could make a huge difference.

I could be mistaken but has Mahomes pulled out any late close games?  I know I've seen him come up short in some games.

I get sick of the Dak vs Wentz comparison, who's better?  who would you rather have? etc.

They're both good QB's and both our teams should be lucky to have them.  Problem is most fans want results right now and don't think that maybe these guys will win SB's later in their career.  It's possible Dak wins a SB this year or next.  Maybe Carson wins 1-2 in year 8 or 9 later in his career, who knows?  

I agree with you Rep.

Both can handle the job as franchise QB’s and we should be happy to have them. Our fan bases are crazy on both sides. Eagles have SB a few years ago and Dallas is way over due. 

I do love this team if we can continue to play and improve as the season goes on. 

Philly may have just got their motivation to put together a string of wins. Should be a fun season. 

On 9/25/2019 at 6:36 PM, gch said:

Our depth was great before. They took the saying next man up seriously. Our CBs have always been average or below average. The Dline was able to mask that before but injuries and losing key players hurt the effectiveness of it. Plus some of the schemes in defense are questionable. We need help at CB badly

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I thought Kellen Moore had saved the Cowboys offense by introducing pre snap motion.  What happened?  Joe Gibbs was so proud.

Not really sure, it was seriously like they pulled Scot Linehan’s playbook out from last year and decided to give it a try except for 1 drive in the 3rd quarter .....

i mean not one zone read play, not one screen play, not 1 RPO...I don’t know what the plan was there....

18 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Not really sure, it was seriously like they pulled Scot Linehan’s playbook out from last year and decided to give it a try except for 1 drive in the 3rd quarter .....

i mean not one zone read play, not one screen play, not 1 RPO...I don’t know what the plan was there....

I don’t know either, but more of that please! :D 

Yeah they sure look coached up today and last week. This thread didn't age well.

On 9/23/2019 at 4:04 PM, alphaTATEr said:

I have never watched a more boring eagles defense than what Swartz puts out there.

You were saying?

13 hours ago, Uscg-Green said:

Yeah they sure look coached up today and last week. This thread didn't age well.

You were saying?

so you're going to try and act like that is the norm for Swartz ? you cant because he never calls a game like that. why did it take playing the lousy jets to spice up the defensive calls ? maybe Pederson dug into him ?

25 minutes ago, alphaTATEr said:

so you're going to try and act like that is the norm for Swartz ? you cant because he never calls a game like that. why did it take playing the lousy jets to spice up the defensive calls ? maybe Pederson dug into him ?

Because it was the Jets. Schwartz knew that if he sent the house multiple times it was unlikely the Jets would burn us. Their run game was their only offense so he stacked the box and attacked a WEAK offense. But that's not a knock on him - he did what he should've done against a weak opponent.

Now whether he does this moving forward I don't know.

Just now, Maga301 said:

Because it was the Jets. Schwartz knew that if he sent the house multiple times it was unlikely the Jets would burn us. Their run game was their only offense so he stacked the box and attacked a WEAK offense. But that's not a knock on him - he did what he should've done against a weak opponent.

Now whether he does this moving forward I don't know.

true, and hope he does to going forward when needed as well. just never a big fan of the guy, but I'd love to be swayed the other way.

Just now, alphaTATEr said:

true, and hope he does to going forward when needed as well. just never a big fan of the guy, but I'd love to be swayed the other way.

It's easy to poke holes at him but our corners are garbage. In a passing league can you blame him for not wanting to bring the house knowing we can't cover well on the back end?

Get this guy some decent corners and then we can see what he does with this defense moving forward. 

he has always coached this way. good talent or not, (and i know its lacking in the eagles def backfield) he does not like to blitz in general. I'm not saying bring the house every time, but if the front 4 cant get pressure and the qb is chewing up the secondary, you need to bring some more pressure from somewhere.

1 hour ago, alphaTATEr said:

Or he was playing a QB that only practiced once all week and figured he could dial up anything he wanted without getting burned

4 hours ago, alphaTATEr said:

he has always coached this way. good talent or not, (and i know its lacking in the eagles def backfield) he does not like to blitz in general. I'm not saying bring the house every time, but if the front 4 cant get pressure and the qb is chewing up the secondary, you need to bring some more pressure from somewhere.

The only game I felt he coached poorly on the defensive side was against the Lions. 

Against the Redskins, it was clear the entire team was rusty until they woke up the second half.

Against the Falcons I thought he coached really well and blitzed more than we've seen from him in forever and it confused Matt Ryan. Unfortunately he blitzed probably one too many times and it costed them in the end.

Against the Lions he went blitz heavy again and it rarely worked. The Lions easily picked it up and had easy throws/completions. If we're going to blitz that heavy and not get home we at least have to force the QB off balance. On a TD they gave up they blitzed the house, the Lions picked it up such that Stafford stood like a statue in the pocket to deliver an easy completion for a TD.

Against the Packers I don't think he coached horribly. Jones wasn't exactly good before going out, and then Maddox was epicly bad. They couldn't do anything right in coverage against Adams.

Against the Jets I think he took advantage of a young QB who didn't have preparation. While it was easily our best defensive game of the year, I thought he coached a better game against the Falcons even though it didn't go our way.

Honestly I don't know if we blitz enough, or too little, or too much. I do know that in general our blitzes haven't been effective. Whether that's been the players executing or his coaching it's tough to say. But if we aren't blitzing well, i'm more inclined to not blitz. Nothing is worse than sending pressure that doesn't get home.